The I Ching

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

The I Ching

Postby EternalPrize » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:03 am

Has anyone ever consulted it? I started learning about it probably 5 years ago, and I consult it whenever I feel like my heart is truly asking a question. Not just a question in a moment, but a question defining a period or event in my life. Every time, the answer it gives me seems to be incredibly specific and on point. Today I asked it a question regarding an important point in my life. A period of a deepening into awareness, and the organic changes that follow with that, as one continues to develop within a deepened awareness. The answer it specifically gave me was very impressive, especially considering that unlike tarot the I Ching tends to be more specific and less able to be applied to any situation.

In fact, the I Ching seems like an extremely powerful thing, even if not taken to gain information about the future, which it isn't mean to be. The people who designed it many, many years ago clearly mapped out the general movements within human consciousness and how it moves and develops.

In any case, sorry for this boring post.
EternalPrize

Re: The I Ching

Postby Sighclone » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:43 pm

EP -

I used to consult the I Ching, many years ago, and was impressed with the readings. Now, I sit quietly and listen to my heart. Of course, every decision is always perfect. Even if it's "wrong."

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Return to General Discussion