Self realization

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Self realization

Postby the key master » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:47 am

Experience is the perception of change, and there isn't more to that change than your thoughts and feelings about it. Who you are changes from moment to moment, but what registers how you change does not change at all. If you can see that, then you also see that the changing person is not what registers how the person changes, that something is more fundamental than your constantly changing identity, such that what changes cannot be you and what doesn't change must be. There aren't any practices or mantras you can take on in order to realize that, because realization is not something you do, but the expansion of consciousness around how experience unfolds, around your personal experience unfolding.
the key master

Re: Self realization

Postby rodriguez_88 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:48 am

Hi, the key master

I'm just curious, are you self realized?
rodriguez_88

Postby the key master » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:57 am

rodriguez_88 wrote:Hi, the key master

I'm just curious, are you self realized?

I think people have some wacky notions with regard to what self realization is, and so I started this thread to open a discussion on those ideas, while pointing to the paradigm which is outside or beyond the reverse compartmentalization process detailed in another recent thread. Sure there's clarity here I enjoy sharing with others, and I don't feel these types of questions come from a place of that clarity.

then you also see that the changing person is not what registers how the person changes, that something is more fundamental than your constantly changing identity, such that what changes cannot be you and what doesn't change must be.

What do you mean by self realized?
the key master

Postby Onceler » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:26 pm

I realize I am not my self.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby the key master » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:19 pm

Onceler wrote:I realize I am not my self.

I would say realization is that you are not limited to what you appear to be limited to (time and space). I make the distinction because the mind or person can start thinking that it isn't the mind or person, and this takes place because path of least resistance allows the formulation of beliefs conducive to that line of thinking.
the key master

Postby rodriguez_88 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:28 pm

the key master wrote:What do you mean by self realized?

No longer under the illusion of ignorance.
rodriguez_88

Postby the key master » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:48 pm

rodriguez_88 wrote:
the key master wrote:What do you mean by self realized?

No longer under the illusion of ignorance.

That works for me. :P
the key master

Postby DavidB » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:23 am

It's always nice when we have someone place difficult concepts into more easily realized perspective and context.

Thanks km, very well surmised. And I mean that in a literal sense, not as a criticism. :)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby the key master » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:29 am

DavidB wrote:It's always nice when we have someone place difficult concepts into more easily realized perspective and context.

Thanks km, very well surmised. And I mean that in a literal sense, not as a criticism. :)

Thanks DB, I do my best. I'm working on a writing project that should be tied up soon, although I'm not sure, and am certainly curious to see how folks react to it. I notice there's things I'm just not good at, so have decided to turn sales, promotion, and that sort of thing over to people who are better suited for it. I actually look forward to the critiques, so I mean, if anything I write on here doesn't add up, I encourage folks to question that, themselves, me, everything.
the key master

Postby SandyJoy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Run wild, run free. Live it wide open and embrace the whole marvelous trip -- Sweet love, sweet love --
For me, and I can only speak for myself, it is about freedom. And that freedom comes through the heart, through the wide open heart that is not afraid of Life, not afraid to live just the way we are, just like a child, like a little kid, carefree and happy. Self realization is to realize you are already just fine, just the way you are because you are Life Itself and Life does not need changing or fixing or getting or needing. Life is All there is, all that is and it is your one and only real Identity. You've never been any one else but this Life being all that you are-- just trust It and Live it your way, from the heart, from the heart. The intellect is a gift, but to really see the total Light of yourself, seeing your own Infinite beauty and joy, you go through the heart, with the heart, by way of the soul, the passion, the feelings, the feelings of love, of tenderness, vulnerable, alive, real, and right up against the this Life, being You. It's about you, and only you. No one else but you. Sweet Joy, sweet Love, sweet peace -- It's about Living - not running away, its about Living it All straight from the heart. Creative, rich, full, imaginative,dreaming it, loving it, doing it, touching this powerful energy of your unbound soul.

It's easier straight from the heart It's true Just give it all, pour your heart out, Live it straight from the heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ebtjgK8NNU
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Postby DavidB » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:31 am

the key master wrote:Thanks DB, I do my best. I'm working on a writing project that should be tied up soon, although I'm not sure, and am certainly curious to see how folks react to it. I notice there's things I'm just not good at, so have decided to turn sales, promotion, and that sort of thing over to people who are better suited for it. I actually look forward to the critiques, so I mean, if anything I write on here doesn't add up, I encourage folks to question that, themselves, me, everything.

No problem km, I'll try and critique as much as time permits. I hope the writing project all turns out well for you. :)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby the key master » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:21 pm

DavidB wrote:
the key master wrote:Thanks DB, I do my best. I'm working on a writing project that should be tied up soon, although I'm not sure, and am certainly curious to see how folks react to it. I notice there's things I'm just not good at, so have decided to turn sales, promotion, and that sort of thing over to people who are better suited for it. I actually look forward to the critiques, so I mean, if anything I write on here doesn't add up, I encourage folks to question that, themselves, me, everything.

No problem km, I'll try and critique as much as time permits. I hope the writing project all turns out well for you. :)

Thanks DB. It's always nice reading you your posts are a breath of fresh air. After what's going on in my stomach at the moment, a much needed breath. I'd say I had enough beans to last me a lifetime, but frijoles are basically a staple in the diet down here. As far as the project I just tied it up tonight with an amusing anecdote. I'm not really sure if I would call it a book. I have 25 poems here from my 9th graders, so may lace each of the 10 or so chapters with some words from the young minds. Unless they wrote total rubbish haha. Will see.
the key master

Postby EternalPrize » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:39 pm

Keymaster,

I think I understand what you are saying. I've made a lot of progress in terms of expansion of consciousness and all that, but I think the ego actually has to be somewhat healthy in order for the expansion to complete itself so to speak. My ego still is pretty broken, paranoid, etc. In any case, what composes "us" - this present sense experience - does indeed constantly change. Then the mind tracks these changes and uses thought to compare the present experience to "another experience" which is just another state of sense-being. But this representation is part of the sense state as well. Humans somehow fall into thinking that there representation of experience-states are recreations.

Does that sound totally off?
EternalPrize

Postby Enlightened2B » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:14 pm

EP, Key will you give you his feedback. I just wanted to comment from my own experience based on what I am interpreting from your post and if I remember correctly some of your older posts. And please understand that I can be completely off base here.

It's not (to me) so much about making a healthier ego, as much as it is about unraveling all that you believe yourself to be, to see what you truly are and learning to love those aspects in the process regardless of how painful they are. I think that truly doing deep, inner work, can be very painful for some people or even most of us, depending on the traumas we've dealt with in our lives. Of course, not everyone needs to go down the same path. I know from my own experience, it's very painful.

So, ideally working with someone who has an understanding of bio-energetics or understanding how energy works through the body is important to me as a first step. But, also someone who is not trying to make you into a "healthier ego". It's very tricky to find a good therapist who understands that your body is not who you truly are and yet also understands that those emotions that you deal with cannot be bypassed.

Let me know if you need some assistance with finding a good therapist EP. I'm working with one now. I feel someone in the bio-energetics/core energetics area can likely do some help for you. I'm not talking about traditional talk therapy which personally, I find to be a waste. I mean someone who will understand you on the level of emotions and get to the crux of your emotional trauma. And if I'm off base here and totally out of line, just let me know 8)
Enlightened2B

Postby the key master » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:35 pm

EternalPrize wrote:Keymaster,

I think I understand what you are saying. I've made a lot of progress in terms of expansion of consciousness and all that, but I think the ego actually has to be somewhat healthy in order for the expansion to complete itself so to speak.

If you want to call putting an end to split mind thinking and insanity a healthy ego, I have no issue with that. If you're saying you need a healthy ego in order to put an end to split mind thinking, I'm saying they are the same thang.

My ego still is pretty broken, paranoid, etc. In any case, what composes "us" - this present sense experience - does indeed constantly change. Then the mind tracks these changes and uses thought to compare the present experience to "another experience" which is just another state of sense-being.

Paranoia is an unconscious phenomena but also quite common in the waking up game as the mind identification attempts to wrap its thoughts around the implications of oneness. The thought of oneness is appealing to your mind, while the realization of oneness can be quite horrifying in the sense separate peeps aren't actually invited to the oneness party. It's VIP only and God likes everyone showing up on time.

As far as your insights into change and evolution, you seem to be noticing the polarities of duality. I notice those polarities also, if that's what you're asking.

But this representation is part of the sense state as well. Humans somehow fall into thinking that there representation of experience-states are recreations.

Does that sound totally off?

Yes being human is a state of consciousness. Consciousness isn't actually trapped in the state of being human; that's the illusion you can see through. I'm not sure what you mean about the recreations comment. Are you saying you enjoy thinking about your experience?
the key master

Next

Return to General Discussion