Can someone explain to me why...

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Can someone explain to me why...

Postby ghostrider » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:14 am

whenever I bring myself to Awareness right after I realize I am ruminating or anxious, that I can't observe the thoughts or feelings, because they disappear entirely? Why is that?
ghostrider

Re: Can someone explain to me why...

Postby kiki » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:22 am

When thoughts and emotions disappear what's left is awareness, alive and vibrant, yet sill and silent. Becoming present again once you notice you have been ruminating simply returns you to this natural state. This is what practices are all about.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby ghostrider » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:53 am

ty kiki
ghostrider

Postby epiphany55 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:34 pm

To me it's like the optical illusion of the two heads and the vase. Your attention can only be on one or the other at any one time. Your attention on pure awareness cannot coincide with your attention on the emotional or judgemental content of thought. As soon as you become fully aware of a thought, its emotional content vanishes.

Thought is the object, not the essence, of consciousness.
epiphany55

Postby ghostrider » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:42 pm

Thank you very much Epiphany. I just find it strange how Mr. Tolle asks us to observe our thoughts and emotions, but when I do it, it simply vanishes!
ghostrider

Postby the key master » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:18 pm

ghostrider wrote:Thank you very much Epiphany. I just find it strange how Mr. Tolle asks us to observe our thoughts and emotions, but when I do it, it simply vanishes!

The unobserved mind is what Tolle is talking about when he discusses unconsciousness. In this unobserved state the energy field of the human being accumulates rather than allows the expression of emotional energy, and the reason for this accumulation vary according to content, but not by structure. Dynamically, all ego's are built the same.

When you observe thought and it vanishes, this isn't something being done by the thinking mind, although the illusion that we are dissolving ego or becoming more conscious through something we are 'doing' as a separate field of consciousness or mind is apparent. Maybe less thought during meditation creates the illusion that you are thinking less, and as a mind, this may very well be true. You think when you want to and don't when you don't, which is a dynamic witnessed by something that is not your mind. That witnessing provides greater consciousness of how the mind functions, or, less functioning on an unconscious level in the personal experience.

This subtraction of performable dynamics by your mind alters the experience in value adding ways, otherwise greater consciousness would not be allowed by your mind in the first place. This is pure, binary, logic. Less pain body equals more joy and happiness. Less unconscious projection equals greater attractive force for desire, a subtraction of the tendency to repel. Loss of the split mind, particularly around so called addictions, or, loss of capability to split the mind in the wake of desire. The return of desires to the present moment, where law of attraction can work in alignment with whatever frequency you are emitting, thus easing your transition into future moments which the stream of consciousness is bringing to you.
the key master

Postby phantombaz » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:14 am

ghostrider wrote:whenever I bring myself to Awareness right after I realize I am ruminating or anxious, that I can't observe the thoughts or feelings, because they disappear entirely? Why is that?

how present are if you are focusing ruminating and being anxious?
phantombaz

Return to General Discussion