Site Being Down

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Site Being Down

Postby rodriguez_88 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:07 am

Anyone else notice that the site goes does every once in a while? Any way we could help change that, Erict?

I for one don't go on the site nearly as much as once did. However, I do often find myself reading old users' insightful posts. It's sometimes sad to see the site down when you need a nice reality check. :)

Am I alone here? :P
rodriguez_88

Re: Site Being Down

Postby dijmart » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:24 am

Yes, the site keeps going down. To my understanding the administrator is no longer actively participating on this forum (correct me is this is incorrect). So, it's just members and the moderators.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby rachMiel » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:47 am

We could take the matter in our own hands (instead of leaving it to an absent administrator) and create a new site. These days it's easy and cheap to do.

Just sayin' ...
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Rob X » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:56 pm

rodriguez_88 wrote:Anyone else notice that the site goes does every once in a while? Any way we could help change that, Erict?

I for one don't go on the site nearly as much as once did. However, I do often find myself reading old users' insightful posts. It's sometimes sad to see the site down when you need a nice reality check. :)

Am I alone here? :P

Yes, although I'm not a prolific poster it's nice to have a forum on the go to dip into now and then.

This is one of the best forums I've known - it would be a shame to see it close.

While this was down I looked around for others to check out. I didn't find much of interest.

Does anyone know of any other decent nonduality related forums?
Rob X

Postby EternalPrize » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:29 pm

I agree. This site may not be very busy, but I think it has had a good core group of users. I'm not here much anymore so maybe many have left. But I've always really liked this site.
EternalPrize

Postby Enlightened2B » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:18 pm

I thought it was my browser initially when it happened a few weeks ago, because I went to one of those "Is it down" websites and it kept telling me that the ET forum was up and running, which clearly was not the case.

Other than WebWanderer, I don't really know if there are any moderators running the site anymore. I know WW is constantly here monitoring and doing what he can to help the site. I know kiki occasionally posts, but I don't know how often he is here. Andy and RT are pretty much gone it seems as are Heidi and Eric. So, who would be the one to perform maintenance on the site when it's down?
Enlightened2B

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:49 pm

We're working on a plan. Kiki is still with us. Give us a few days to explore options. Meanwhile all input is appreciated.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby runstrails » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:54 pm

I still check in on the forum too. Hope everyone is well!
runstrails

Postby rodriguez_88 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:21 am

runstrails wrote:I still check in on the forum too. Hope everyone is well!

We are!

:P
rodriguez_88

Postby Clouded » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:40 am

I thought that the site was gone for good and felt sad because I didn't get to say my goodbyes lol.
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Postby Rob X » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:37 pm

runstrails wrote:I still check in on the forum too. Hope everyone is well!

Hey RT, come back and play. You always had the knack of kick-starting the forum when participation was sparse. :)
Rob X

Postby runstrails » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:41 pm

Thanks, Rob. Will try :).

On another note---thanks for all your concerns about our beloved forum. In speaking with Eric, it seems that the reason had to do with the renewal.

Eric has not asked me to do this---but I thought I would ask if some of our forum members would consider making a small financial donation to the forum to help offset the renewal costs.

In general, I am firmly against soliciting of any kind (I even have a "No Soliciting" sign on my door which I regularly enforce)--but I thought it would be a nice gesture towards our forum and Eric.

There is a "make a donation" button at the bottom of the forum should you be seized by a magnanimous impulse :D.

With best wishes to all,
RT
runstrails

Postby rodriguez_88 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Will do.

Thanks, runstrails.

:)
rodriguez_88

Postby runstrails » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:25 am

Many thanks, Rodriguez :D.