Sychronicity

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Sychronicity

Postby EternalPrize » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:00 am

I may have posted about this before. While listening to awakening videos over the years, I have sometimes run across people who mention "signs" from the universe. I think even Jed McKenna does, and he's about as blunt as they get. Some of them cite examples, such as a woman who kept trying to get pregnant (unsuccessfully) coming home and finding a dead fetal bird on her doorstep after a particularly devastating unsuccessful attempt. It could just be coincidence.

I went through a tough breakup after a life-changing relationship. It's been about a year now. My ex and I had stayed in touch, but a few weeks ago I finally realized our limited relationship hurt me more than it helped me, and that I was ready to get over it and find who I am apart from her. This stage existed in a sort of middle-ground until today, when I saw she left me a voicemail. I decided not to listen to it, and that I was committed to finding myself apart from it.

The day we moved in together, when I was helping her move, I bought a Starbucks coffee cup. I cherished it as a memory of our love and used it carefully. Well, today, after getting home, I realized one of the cats had knocked it off the table and broken it. I have to say - I'm sort of taking it as a sign to move forward apart from it.
EternalPrize

Re: Sychronicity

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:35 am

The way I see reality's set up is that everything is just experience with no inherent meaning until we give it meaning with our beliefs....for the most part.

Yet, with that said, there are spirit guides that for sure are guiding us and trying to get our attention to keep us guided on the path that is right for us in this current incarnation. If we consider that we come into this life with a pre-birth intention, then it will only make sense that our guides are trying to steer us on the right path as they so agreed with us prior to incarnating here as part of a contract.

From my own experience, don't read into everything, as it can lead to narcissism, where we think every little thing is pointing to us as though we are the center of the universe, when in reality, we are just co-creators, but use your body to determine what feels like intuition and what does not.

I've had an insane amount of synchronicity in my life of late that I could write a novel on, but I won't. But, it does exist for sure, just not in the ways that we often believe.

Perhaps this is a very loving sign that it's time to move on as perhaps you are/were still holding on to emotions surrounding the relationship or merely an act of gravity. What do you think is all that matters?
Enlightened2B

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:09 am

Well, today, after getting home, I realized one of the cats had knocked it off the table and broken it. I have to say - I'm sort of taking it as a sign to move forward apart from it.

It's as much about the notion that you already had decided that and likely already were 'apart from it'.. in terms of ...how upset did you feel? was it a different intensity and array of emotions than you would have had if it had broken early in the relationship, or part way through?

... synchronicity can teach us a lot about where we already are regardless of any future movement or past for that matter. It tells us we are right here, right now, and it is what it is, and that's okay too.

There is no where to go, because we're already (& always) wherever we are.
So really what you're saying, is ... it is what it is, and that's okay too. (the relationship, the cup, they've had their time)

Which is more letting go of trying to resist what is, manipulate it, or interact with it under illusions.

How were you with the cat? :wink:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby the key master » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:00 pm

EternalPrize wrote:I may have posted about this before. While listening to awakening videos over the years, I have sometimes run across people who mention "signs" from the universe. I think even Jed McKenna does, and he's about as blunt as they get. Some of them cite examples, such as a woman who kept trying to get pregnant (unsuccessfully) coming home and finding a dead fetal bird on her doorstep after a particularly devastating unsuccessful attempt. It could just be coincidence.

Welp, what are we really saying with the idea of a sign from the universe in the context of awakening? That you are separate from the universe and it can give you signs or sumthing, right? And these signs are supposed to help you realize you aren't separate? Not logical, and not likely to happen either. In fact, more often that not the exploration into a synchronistic experience (how and why it happens) is more about re-enforcing illusion than seeing through it. If you want to talk about a law of attraction context, dream sequencing, precognitive witnessing/creation, source energy connection, or the laws of self reflective telemetry, I can engage.

While all these contexts can be related to awakening in various fashions (it's all the same), I don't see synchronicity as a cause to awakening. I don't see anything that happens in the dream of separation playing causal force to waking up from that dream. My point is that you aren't separate in the first place, and don't need a trail of bread crumbs to realize the idea that you are separate isn't true.
the key master

Postby the key master » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:16 pm

Enlightened2B wrote:The way I see reality's set up is that everything is just experience with no inherent meaning until we give it meaning with our beliefs....for the most part.

Yet, with that said, there are spirit guides that for sure are guiding us and trying to get our attention to keep us guided on the path that is right for us in this current incarnation. If we consider that we come into this life with a pre-birth intention, then it will only make sense that our guides are trying to steer us on the right path as they so agreed with us prior to incarnating here as part of a contract.

I'm not sure what you mean by pre-birth intention. If you mean something like the idea of predestination (prevalent in Christianity to explain why some folks are born along spiritual paths not in alignment with biblical logic/philosophy), I can see how we can incorporate the idea of a universal intention within the context of being human. As far as spirit guides go, I also see how the emotional carry over from peeps who died a really long time ago might influence your behavior as it's unfolding. This is where I use the idea of a DNA footprint, to bring the idea of a soul and spirit complex together under the same umbrella, and de-mystify why someone might see a vision of Ramana Maharshi at the foot of their bed and things like this.

In this broader context the idea of a 'right' or 'wrong' loses significance. It's the path of least resistance which unfolds, and alignment with that path which can bring an absence of identification or lead to a one way street into a blazing inferno. Nevertheless, one universal theme I recently took note of in my 8th Grade Literature class is the idea that good always triumphs evil in the end. Human empathy would be the reason for that.

Smiiley said,
How were you with the cat? :wink:

No more Cat Nip for Whiskers. He's liable to build a Feline space time continuum traversing machine and start a dominant race of cats with laser beams on their heads waiting for us in the year 3000 only to inform us they've already taken over the world :shock:
the key master

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:58 pm

the key master wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by pre-birth intention. If you mean something like the idea of predestination (prevalent in Christianity to explain why some folks are born along spiritual paths not in alignment with biblical logic/philosophy), I can see how we can incorporate the idea of a universal intention within the context of being human. As far as spirit guides go, I also see how the emotional carry over from peeps who died a really long time ago might influence your behavior as it's unfolding. This is where I use the idea of a DNA footprint, to bring the idea of a soul and spirit complex together under the same umbrella, and de-mystify why someone might see a vision of Ramana Maharshi at the foot of their bed and things like this.

Pre-birth (a misnomer as there is no true time) contracts/plans/themes are an interesting area, granted, not necessarily in relation to self realization, but none the less of value. They've been documented in countless non physical reports including near death experiences, life between life regression cases, out of body experiences, channeling, mediums, and intuitive knowings, etc.

Robert Schwartz-"Your Soul's Plan" has a lot of information on this. No religion or philosophy here. Basically pre-birth contracts are themes we choose to explore with the help of guides, for a given life ("pre"-birth), and how those themes play out, is entirely up to us. Spirit guides are all included within this as they are the ones who help us blue print our upcoming life and assist us here on Earth and no, they're not from dead people and more often than not, have never even incarnated into human life.

I won't go further into it as to not derail the topic at hand.
Enlightened2B

Postby the key master » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:13 pm

Enlightened2B wrote:
the key master wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by pre-birth intention. If you mean something like the idea of predestination (prevalent in Christianity to explain why some folks are born along spiritual paths not in alignment with biblical logic/philosophy), I can see how we can incorporate the idea of a universal intention within the context of being human. As far as spirit guides go, I also see how the emotional carry over from peeps who died a really long time ago might influence your behavior as it's unfolding. This is where I use the idea of a DNA footprint, to bring the idea of a soul and spirit complex together under the same umbrella, and de-mystify why someone might see a vision of Ramana Maharshi at the foot of their bed and things like this.

Pre-birth (a misnomer as there is no true time) contracts/plans/themes are an interesting area, granted, not necessarily in relation to self realization, but none the less of value. They've been documented in countless non physical reports including near death experiences, life between life regression cases, out of body experiences, channeling, mediums, and intuitive knowings, etc.

Ok.

Robert Schwartz-"Your Soul's Plan" has a lot of information on this. No religion or philosophy here. Basically pre-birth contracts are themes we choose to explore with the help of guides, for a given life ("pre"-birth), and how those themes play out, is entirely up to us.

Schwartz thinks he's choosing his thoughts and feelings?

Spirit guides are all included within this as they are the ones who help us blue print our upcoming life and assist us here on Earth and no, they're not from dead people and more often than not, have never even incarnated into human life.

I won't go further into it as to not derail the topic at hand.

Well I'm all for derailing a thread. I've encountered other worldly energy during travels which I consider to be projections of the life force into other planes of existence. I find these other planes of existence to be animated by the same life force which animates the soul or spirit body in these planes, not to mention the leaves on the tree in the backyard. I see no evidence that separate people are choosing their thoughts, feelings, or experience. I find the idea of a soul contract is backward looking, something we imagine to explain something else which has or has not happened. I also find that contracts are made to be broken, and that so called guides can just as easily be over cloaking spirits that don't have your personal best intentions in mind, and that higher sphere spirits (helicopter parents), perhaps incarnate, perhaps not, can rescue the soul from degradation when the sinister nature of the hypnotist or higher dimension spirit's are exposed to be out of alignment with one's best interest.

How can you tell the difference between a spirit guide and an over cloaking spirit that is sucking the life out of you because of a desire to be controlled, manipulated, in exchange for being guarded? I think this type of discussion would perhaps benefit many of the peeps on this forum, and not in the context of waking up, but the context of aligning with desire in a more conscious way.
the key master

Postby Enlightened2B » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:59 am

I'll give you my view based on my own experiences and the research I've done over the past year and a half.

The way I see it, granted there are "lower level" entities (entities of a lower vibration within the astral)....there is no such thing as evil or entities trying to suck your life. I had a couple of OBE's...very small ones....flew around my apartment.....and have lucid dreamt for years unbeknownst to me at first. I always end up flying. I've had perceived evil entities at the foot of my bed that scared the living shit out of me many many times, when I was stuck in sleep paralysis (which is the beginning of OBE). They're not real. They're projections of our mind...manifestations built on fear. That's where the true mirroring aspect of reality really shows....in the non physical and when you're in between lucid dreaming and physical reality, a lot more becomes apparent.

Spirit Guides operate on an intuitive/feeling level with the higher self as well. That's what intuition is. There's nothing mystical here. It's simply intuition. It's insight from the HS and your guides. Many of us are so out of touch with that sense (intuition) that we disregard it. It's the spirit guides and the HS that are always in touch, never out of contact with our experience here.

The notion of "separate people/self" becomes mis understood and is not black and white.

There is no separate person in the way we think. Meaning, the self (small s) we believe ourselves to be through belief and thought that is competing with other selves in a world of scary competition..... is ultimately....not real, but yet seems VERY real when we're stuck there. That's Eckhart Tolle 101. Yet, everything is real from a given perspective.

However, when you leave the physical, you don't just merge into a blob of nothingness. Each of us, while not separate is a unique, aspect of Source. There is a unique ME and a unique YOU....individual, but not separate and uniqueness completely dependent on vibration....each of us individually has our own set of goals that we choose to accomplish in spirit or by incarnating. It's entirely a matter of choice. Yet, we are ultimately from a given perspective, the same One. Even vibration signature or what appears to be uniqueness from a given perspective is not real either. But, will still be experienced by every one of us at death.

When we talk about awakening, we are awaking from the dream of a separate me, yet we still don't have any access to universal knowledge, so awakening is only a grain of sand on an infinite beach of grasping the whole picture. But.....we still have uniqueness to each of us after we awakened, which is far more than just the physical body, and are not solely based on our human personalities. This is an intended aspect of creation that is very hard for us to fathom here with our limited human minds.

So, it's not about choosing thoughts or feelings. Feelings again are a result of higher intuition. Thoughts stem from countless areas including conditioning beliefs. However, thoughts can also stem from the HS and our guides in line with intuition. Nor is this a theory created by Robert Schwartz. He's a regression therapist. This is based on millions of case studies from regression therapists including Michael Newton, Dolores Cannon, Brian Weiss, Robert Schwartz and countless others. Not to mention the millions of NDE's.

Soul contracts were not meant as things to be "set in stone", but merely as blue prints to explore a theme in a given life and that's exactly where free will comes in. There is no forced life plan. You simply blue print an aspect or theme of life that you would like to explore. You build contracts with other members of your soul group and you incarnate together. That's it. The reason it seems that there is no free will is because most of us simply do not understand the unique (but not separate) individuality of our eternal vibrational signatures that live on in spirit.

That's all I got for now. Again, just my take and there's always more clarity to my perspective the more I am able to let go and surrender to.
Enlightened2B

Postby EternalPrize » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:41 am

Whoa, I will have to come back to this when I have time.

Keymaster/Jason - nice to see you around again. I'm not specifically referring to the context of awakening. I don't think it's the way the videos meant it either. Discussion of awakening in those videos just sidetracked into something else. I'm still on my awakening path. It's going slowly as personal/egoic development that was stunted as a child is taking place at the same time where it's kind of being seen through.

I was asking the question more in the context of how the universe works. I understood before I even got into awakening that there was no self, and that all entities were an expression of the one. Of course, this was largely intellectual. In any case, there is the materialist school of thought which says that some dense matter went boom and created everything, which is sort of a mechanical unfolding of cause and effect like a machine. This school of thought would say that such a synchronicity is a coincidence within this material unfolding.

I do not "believe" but my intuition makes me feel as if this universe and consciousness are bound together in something which may be beyond intellectual understanding, but which may be considered sort of magical compared to materialist thought. This would include internal/external states mirroring each other, or something. If that is the way it works, I don't think we can abstract a conceptual understanding of it's mechanics through our minds, which use concepts based off sense experiences and fit everything into analogies. But I don't actually mean any of the preceding sentences, it's just me working through my thoughts, which are in my organism, but which are just thoughts. But I'm totally rambling.

I am going to a meditation group tonight. This particular group has really helped me deepen into awareness. I've come a long, long way since we last talked... it's amazing with all the progress that I still haven't mustered up the courage to take the plunge into the vast silence, recognizing it as myself.

If you do have anything to say about the things you listed, I'd be interested.
EternalPrize

Postby the key master » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:57 am

Enlightened2B wrote:I'll give you my view based on my own experiences and the research I've done over the past year and a half.

The way I see it, granted there are "lower level" entities (entities of a lower vibration within the astral)....there is no such thing as evil or entities trying to suck your life. I had a couple of OBE's...very small ones....flew around my apartment.....and have lucid dreamt for years unbeknownst to me at first. I always end up flying. I've had perceived evil entities at the foot of my bed that scared the living shit out of me many many times, when I was stuck in sleep paralysis (which is the beginning of OBE). They're not real. They're projections of our mind...manifestations built on fear. That's where the true mirroring aspect of reality really shows....in the non physical and when you're in between lucid dreaming and physical reality, a lot more becomes apparent.

Well I wasn't talking about actual vampires E2B haha. I just meant people or spirits who want to exploit you (degrade your soul) for personal gain. This isn't done consciously which is why I mostly just talk about becoming conscious. If you can see beyond your own identification, you don't need to worry about your identity being attacked.

Spirit Guides operate on an intuitive/feeling level with the higher self as well. That's what intuition is. There's nothing mystical here. It's simply intuition. It's insight from the HS and your guides. Many of us are so out of touch with that sense (intuition) that we disregard it. It's the spirit guides and the HS that are always in touch, never out of contact with our experience here.

Your guides are always in touch with what? Can you tell me what you mean by higher self and lower self? I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

The notion of "separate people/self" becomes mis understood and is not black and white.

There is no separate person in the way we think. Meaning, the self (small s) we believe ourselves to be through belief and thought that is competing with other selves in a world of scary competition..... is ultimately....not real, but yet seems VERY real when we're stuck there. That's Eckhart Tolle 101. Yet, everything is real from a given perspective.

How is everything real from a given perspective? If you imagine there is a hippo in your pool, and there is not a hippo in your pool, the perspective which imagines the hippo is out there may exist in consciousness. It doesn't make the hippo real.

However, when you leave the physical, you don't just merge into a blob of nothingness. Each of us, while not separate is a unique, aspect of Source. There is a unique ME and a unique YOU....individual, but not separate and uniqueness completely dependent on vibration....each of us individually has our own set of goals that we choose to accomplish in spirit or by incarnating. It's entirely a matter of choice. Yet, we are ultimately from a given perspective, the same One. Even vibration signature or what appears to be uniqueness from a given perspective is not real either. But, will still be experienced by every one of us at death.

I don't have a problem with you saying you choose your own goals. If you're saying you've chosen everything that's ever happened to you, I'm saying seeing through the personal identity is not a matter of choice. Did JFK choose to get shot?

When we talk about awakening, we are awaking from the dream of a separate me, yet we still don't have any access to universal knowledge, so awakening is only a grain of sand on an infinite beach of grasping the whole picture.

I don't know what you mean by universal knowledge. You don't need knowledge about anything to see through the limitations of what knowledge is. I don't mind separating thought intelligence from a higher intelligence which enters creation through thinking. I'm just saying the idea of universal knowledge has nothing to do with that.

But.....we still have uniqueness to each of us after we awakened, which is far more than just the physical body, and are not solely based on our human personalities. This is an intended aspect of creation that is very hard for us to fathom here with our limited human minds.

So, it's not about choosing thoughts or feelings. Feelings again are a result of higher intuition. Thoughts stem from countless areas including conditioning beliefs. However, thoughts can also stem from the HS and our guides in line with intuition. Nor is this a theory created by Robert Schwartz. He's a regression therapist. This is based on millions of case studies from regression therapists including Michael Newton, Dolores Cannon, Brian Weiss, Robert Schwartz and countless others. Not to mention the millions of NDE's.

I can't agree with that. You say feelings are a result of higher intuition. Can't feelings be the result (not always) of thoughts in the unconscious? Has anyone ever triggered an emotion within your body, and you weren't conscious of why you were triggered? I'm familiar with Newton and enjoyed some of his work. I may or may not know Schwartz. But either way, consciousness of how compartmentalization projects forward and backward through regression and self seeking doesn't imply what's imagined to be true actually is. There's also been thousands of accounts of alien abductions. There's even been hypnotic regressions to prove these abductions have actually happened by certified regression therapists. Logically, that doesn't prove they happened of course.

Soul contracts were not meant as things to be "set in stone", but merely as blue prints to explore a theme in a given life and that's exactly where free will comes in. There is no forced life plan. You simply blue print an aspect or theme of life that you would like to explore. You build contracts with other members of your soul group and you incarnate together. That's it. The reason it seems that there is no free will is because most of us simply do not understand the unique (but not separate) individuality of our eternal vibrational signatures that live on in spirit.

That's all I got for now. Again, just my take and there's always more clarity to my perspective the more I am able to let go and surrender to.

Yea I think soul contracts exist within a certain context. That context is the one in which you are a separate person/soul. If exploring that context is providing value to your experience, I have no issue with that.
the key master

Postby the key master » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:04 am

EternalPrize wrote:Whoa, I will have to come back to this when I have time.

Keymaster/Jason - nice to see you around again. I'm not specifically referring to the context of awakening. I don't think it's the way the videos meant it either. Discussion of awakening in those videos just sidetracked into something else. I'm still on my awakening path. It's going slowly as personal/egoic development that was stunted as a child is taking place at the same time where it's kind of being seen through.

I was asking the question more in the context of how the universe works. I understood before I even got into awakening that there was no self, and that all entities were an expression of the one. Of course, this was largely intellectual. In any case, there is the materialist school of thought which says that some dense matter went boom and created everything, which is sort of a mechanical unfolding of cause and effect like a machine. This school of thought would say that such a synchronicity is a coincidence within this material unfolding.

I do not "believe" but my intuition makes me feel as if this universe and consciousness are bound together in something which may be beyond intellectual understanding, but which may be considered sort of magical compared to materialist thought.

What would make you think the universe and consciousness are separate in the first place?

Otherwise, yea great to see you around again EP. Hope you're still breathing easy in Denver. I'm in freakin Honduras. Just got done marching with my 8th graders through the city for the Christmas parade. Was a nice little shindig. I have a little writing project to do ever the next two weeks. Will probably take a hiatus from the forum once I start, but will be back around after the New Year I'm sure.
the key master

Postby dijmart » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:24 am

I am going to a meditation group tonight. This particular group has really helped me deepen into awareness

Consider that awareness is everywhere and everything, therefore there's no way to deepen into it...you are it, thinking you're a person. You can't be "more" aware! So, what to do? Understand that when you feel more aware or that you're deepening into awareness, that you "awareness", have probably moved into the witness position for a time....loosing your identification with the (body-mind) person. Meaning, awareness "you", have for a time witnessed, you the person, as the "object" witnessed by awareness, consciously. Which is always the case really, it's just not known, (unconsious), as we imagine we are the person that is witnessed.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Enlightened2B » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:43 am

Thanks for the discussion KM. I'm going to leave it at that. There's plenty of references from NDE's and the like of which I've mentioned if you'd like to learn more.
Enlightened2B

Postby the key master » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:54 am

dijmart wrote:
I am going to a meditation group tonight. This particular group has really helped me deepen into awareness

Consider that awareness is everywhere and everything, therefore there's no way to deepen into it...you are it, thinking you're a person. You can't be "more" aware! So, what to do? Understand that when you feel more aware or that you're deepening into awareness, that you "awareness", have probably moved into the witness position for a time....

Yes to the first two sentences, although I don't have a problem with distinguishing between more and less conscious or aware folks. I would not say that awareness moves into the witness position, but that the mind can position itself as witness to itself in the absence of its own thinking. When thinking is engaged, the mind may imagine that it has lost the witness position, and that something is going wrong or that a witnessing state must be maintained. That train of thought is also witnessed.

loosing your identification with the (body-mind) person. Meaning, awareness "you", have for a time witnessed, you the person, as the "object" witnessed by awareness, consciously. Which is always the case really, it's just not known, (unconsious), as we imagine we are the person that is witnessed.

Awareness doesn't actually witness things for a time, although we can say that mind states of identification can be witnessed. I don't equate stillness or no mind with the absence of identification , because it's more often than not the presence of a different kind of identification, the witness mind you point out.

Good stuff tho.
the key master

Postby the key master » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:58 am

Enlightened2B wrote:Thanks for the discussion KM. I'm going to leave it at that. There's plenty of references from NDE's and the like of which I've mentioned if you'd like to learn more.

Well I'm probably one of the few people on this forum that actually had an NDE. I nearly died from head trauma at a very early age. I'm not really sure what that has to do with our discussion.
the key master

Next

Return to General Discussion