Do You Believe Self-Absorbed/Centered People Have It Better?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Do You Believe Self-Absorbed/Centered People Have It Better?

Postby David92506 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:04 pm

It seems to me that there are so many self-absorbed and self-centered people these day. These people seem to have it better in life because they always do what they want to do. When in a relationship, or group, they always see the movie they want to see, they eat at the restaurant they want to eat at, life is always on their terms. If the group isn't going their way, they walk away. Or they just complain the whole time. The focus is always on them, one way or another.

In my last relationship, she was this way. I thought she was a very nice person and generous and kind in her own way. But she was selfish and she only did what she wanted to do. Once you got to know her, she was like a little baby always getting her way. She was assertive and she always let you know what she wanted. She got from life what she wanted, even it was at the expense of others. For example, we saw the movie she wanted to see but really didn't care if I wanted to see it or not. If things weren't going her way, she would walk away. She was happy in some parts of her life, not in other parts. But aren't most people this way?

But when you look at it from their point of view:
What's wrong with being assertive in life so that life is always on your terms?
Why spend $$$ to see a movie you don't want to see?
Why spend $$$ to eat at a restaurant you don't want to eat at?
Why be in a relationship if your needs are not being met?

Their needs are continually being met, even if it's at the expense of another person. If their needs are not being met - they walk away.

Another topic could be:
So we practice meditation and living a mindful lifestyle. We practice "letting go." So being with someone like this shouldn't be an issue. If anything, it helps us to practice "letting go."
David92506

Return to General Discussion