No-mind...stillness working through you without your effort?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

No-mind...stillness working through you without your effort?

Postby Nyseto » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:54 am

When you are in the state of no mind, does that mean that stillness/being/divine is working through you divine as words and actions? Whenever I find myself being present, I find that my words and actions come out of nowhere and there is no reason why. It's as if the divine is me and I am the divine.

If for 5 seconds you just stop thinking, the world as you know it, completely disappears. And you find yourself in this placeless place called "here". All problems, all empty desires vanish. All that's left is utter perfection, you are just pure spirit. It is literally the opposite of fear. But it seems as if because it is so easily accessible and simple, that just SOMEHOW there's still something that's not enough about this moment. One little inner comment is all it takes.
"There is no such thing as enlightenment. The appreciation of this fact is itself enlightenment." -Nisargadatta Maharaj
Nyseto

Re: No-mind...stillness working through you without your eff

Postby the key master » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:31 pm

Nyseto wrote:When you are in the state of no mind, does that mean that stillness/being/divine is working through you divine as words and actions? Whenever I find myself being present, I find that my words and actions come out of nowhere and there is no reason why. It's as if the divine is me and I am the divine.

If for 5 seconds you just stop thinking, the world as you know it, completely disappears. And you find yourself in this placeless place called "here". All problems, all empty desires vanish. All that's left is utter perfection, you are just pure spirit. It is literally the opposite of fear.

I wouldn't call the absence of fear the opposite of fear, but I can relate to what you're saying about problems vanishing. Is it your desires that vanish, or the person itself?

But it seems as if because it is so easily accessible and simple, that just SOMEHOW there's still something that's not enough about this moment. One little inner comment is all it takes.

That would be person identification. What I mean is the person is not in a state of no mind. Consciousness is in a state of no person. Being conditioned to think as a person is not a problem, or, there's isn't an issue with inner comments about what's appearing because these comments are also something appearing to you and being created, by you. The idea that they should not be appearing would be that split mind thingy, one mind imagining there are two of itself.
the key master

Postby DavidB » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:00 am

Nyseto wrote:It is literally the opposite of fear.

The opposite of fear is trust. Trusting in life is the same as acceptance/surrender, which is the same as unconditional love. Which is not the same as faith, as faith is literally belief without evidence. Trust conversely requires no belief.

Nyseto wrote:SOMEHOW there's still something that's not enough about this moment

The human condition always requires more. More ideas, more understanding, more knowledge etc. There is always a slight feeling of never being quite complete. This is a fundamental aspect of the human condition, it is not personal, nor can it be fixed nor need it be fixed.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby the key master » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:34 pm

DavidB wrote:

The opposite of fear is trust. Trusting in life is the same as acceptance/surrender, which is the same as unconditional love. Which is not the same as faith, as faith is literally belief without evidence. Trust conversely requires no belief.

Nyseto wrote:SOMEHOW there's still something that's not enough about this moment

The human condition always requires more. More ideas, more understanding, more knowledge etc. There is always a slight feeling of never being quite complete.

Always?

On the one hand, I concur that the collective engine which humanity is an intricate part is evolving, and that the collective unconscious can be somewhat of a plague to every human being on the planet. On the other hand, I wouldn't call that a feeling of incompleteness, but a recognition of where things are in comparison to where they could be, although that recognition may be experienced as feeling empathy for world struggles.

This is a fundamental aspect of the human condition, it is not personal, nor can it be fixed nor need it be fixed.

I would say the feeling is entirely personal or self generated. And right, feelings don't need to be fixed, but they can be made conscious if they aren't already.
the key master

Postby Nyseto » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:02 am

DavidB wrote:

The human condition always requires more. More ideas, more understanding, more knowledge etc. There is always a slight feeling of never being quite complete. This is a fundamental aspect of the human condition, it is not personal, nor can it be fixed nor need it be fixed.

So what you're saying is to just remain with the feeling of trust? Why is it that there are no labels to it? Trust in what, surrender to what...what is life? Why is it that acceptance is not something you do? Sometimes trusting/surrendering is the last thing I want to do. And if I do it, I do end up feeling better but it makes absolutely no sense when some situations are clearly calling me to put up a fight. It feels like not using my mind at all.
"There is no such thing as enlightenment. The appreciation of this fact is itself enlightenment." -Nisargadatta Maharaj
Nyseto

Postby Onceler » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:06 pm

I would say that 5 seconds is you....who you truly are. If you make the connection that this is you, fear will leave. I would say the opposite of fear is courage or self-reliance.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:03 pm

Nyseto wrote:So what you're saying is to just remain with the feeling of trust? Why is it that there are no labels to it? Trust in what, surrender to what...what is life? Why is it that acceptance is not something you do? Sometimes trusting/surrendering is the last thing I want to do. And if I do it, I do end up feeling better but it makes absolutely no sense when some situations are clearly calling me to put up a fight. It feels like not using my mind at all.

Your instinct to fight is perfectly legitimate, but here is the distinction. Fight 'for' something. Do not fight against something. LoA is at play here as in all things. What you fight against gets stronger because you feed your focused energy into what you appose. On the other hand, what you fight for gets the benefit of that focused energy. Feel the distinction.

As to trust, trust that there is a larger issue than what conditions suggest. It's not a matter of right or wrong but one of manifested energy. If you don't like what you don't want, focus on what you do want and work toward that goal. Trust what feels best in how you think of things. If your thoughts feel painful then there is a message in how you are thinking about things. Think in ways that feel better to you and work toward those goals. Emotions have more inherent information in them than do thoughts. Learn to read them.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:28 am

Yum, what a beautiful discourse so far :D Webby ^^ is delightful!

SOMEHOW there's still something that's not enough about this moment.

:D Oh this tickles!

'that' moment was perfect, its the (relative) next moment that judges it. Usually by returning to a sense of self that can judge or be judged, by self or others.

ET mentions when discussing awakened states of being acceptance as - it is what it is in this moment and responding authentically to that, enjoyment - pouring our joy into what is in this moment; and enthusiasm - being like the arrow flying towards a target & enjoying (pouring our joy into) the ride.

When we step out of these modes of being / experience, we fall into making enemy, obstacle, or means to an end of a thing, person or situation. So that's when the arrow wobbles :wink: we regain a sense of our self & lose the free flowing energies. Brene Brown, in her book Daring Greatly discusses how authenticity - that free flowing in the moment responding to what is in acceptance, enjoyment &/or enthusiasm can make us feel vulnerable, if one accepts this,one can even play with it. Then you don't even have to have more of one sort of moment than the other, they can co-exist in harmony.

Only yesterday I had to professionally articulate capacity in 'leaving myself at the door' in what would be regarded as high level complex & professional situations (so layer on layer vulnerability because even though I was operating from 'it's not about me' & explaining that, the situation itself was - for others - about 'judging' me :lol: As I had submitted myself to it willingly, it was merely 'what it is' and so in acceptance & even enjoyment with absolute enthusiasm for flying towards the 'target' it was still fine).

When you get used to trusting, it just is - what others decide is ultimately none of our business. We can only respond to their decisions at our own level of awareness. The more you get used to responding authentically, the less the arrow wobbles.

One little inner comment is all it takes.

I'd recommend Don Miguel Ruiz's book The Four Agreements - particularly the first agreement - be impeccable with your word - be that the words you apply to yourself, or to others in thought, > emotion, > response. He illustrates where they came from in fear, and how to let their power over diminish. The other three agreements are equally freeing.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to General Discussion