Happened out of nowhere, I was extremely present last night

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Happened out of nowhere, I was extremely present last night

Postby Nyseto » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:41 am

The last time I remember feeling like that was when I was 7. I can now describe it as just, "Innocence". When I say I was extremely present I am saying I was so present that I was the present moment itself. Now I finally understand what it means to be present. At first I thought that it was a state of mind or being there, but instead it is actually being the moment, right now. The walls surrounding me, the couches, the tv, the person near me...are all me. All I realized was that the things I really wanted are not what I truly wanted. What I've always wanted was to be this moment. It was just pure freedom, everything made sense. It was just a very profound feeling of sanity, grounding, all is well. In fact I wanted to move about, get engaged more...what was there to stop me? Absolutely nothing.

It's just so simple and obvious that that's the problem. It's TOO simple. At the end of the day, everything is fine. And if it isn't, the present moment will find you more than you find it. It's a sealed deal in your life. Don't even worry about a bunch of practices to help you be present. Life itself as I saw it how I used to see it as a kid is nothing but a celebration. All you need is a hint of honesty/realness/earnestness. Whatever you want to call it.
"There is no such thing as enlightenment. The appreciation of this fact is itself enlightenment." -Nisargadatta Maharaj
Nyseto

Re: Happened out of nowhere, I was extremely present last ni

Postby lmp » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:45 pm

thx for sharing, that sounds very peaceful. I've had my fair share of what you are describing. Very cleansing.
lmp

Return to General Discussion