Did the universe make a mistake with the ego?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Did the universe make a mistake with the ego?

Postby Mystic » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bImdyQn43s8

An interesting video of Eckhart Tolle. There could be no enlightenment without the ego.

We need the ego in order to transcend it. To consciously know our connectedness to the One...

"And now the next step in the evolution is a return to the pre-egoic stage with the added dimension of consciously knowing your connectedness with the One, whereas before, they were connected with the one without even knowing it. It was a natural state of connectedness, but as we go beyond ego, we now knowingly return to the One consciously and thats the next stage." --- Eckhart Tolle

Mystic

Re: Did the universe make a mistake with the ego?

Postby jamesjohnson5551 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:57 am

I am very happy to be here and I am a big fan of him I would like to share something here. Tolle had an unhappy childhood in Germany and Spain. His depression reached its peak during early adulthood in England, until he underwent what he calls an "inner transformation". He then spent many years as a vagrant, "in a a state of deep bliss", he says, before becoming a spiritual teacher. He eventually moved to North America where he began writing his first book. He currently lives in Vancouver, Canada with his wife, Kim Eng.
jamesjohnson5551

Postby kutto » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:04 am

I remember reading once in a channeling from jesus that all planes of consciousness go through an essential pattern of innocence / 'garden of eden' state -> ego -> enlightenment - Essentially as has been said so that we can truly understand our relationship to all that is.... - so no I don't think any mistake ...
kutto

Postby meetjoeblack » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:38 am

kutto wrote:I remember reading once in a channeling from jesus that all planes of consciousness go through an essential pattern of innocence / 'garden of eden' state -> ego -> enlightenment - Essentially as has been said so that we can truly understand our relationship to all that is.... - so no I don't think any mistake ...

Its strange. I notice something similar in my own life. I presume or view the world in a particular manner. I am excited for something, lets say Christmas. As a child, i tore through presents excited for a specific gift. Of course, I got it but, then, i realized i never enjoyed the process of everything else. I just went through the emotion and as a kid i never understood why I was so bothered by it. I found the toy recently. It reminded me of my current predicament now.

I don't see it as a mistake either. I think of it as a tool and challenge or test. Its to help human nature evolve to that next level of consciousness. If we are to ever reach the singularity, ego must be by passed.
meetjoeblack

Postby Onceler » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:15 am

I believe we need our egos to anchor us inside our skin and bones, in time and space. Without it we would waft around like ghosts. Fear is the thing we don't need and which tunes the ego to a distorted frequency.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Return to General Discussion