Does anyone else here feel like a god when they're present?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Does anyone else here feel like a god when they're present?

Postby Nyseto » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:41 am

So anytime I am really present, I feel like I have this penetrating focus and confidence goes through the roof. I begin to be very charismatic and say all sorts of stupid shit that people would rather listen to because there is soul behind it. This may sound funny but the way I learned about being present was through talking to women. I used to be deep in my head always self conscious about what to say, what to do, what people think and the ego just showed through like a black hole. I find when I'm present I am giving value as opposed to taking value (validation). It's this great sense of unperturbed freedom that comes with it and magic just happens to the point that it's almost like I open people up especially women lol. Whenever you're being authentic, you have this feeling of abundance but when you get inside your head, you just want to escape or in a sense, "die".

Even when you talk to someone who is present, it's as if the person isn't even there. The only thing that's left is their "fragrance" that you just can't quite put your finger on. You realize they aren't saying anything interesting, but it's how they say it.
"There is no such thing as enlightenment. The appreciation of this fact is itself enlightenment." -Nisargadatta Maharaj
Nyseto

Re: Does anyone else here feel like a god when they're prese

Postby Rob X » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:53 pm

Nyseto wrote:So anytime I am really present, I feel like I have this penetrating focus and confidence goes through the roof. I begin to be very charismatic and say all sorts of stupid shit that people would rather listen to because there is soul behind it. This may sound funny but the way I learned about being present was through talking to women. I used to be deep in my head always self conscious about what to say, what to do, what people think and the ego just showed through like a black hole. I find when I'm present I am giving value as opposed to taking value (validation). It's this great sense of unperturbed freedom that comes with it and magic just happens to the point that it's almost like I open people up especially women lol. Whenever you're being authentic, you have this feeling of abundance but when you get inside your head, you just want to escape or in a sense, "die".

Even when you talk to someone who is present, it's as if the person isn't even there. The only thing that's left is their "fragrance" that you just can't quite put your finger on. You realize they aren't saying anything interesting, but it's how they say it.

Not quite a god but yes, when we are deeply present with what is, there is only what is - and in this there is a great relaxation of being. The inner narrative that upholds our our memory constructed self recedes and the present moment becomes energised. I'd never heard of the becoming present by talking to women technique before but it sounds like a winner all round. :D
Rob X

Postby Onceler » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:20 am

Yeah, sometimes when present I feel very clear and quick or funny, but mostly I feel extremely natural with effortless focus on what I am doing. I don't second guess myself, wish I were doing something different or that reality be altered in any way. There is a natural flow that is immersive and with little room for a critical detached perspective from which to moan about things.

It actually happened when I wrote this.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby DavidB » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:00 am

No, I don't feel like a god lol. :lol:

Being present is, not minding what happens, as Jiddu Krishnamurti would say.

Truth is a pathless land -- Jiddu Krishnamurti
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Return to General Discussion