Please help me

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Please help me

Postby barbaradj1238 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:43 am

Hi all
Recently I came to know about my boyfriend was addicted to heroine, When I asked about it, first, he refused to admit that, but then he confessed me that he is addicted to it and tried a lot to get out of it, but can’t. He pleased me not to leave him. I’m confused, what I’m supposed to do? How can I help him to stop the usage of the drug? I’m thinking of contacting addiction treatment center in Toronto ( Edgewood Health Network ) for attending some sessions, but they told me that attending sessions would only help for the person who is mild addicted. They also ensured me to know the range of addiction of him for better treatment. How could I do that? What are the things that to be considered to know how much a person is addicted to the substance? Please help me.
barbaradj1238

Re: Please help me

Postby dijmart » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:38 pm

I suggest you search for a drug addiction forum to ask those questions. Heroin addiction is a very specific drug addiction that kills people (I've known 2 people personally) and you should get advice from people who are qualified to give it, imo. But do know there's only so much you can do for an addict. The help you give or get the person, may or may not work, unfortunately.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Re: Please help me

Postby Sighclone » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:02 am

Definitely have him contact, or you contact the Kiloby Center (kilobycenter.com). Scott Kiloby is a recovered addict, nondual teacher and attorney - he was very active on this forum about ten years ago.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Return to General Discussion