feeling the Ego

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

feeling the Ego

Postby phantombaz » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:56 am

Hello,
i've written this to find help and understand, i'm a very present person, i read a new earth about a year or two ago, and i re-read it often. when i was reading it, it became very apparent what i was suffering from, how the mind (ego) tricks you etc, it was as if my life had been written out in this book (or at least the way the ego feeds).
I had accepted many things in my life through in my mid-late teens i.e my past, and how the situation was, and to just wait and see whats will happen. After reading a new earth i then understand the why's.

I feel when the ego comes and i am able to allow to be, not allowing it to take me and im present . But yet even when i am present i can still feel the ego, as if a veil still lingering, i feel as if it stopping me from seeing the light, opening my consciousness.
phantombaz

Re: feeling the Ego

Postby the key master » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:08 am

phantombaz wrote:Hello,
i've written this to find help and understand, i'm a very present person, i read a new earth about a year or two ago, and i re-read it often. when i was reading it, it became very apparent what i was suffering from, how the mind (ego) tricks you etc, it was as if my life had been written out in this book (or at least the way the ego feeds).
I had accepted many things in my life through in my mid-late teens i.e my past, and how the situation was, and to just wait and see whats will happen. After reading a new earth i then understand the why's.

I feel when the ego comes and i am able to allow to be, not allowing it to take me and im present . But yet even when i am present i can still feel the ego, as if a veil still lingering, i feel as if it stopping me from seeing the light, opening my consciousness.

Right, the ego can't take what notices the ego because what would it take and where would it go? WHen the ego is noticed, identification with the ego is noticed along with it. Meaning, the ego thinks it needs to do something to stop lingering, but this thinking is the very lingering which is noticed. Then the ego imagines it needs to do something to not allow its own thinking to take itself hostage, which is not a logical premise.
the key master

Postby phantombaz » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:41 am

the key master wrote:
phantombaz wrote:Hello,

Right, the ego can't take what notices the ego because what would it take and where would it go? WHen the ego is noticed, identification with the ego is noticed along with it. Meaning, the ego thinks it needs to do something to stop lingering, but this thinking is the very lingering which is noticed. Then the ego imagines it needs to do something to not allow its own thinking to take itself hostage, which is not a logical premise.

so what is it that im noticing, if not the ego? If the ego dissolve once its been notice, why do i feel the presents of it lingering, i felt down yesterday for no reason at all, i literally could not find any reason for this, apart from the egos need to feed of negative energy, later in the day i was looking out of the Sky Train window and i suddenly realized that it was gone.
Yet i still feel it within me.
phantombaz

Postby the key master » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:49 am

phantom said,
so what is it that im noticing, if not the ego? If the ego dissolve once its been notice, why do i feel the presents of it lingering, i felt down yesterday for no reason at all, i literally could not find any reason for this, apart from the egos need to feed of negative energy, later in the day i was looking out of the Sky Train window and i suddenly realized that it was gone.

I didn't mean to imply that the ego is not what's noticed, but for purposes of clarification, let's say resistance can be noticed, which can lead to the expression of the resisted energy, which can lead to the experience of no resistance. If noticing resistance is leading to an intensification of resistance, not only will the resisted energy not express itself, it would linger.
the key master

Postby phantombaz » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:26 pm

the key master wrote:phantom said,

I didn't mean to imply that the ego is not what's noticed, but for purposes of clarification, let's say resistance can be noticed, which can lead to the expression of the resisted energy, which can lead to the experience of no resistance. If noticing resistance is leading to an intensification of resistance, not only will the resisted energy not express itself, it would linger.

so what is stopping me? what is it that is making this energy, i mean i see the pointless of past pains, thinking about the past etc, i see there is no point in worrying about the future. Could it be then, that my ego is making negative energy from not being fully awoken/enlightened and it creating a negative "why?" Instead of just allowing it to be.
Its not frustrating or up-setting... actually feeling the negative energy dose make it fade, however, i feel like im in a close fist.
the way eckheat tolle describes it, seeing the light, the openness and the space.. etc makes me know i'm not there. Yet, everything i read in a new earth, just seems so crystal clear.
phantombaz

Postby the key master » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:50 pm

baz said,
so what is stopping me? what is it that is making this energy, i mean i see the pointless of past pains, thinking about the past etc, i see there is no point in worrying about the future. Could it be then, that my ego is making negative energy from not being fully awoken/enlightened and it creating a negative "why?" Instead of just allowing it to be.

I wouldn't say that the ego is making negative energy, but that what we think of as negative energy forms an intricate part of the make up of the very ego that wants to get rid of it. This leads to the mind playing a game where it wants to get rid of itself, which is a game doomed to fail because searching for one's own absence implies one's presence.

On the other hand, the negative energy sounds like a form of resistance which can be noticed. The idea that an awoken human should not feel negative energy, and that I should be an awoken human, is the logic you are using. Noticing that it isn't logical is an option, which can lead to the absence of the mind game, which in turn, can lead to the natural expression of that negativity.

Its not frustrating or up-setting... actually feeling the negative energy dose make it fade, however, i feel like im in a close fist.
the way eckheat tolle describes it, seeing the light, the openness and the space.. etc makes me know i'm not there. Yet, everything i read in a new earth, just seems so crystal clear.

Clearly you don't know you are not there because you're here on this forum trying to figure out how to get rid of the self that knows it isn't there. There seems to be a degree of denial, in that you're indicating here that you are not frustrated or upset, but it would simultaneously seem that some degree of discontent with your current energy flux is leading you to this forum. Most things in A New Earth are crystal clear, but this doesn't mean that a degree of spiritual work might not be required prior to experiencing or shifting into that clarity on a more permanent basis.
the key master

Return to General Discussion