Distractions

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Distractions

Postby dijmart » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:03 am

Don't underestimate the pull of the mind. It will try to distract you with questions that at first seem in alignment with what you ARE, then can become almost an obsession trying to find an answer. Those type of spiritual questions that even if one gives an answer whose to say if it's correct anyways.

As if you can't bask in the presence of consciousness itself if you simply don't have that answer. Presence seems to me to have various intensities and in any type of confusion it lowers in intensity or so it seems... I feel off somewhat and instead of becoming more aware and present, I've been ignoring the pull to become still and searching for the answers to a few questions I've had, but like I said I don't even know if anyone has the answers anyways.

So, tonight, I've given up the search for those questions to be answered. Completely surrendered to not knowing..the presence I felt at that moment was as strong as I've ever felt/known it to be. I realize it's only the mind that really cares anyway and I'm not my mind.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Re: Distractions

Postby Rob X » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:07 pm

dijmart wrote:Don't underestimate the pull of the mind. It will try to distract you with questions that at first seem in alignment with what you ARE, then can become almost an obsession trying to find an answer. Those type of spiritual questions that even if one gives an answer whose to say if it's correct anyways.

As if you can't bask in the presence of consciousness itself if you simply don't have that answer. Presence seems to me to have various intensities and in any type of confusion it lowers in intensity or so it seems... I feel off somewhat and instead of becoming more aware and present, I've been ignoring the pull to become still and searching for the answers to a few questions I've had, but like I said I don't even know if anyone has the answers anyways.

So, tonight, I've given up the search for those questions to be answered. Completely surrendered to not knowing..the presence I felt at that moment was as strong as I've ever felt/known it to be. I realize it's only the mind that really cares anyway and I'm not my mind.

Good stuff Dij.

It can be useful to question - but only to a point. Questions give us conclusions, and THIS is not a conclusion. It seems that we are compelled to want to have a handle on reality but (as you say) this compulsion distracts us from the obvious - this ever-fresh, living presence in which the questions come and go.
Rob X

Re: Distractions

Postby dijmart » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:12 pm

Good stuff Dij.

:D

It can be useful to question - but only to a point. Questions give us conclusions, and THIS is not a conclusion. It seems that we are compelled to want to have a handle on reality but (as you say) this compulsion distracts us from the obvious - this ever-fresh, living presence in which the questions come and go.

Yes, I've had many questions along the way and have been mostly satisfied with the answers that have come, but some things just can't be known with any certainty. I have now chalked those questions up to "the great mystery" and with that, peace has returned.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Return to General Discussion