Nature of dreams

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Nature of dreams

Postby dijmart » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:17 am

So, I was discussing in another thread how for 5 years or so, I've recalled only partial dreams maybe twice per year. Yeah, guess it sounds weird to others, but it became my norm. I thought I stopped dreaming and maybe I did? Dreams became non-existent to me and not part of my experience. So, the waking world is all I dealt with. However, as of about 8 days ago I'm having total recall of dreaming nightly...far out weird to me! I think the dream world is "real" only to find out in the morning it was not real at all. When you go 5 years with virtually no dreams it's like dealing with 2 waking worlds, when you're only use to dealing with one. Anyways, key master was discussing this with me and suggested a new thread, so here it is! As of late my mind has been more inwardly turned, perhaps thats the change, but also and I didn't mention this in the other thread but I've been working on binding vasanas, so maybe that's the cause?
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Re: Nature of dreams

Postby the key master » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:18 pm

dijmart wrote:So, I was discussing in another thread how for 5 years or so, I've recalled only partial dreams maybe twice per year. Yeah, guess it sounds weird to others, but it became my norm. I thought I stopped dreaming and maybe I did? Dreams became non-existent to me and not part of my experience. So, the waking world is all I dealt with. However, as of about 8 days ago I'm having total recall of dreaming nightly...far out weird to me! I think the dream world is "real" only to find out in the morning it was not real at all. When you go 5 years with virtually no dreams it's like dealing with 2 waking worlds, when you're only use to dealing with one. Anyways, key master was discussing this with me and suggested a new thread, so here it is! As of late my mind has been more inwardly turned, perhaps thats the change, but also and I didn't mention this in the other thread but I've been working on binding vasanas, so maybe that's the cause?

What we find is that the repressive function of the mind operates more permissively during sleep, such that if you are able to remain conscious while sleeping you may notice things within the contours of your mind that would not be possible during waking life. Working on binding vasanas is likely to stir up energy in the body, particularly if the conditions of experience are driving split mind processes around desire or more pointedly emotion.

When we are operating or thinking at lowered or more relaxed vibration, the fabric of thought seemingly vibrates more closely in alignment with actual perception, and it is clear to most dreamers that the texture of dreamscapes and dream interactions vary. The strength of an emotional bond, the ability to share dreams and desires, the potential to become emotionally entangled with positive and negative energy during waking life, and the residue of a collective mind or consciousness (or maybe unconsciousness might point closer) are all variables which can play causal role to our night time fantasy, or realities.

What I find is thinking in waking and dreaming is patterned according to the same frequency principles. There is a line between predicting what might happen and controlling what will (line of suffering), and this line is drawn from past experience and projected into the future according to those very principles.

At the end of the day, whether you focus attention on dreams and in what fashion is a choice of the dreamer. IF the focus is on binding vasanas, use of metaphors or parallel logic may bring deeper meaning and growth. If the focus is on alien death ray machines beaming information into your brain from Mars while you sleep, a trip to the local psychiatric ward may be in the cards. My guess is some could benefit spiritually through focusing more attention on what is going on in the sleep state, while others may find themselves inhibited through over analysis or a need to dream to be who they are. Either way, I always say, never stop dreaming.
the key master

Postby dijmart » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:46 pm

Thanks Key, well last night was a doozy! I along with 4 others were being held captive. I can't remember the reason, but it wasn't money. They simply liked having control over us or so it seemed. Various escapes were tried to no eval and I was punished with each, however at the end of that dream I was free, the captors just left and we walked out. If I were to analyse this I would say it's regarding the work I'm doing with the binding vasanas and how they have me in their grip, but in the end they will be overcome.

I will definately be looking into my dreams more closely after last nights.
dijmart

Postby the key master » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:23 am

dijmart wrote:Thanks Key, well last night was a doozy! I along with 4 others were being held captive. I can't remember the reason, but it wasn't money. They simply liked having control over us or so it seemed. Various escapes were tried to no eval and I was punished with each, however at the end of that dream I was free, the captors just left and we walked out. If I were to analyse this I would say it's regarding the work I'm doing with the binding vasanas and how they have me in their grip, but in the end they will be overcome.

I will definately be looking into my dreams more closely after last nights.

Interesting about the dream! Freud says all dreams are sexual, although I tend to layer onto that and say that the repression of human sexuality causes a block in libido or life force which in turn often yearns for expression in dreams. Jung says that dreams are (or can be) a compensation for conscious attitude, meaning your conscious attitude may be that you are or have control over your vasanna's, while your dreams may be indicating that on a sub conscious level just the opposite sometimes take place. Jung also strayed from Freudian thinking during his latter years although by all accounts had a full blown schizophrenic episode while combing through the inner cavities of his thought processes. I think working with binding vasanas is a good thing if that's what you're looking at, but that setting yourself up as one mind that needs to battle another is a mission doomed to fail. Working away from identification rather than enforcing it.

What I notice is that when we self seek through vasannas or desires we emotionally charge a future image of self with energy and innately feel a yearning (often unconsciously) to seek out this sense of self in order to be whole. The energy, obviously, isn't in the future waiting for you to find it, but is often wired vibrationally into pockets or compartments in the energy field along lines drawn by linear thinking and feeling, ie, your world experience. In this sense removing oneself from the grips of binding vasanas can just be a reverse compartmentalization job. More deeply understanding point of origin in the realm of split mind thinking on the collective level remains an interest of mind, as well as exploring the caveats of what Jung termed the collective unconscious, and how that concept fits into the equation of synchronicity, or, the illusion of experiencing oneness as a separate person.
the key master

Postby dijmart » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:02 am

Interesting about the dream! Freud says all dreams are sexual, although I tend to layer onto that and say that the repression of human sexuality causes a block in libido or life force which in turn often yearns for expression in dreams.

This dream didn't have any sex involved. Tied up, controlled, beaten, yup, but no sexual stuff.

Jung says that dreams are (or can be) a compensation for conscious attitude, meaning your conscious attitude may be that you are or have control over your vasanna's, while your dreams may be indicating that on a sub conscious level just the opposite sometimes take place

Good insight. One of the things is im stopping smoking and been wearing a patch, but still have cravings here and there. Yesterday I cheated for the first time in a week and so that may have prompted the dream.

Oh I just remembered a piece of a dream from a week ago. For some reason in the dream I had to look into a mirror and I looked like someone else. I remember in the morning how strange that was. Oh well..

Thanks for the replies.
dijmart

Postby the key master » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:35 am

dij said,
This dream didn't have any sex involved. Tied up, controlled, beaten, yup, but no sexual stuff.

You could be looking at a component of the collective female pain body. Let's not forget it wasn't long ago the common law allowed the rule of thumb, where husbands were allowed by law to beat their wives with a stick no wider than their thumb. Further back in time things likely get worse before at some point getting better, meaning the idea of being stigmatized for something like rape would not be possible prior to the birth of morality. I'm not saying rape is good, obviously, but that the pressure we put on victims through collective stigmatization often degrades the individual as much as trauma from certain experiences. What we see is an empathic evolution of the human creature as the universe is becoming more conscious itself, not the withdrawal of morality or ethics, but the expansion of human potential through spontaneous leaps in consciousness. Morality causes the split mind, but the healing of the split mind gives the idea a new, relative, ever changing meaning.

Differentiating between your mind and a collective mind can lead to a further delineation of an individual and collective unconscious, along with a deeper integration of the human soul with the universal field of energy. Really groovy stuff.

Good insight. One of the things is im stopping smoking and been wearing a patch, but still have cravings here and there. Yesterday I cheated for the first time in a week and so that may have prompted the dream.

Often times the meaning of dreams change with time or from the angle you view them through. The obsessed psychiatrists may tell a patient that tracing the cause and meaning of dreams is essential to integrating the personality complex with healthy living, but I find that understanding and being conscious of how the mind functions opens the door to infinite interpretations that rarely fall into a static, hit the nail on the head, this is what that means now I can get on with my life line of thinking. I enjoy Freuds lay out with regard to the super ego but also find that when folks like Maslow make a pyramid and tell you this is what you need to be at peace because this is what 99% of the people at peace have, we often fail to recognize how unconscious the society where those people are, is.

Nevertheless, yes, quitting smoking, such a ripe playing ground for split mind mechanics. Enigma who used to post on here wrote some really good articles on addiction and split mind that can be found over at www.realizinghappiness.com I think.

Oh I just remembered a piece of a dream from a week ago. For some reason in the dream I had to look into a mirror and I looked like someone else. I remember in the morning how strange that was. Oh well..

Thanks for the replies.

That actually happened to me in waking life one time but I'll leave that for another day haha. Interesting no less and thanks for sharing Dij.
the key master

Postby dijmart » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:13 am

Again thanks for your comments!

Nevertheless, yes, quitting smoking, such a ripe playing ground for split mind mechanics. Enigma who used to post on here wrote some really good articles on addiction and split mind that can be found over at www.realizinghappiness.com I think.

Thanks for the link, I've read 2 articles on habits, which I think you were referring to and it's definately given me something to think about. I think it will be very helpful and need some time to investigate, because the mind is split. I love smoking, but need/want to quit for many, many reasons, so this needs more clarity on my part.
dijmart

Postby alex » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:13 am

Interesting about the dream! Freud says all dreams are sexual

Really?? You're quoting Freud?! That guy was simply obsessed with sex. Hasn't struck the truth chord with me anyway..
alex

Postby the key master » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:43 pm

dijmart wrote:Again thanks for your comments!

Nevertheless, yes, quitting smoking, such a ripe playing ground for split mind mechanics. Enigma who used to post on here wrote some really good articles on addiction and split mind that can be found over at http://www.realizinghappiness.com I think.

Thanks for the link, I've read 2 articles on habits, which I think you were referring to and it's definately given me something to think about. I think it will be very helpful and need some time to investigate, because the mind is split. I love smoking, but need/want to quit for many, many reasons, so this needs more clarity on my part.

My suggestion is that if and when the perceived harm of smoking outweigh the short term benefits, you'll quit spontaneously and without effort. Might some energy take place prior to that happening? Sure. Might quitting never happen? Maybe. Whether you get to a point where the short term benefits are outweighed by potential harm isn't actually a choice of your mind. If it was, you would have already quit and the split mind games would not be happening.
the key master

Postby the key master » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:56 pm

alex wrote:

Interesting about the dream! Freud says all dreams are sexual

Really?? You're quoting Freud?! That guy was simply obsessed with sex. Hasn't struck the truth chord with me anyway..

Hey Alex,

My full quote was,

Freud says all dreams are sexual, although I tend to layer onto that and say that the repression of human sexuality causes a block in libido or life force which in turn often yearns for expression in dreams.

So I was saying not all dreams are necessarily sexual, but that repression of sexual energy can be a causal force for dream imagery. Thanks for giving me the space to clarify.
the key master

Postby dijmart » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:51 pm

the key master wrote:
dijmart wrote:Again thanks for your comments!

Nevertheless, yes, quitting smoking, such a ripe playing ground for split mind mechanics. Enigma who used to post on here wrote some really good articles on addiction and split mind that can be found over at http://www.realizinghappiness.com I think.

My suggestion is that if and when the perceived harm of smoking outweigh the short term benefits, you'll quit spontaneously and without effort. Might some energy take place prior to that happening? Sure. Might quitting never happen? Maybe. Whether you get to a point where the short term benefits are outweighed by potential harm isn't actually a choice of your mind. If it was, you would have already quit and the split mind games would not be happening.

I've been playing games with this for a long, long time. I went from regular smoking to using electronic cigs about three years ago, but would smoke 1 regular cig a day and occasionally other times..So, the "mind" didn't think that was all that unhealthy. Then, if possible, was actually more addicted to the ecig, as I always was puffing on that thing. I have many pics with that device in my hand! I would have panic if my batteries were low or other machanical disfunction happened. God forbid if my e-juice flavor was on back order :cry: .. :lol: Few weeks ago, I had to stop using the ecigs and go back to regular just to get out of the habit of having something in my mouth and inhaling constantly, now went to the patch (but cheated Saturday). I do now understand the split mind thing and know that once I actually make a decision, stop playing games and sabbotaging myself maybe I'll be able to quit for good.

Thanks for your help, awhile back when you would mention the split mind thang, I never really understood what that meant. After reading Enigma's article I get it! :)
dijmart

Postby the key master » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:02 pm

I'm pretty sure Enig is actually a smoker, so I hope I don't rain on the I'm gonna quit smoking thing. Even the I'm gonna stop splitting my mind mentality is a failure to be conscious that you literally, actually, are not your mind.
the key master

Postby dijmart » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:09 am

Even the I'm gonna stop splitting my mind mentality is a failure to be conscious that you literally, actually, are not your mind.

I got that, i am awareness, but apparent decisions seem to need to be made regardless. Perhaps some unconscious pockets in the mind need to burst. Thanks for assisting the popping process. :mrgreen:
dijmart

Postby the key master » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:49 am

dijmart wrote:
Even the I'm gonna stop splitting my mind mentality is a failure to be conscious that you literally, actually, are not your mind.

I got that, i am awareness, but apparent decisions seem to need to be made regardless. Perhaps some unconscious pockets in the mind need to burst. Thanks for assisting the popping process. :mrgreen:

Yes, you don't need to become a better or healthier person to be free of the person, clearly. Awareness is already free.

It's not like awareness is separate from the individual, or that there's really a mind or person in awareness working on self improvement. The person, or individuation, is awareness itself, individualized consciousness expressing higher intelligence in personalized form. I don't mean to detract attention away from getting healthy and all that, I'm just saying if you don't think quitting smoking will make life better, you aren't going to quit. The issue, then, comes down to self honesty and desire for control where you may not have it. Pretending you have control over what you do not, clearly, can't be the solution.
the key master

Postby dijmart » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:53 am

My point was, if you're doing anything, because you can't stop, then you're being controlled by it...that's not freedom. I don't want to be controlled by smoking, food or anything else...that's what was meant by binding vasanas. They agitate the mind needlessly.
dijmart

Next

Return to General Discussion