Roseburg

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Roseburg

Postby Gwynn Broome » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Just read this from Gary Zukav on the shooting at Umpqua college...he says and I agree, " Each unchallenged moment of judgement, jealousy, anger, superiority, inferiority, and lack of compassion fuels killing, fuels brutality, fuels suffering. To change these things, we must change ourselves. We are each ultimately responsible for the world. That is the message of love that comes to us from Roseburg." He and Eckhart have helped me see and understand life.
Gwynn Broome

Re: Roseburg

Postby dijmart » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:31 am

To change these things, we must change ourselves. We are each ultimately responsible for the world.

Ego's can make mild to moderate changes to its patterns when it feels its necessary for survival, but overall I do think that awakening to who you really are is the only way to end violence. When an ego feels life is a threatening, bad place it will either turn that inward, as in depression, suicidal ideation, ect or outward towards the world with violence, murder, ect.

So, to really end this cycle a deep understanding of who one really IS is necessary. Otherwise, the violence cycle with extreme unhappy egos just continues, whether that's inward or outward violence doesn't much matter to the ego.

When in the grip of ego, people know not what they do..to themselves and others...until it's too late usually and unfortunately.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Return to General Discussion