Free will is just another silly religious belief

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Re: Free will is just another silly religious belief

Postby Enlightened2B » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:39 am

dijmart wrote:Free will, well the "person" certainly thinks they have free will, but how free is it, even if you think you have it? There are so many things within our environment that could stop or delay your supposed "free will". I could decide to go to Wal mart right now and never get there for a hundred reasons or you could say we have "limited" free will, such as, I choose pepsi over coke (if I had both in house, of course). So did I make that limited choice or not? If we have "limited" choice and that presumes that your mental tendencies, karma, environment, ect line up with what you think you choose, then did you really choose it or was it what you were programmed to do through your conditioning, ect.

It's a complicated subject and ones perspective has to be taken into consideration. Are you speaking as awareness or as the apparent person, that's what it comes down to really.

The question I have.....why on earth would ever need to shop at Wal Mart? Oh wait, am I confusing it with K mart? I too choose pepsi over coke.
Enlightened2B

Postby dijmart » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:12 am

Enlightened2B wrote:
dijmart wrote:Free will, well the "person" certainly thinks they have free will, but how free is it, even if you think you have it? There are so many things within our environment that could stop or delay your supposed "free will". I could decide to go to Wal mart right now and never get there for a hundred reasons or you could say we have "limited" free will, such as, I choose pepsi over coke (if I had both in house, of course). So did I make that limited choice or not? If we have "limited" choice and that presumes that your mental tendencies, karma, environment, ect line up with what you think you choose, then did you really choose it or was it what you were programmed to do through your conditioning, ect.

It's a complicated subject and ones perspective has to be taken into consideration. Are you speaking as awareness or as the apparent person, that's what it comes down to really.

The question I have.....why on earth would ever need to shop at Wal Mart? Oh wait, am I confusing it with K mart? I too choose pepsi over coke.

Lol, well seeing as I live in the sticks, kinda, walmart is the best place to shop in town. It's also a super walmart so you can get your groceries to boot! Yeah, pepsi"s the bomb, unless you drink diet...pepsi changed to sweetening with sucralose (I think), instead of aspartame and it tastes like ass.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby the key master » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:26 am

dijmart wrote:Free will, well the "person" certainly thinks they have free will, but how free is it, even if you think you have it?

The generation of thoughts is awareness taking the form of seemingly localized intelligence. That localized intelligence arises and falls according to path of least resistance. There's no one in control of that.

There are so many things within our environment that could stop or delay your supposed "free will". I could decide to go to Wal mart right now and never get there for a hundred reasons or you could say we have "limited" free will, such as, I choose pepsi over coke (if I had both in house, of course). So did I make that limited choice or not?

What's the presumption to the question? ---->

Are you speaking as awareness or as the apparent person, that's what it comes down to really.

Right, sort of. If you aren't the apparent person, and this is seen clearly, the idea that it's choices are yours would be let go immediately.
the key master

Postby SandyJoy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:20 pm

It is all freewill, here in this linear world of time and space - We have choice.

God is Love and Love does not control anyone or anything. Love lets us do what we want. Anything we want. It's up to us to make the choices for good or bad, for how we want to go, how we live this Life we are. We may make the wrong choices sometimes, but, we can let those 'wrong' choices teach us the right way to go and we can learn through those mistakes, or not, our choice. If we learn from this experience of choices, Then we come to see that our mistakes were really not mistakes when used for good. Life is a Sweet Mystery, we are free to do what we want, freedom is Love. If we make the wrong turn, we can choose to see it was not the wrong turn at all and then use all things in ways that lead us to do better, go higher, let go, take hold, and Love it all. We make choices all the time.

Being Itself is NOT a choice, but what we do with this Beingness, the Isness we are, this Life we are, Identity we are, this Self we are Is Love, pure, unblemished Love, Love is freedom to Live unbound knowing our Illimitable Self soars free - What is, Awareness, Who we are is Love and Living is Love and Love is not a choice, it is What we are, and always will be. That is where there is no 'free will', Here as this Life, this Awareness we are, this is the essence of Something 'we' do not choose, but Always was and Always will be our very Self-knowing Life.
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Postby SandyJoy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:21 pm

The beauty, the tenderness of it all is found in the deep, mysterious wonder of this profound experience of Living. Yes, it's right here. Right where you are. It's not going to be anything set in stone. Life is not anything you can think in logical or reasonable ways. No, Life is not limited. Life is infinite and without bounds.

You, who you are, your existence, the amazing of sense of you being you -- It is all much more about feeling, feeling, totally feeling. We don't leave our intellect, but we do hear a song that is more than the intellect. A Song that includes reason, but reason is only one note in the entire composition. Like music, Life is to be felt, we dance to it, we let it move us. It's you. All along it was you.

We come back to our self, me and you, the sweet sense of identity you are. We touch our own infinity, our own eternal soul, we feel the powerful essence of our being, and know who we are in a way that is understood beyond the words in the song. To live, to sense, to come alive is to yield to this surging energy of our pure light of being that stands here right behind the scene, behind time-space-matter. We take off our security blankets, strip down to where we can feel the Mystery and It's pulsing, powerful force that moves all things. We let life touch us. We become vulnerable, open, raw, untied. Like a child, a new born, just here, exposed and here, feeling it all, unafraid.

We are enchanted with the magic, we are emerged in the profound exquisite presence of existence, the total expanse of existence. We are here, conscious, fully aware of being here as this ever present living presence. We are the very life of this ongoing sweet unknown and we let the magic take us.

Let the Wonder of this wild, untamed passion that Life is, move us, lift us, open the doors for us. It does. We get in tune with the Song, the Symphony and we ride free. We dance to It's pulsing, beating, swirling rhythms. It's not about trying to figure it out, its about Living It wide open and unafraid of Life, totally abandoning the the shore and sailing out into the wilderness of this Trip without knowing anything but the Sweet sounds of Beauty and Light that touch our Heart and keep us steady and balanced on this adventure of Love.

Love and freedom, always
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Previous

Return to General Discussion