What do we want?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Re: What do we want?

Postby dijmart » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:42 am

the key master wrote:
Well, consciousness identifies with conditioned consciousness appearing as an apparent person. The apparent person is apparent to something which is not a person, and what that is, IS the self that identifies with the body. Transcendence is not an integration, but an unraveling of the self that would yearn for integration. OTOH, integrating what isn't conscious locally can seem like an integration. I'm just saying it isn't actually an integration.


Anyone who wants the direct path to seeing your true nature should read and reread this over and over until they understand every word. Of course, if youre not ready this will seem like gibberish, but this paragraph is a gold nugget. However, instead of "unraveling" I would be more specific and say "removing ignorance" of current beliefs.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: What do we want?

Postby the key master » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:51 am

dijmart wrote:
the key master wrote:
Well, consciousness identifies with conditioned consciousness appearing as an apparent person. The apparent person is apparent to something which is not a person, and what that is, IS the self that identifies with the body. Transcendence is not an integration, but an unraveling of the self that would yearn for integration. OTOH, integrating what isn't conscious locally can seem like an integration. I'm just saying it isn't actually an integration.


Anyone who wants the direct path to seeing your true nature should read and reread this over and over until they understand every word. Of course, if youre not ready this will seem like gibberish, but this paragraph is a gold nugget. However, instead of "unraveling" I would be more specific and say "removing ignorance" of current beliefs.


Yea or just removing the beliefs. Life will be just fine without them.
the key master
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Re: What do we want?

Postby the key master » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:53 am

ZCG said,
Awareness simply is. It does not "do" anything. Part of consciousness (in her terminology), however, is "paying attention." We all know we can pay attention to this or to that--although many would chatter and disagree as to whether we have a choice in what we attend to. We can (or can not) pay attention to awareness, i.e., be conscious of awareness. Often we ignore awareness and get carried away on pettier thoughts about yesterday and tomorrow. Consciousness (paying attention) varies. Awareness simply "is."


You cannot ignore what you are. You can, however, imagine you are something else that can ignore what it actually is. This is what I mean by faulty logic.
Last edited by the key master on Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
the key master
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Re: What do we want?

Postby the key master » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:00 am

Mystic said,
Your true Self is your whole Self. The unraveling of the little self is an integration into the whole. The deepest fear is the fear of the ego being absorbed into the pure light of oneness and the ego is afraid of becoming nothingness. I like this quote from the gospel of Thomas:



If the true Self is the whole Self, there cannot be a little self because then your true Self would not be a whole Self. I don't use integration of the separate self to describe realization because there is no separate self, which is what realization is.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html


(4) Jesus said, "The man old in days will not hesitate to ask a small child seven days old about the place of life, and he will live. For many who are first will become last, and they will become one and the same."


The man old in days is the ego who thinks it is first - shall become humble and become last ...and the newly born(awakened) Christ mind of 7 days old which is last, shall become first and they shall be one and the same.


You don't have to become one and the same. You don't even have to become more conscious. You just have to stop imagining things which aren't true. The child and the old man were never separate.
the key master
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Re: What do we want?

Postby Mystic » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:25 am

the key master wrote:You don't have to become one and the same. You don't even have to become more conscious. You just have to stop imagining things which aren't true. The child and the old man were never separate.


This is something you must realize on a deeper level than just the intellect.
User avatar
Mystic
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:29 am

Re: What do we want?

Postby the key master » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:08 am

Mystic wrote:
the key master wrote:You don't have to become one and the same. You don't even have to become more conscious. You just have to stop imagining things which aren't true. The child and the old man were never separate.


This is something you must realize on a deeper level than just the intellect.


Right, that's what I be saying.
the key master
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest