Presence is living as if you don't exist right?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Postby Nyseto » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:25 pm

Just making sure about all of this, but awareness is just seeing but there's no one there seeing right? 100% impersonal, just a nobody.
"There is no such thing as enlightenment. The appreciation of this fact is itself enlightenment." -Nisargadatta Maharaj
Nyseto

Re: Presence is living as if you don't exist right?

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:04 pm

Nyseto wrote:Just making sure about all of this, but awareness is just seeing but there's no one there seeing right? 100% impersonal, just a nobody.

Actually no. Here's how I see it. There is always someone seeing/perceiving, else it would not be seen. That there is uniqueness in the seeing is indicative of an individuation. You see or are aware of things in one way, someone else in another. As many human expressions as exist are at least how many unique perspectives exist. That's not to suggest identity in the way most humans perceive it, which is based on identification with thought or thought constructs. Individuation as in unique perspective, is not the same as thought identity. You will always be you as an aware perspective. That unique perspective within the greater awareness transcends the human experience. You will not always be you as a thought constructed identification, but you will always be you as a unique conscious being.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby sardinelover » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:28 am

Presence is being conscious. It is a state where there is no unconscious thinking. Unconscious thinking generates a vast amount of negative thoughts and emotions, and the end result is highly destructive for the person and for the planet.
Relax your face
sardinelover

Postby randomguy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:41 pm

One simple way to consider presence is to recognize that you can't be absent. You are here. You are this present moment.

Existence is self evident.

But what does it mean to live as if? Yes there is an aspect of emptiness of nothing of nobody seeing - just the seeing. There is also an aspect of fullness of wholeness of completeness and unity.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Postby DavidB » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:20 am

While it is true, you don't exist, presence isn't living as though we don't exist.

Presence is the awareness of awareness, that's all. It's knowing that you are conscious. There isn't anything we can know about that awareness though, that consciousness.

Because presence is formless, it may seem as though presence has no existence. But it is from that formlessness the entire universe arises, a universe full of form, full of infinite life. :D
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:38 pm

Nyseto wrote:Just making sure about all of this, but awareness is just seeing but there's no one there seeing right? 100% impersonal, just a nobody.

DavidB wrote:Presence is living as if you don't exist right?

While it is true, you don't exist, presence isn't living as though we don't exist.

All of this is about making a choice about how to perceive being, or taking a perspective of life, is it not? However, its very nature is suggestive of a chooser. Who, or what, considers the possibilities, and who or what makes a choice on that potential perspective? It's one thing to recognize that we are not what we think we are, as our beliefs are just adopted constructs of identification based on conditions and limited understanding. It's another to say that the adopter and thought constructor are not real.

Even that said, a thought constructed identification is real in terms of an experience. Identifications within a greater self are real experiences of self even if they are just temporary constructions. The essence however is the presence of the constructor who identifies with the thought construct. Just as we dream each night of being a personification within the dream, we wake each morning into a greater realization of being. There is yet higher awakenings of being beyond the human adventure. That consciousness, that self aware perspective that awakens, is persistent as eternal life exploring the great adventure of being.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby DavidB » Mon May 02, 2016 2:35 am

I don't use these words real and existence interchangeably.

I use the word existence in a similar context as the word form. Existence means to stand out, to take form.

Real is open to interpretation, dependent upon perspective.

If I'm not the form, then I don't exist. But instead, I am the field of awareness in which form might manifest, form might exist.

What can I know about that field of awareness itself? Nothing, except that it is in this field of awareness in which everything else is totally dependent upon being real.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Return to General Discussion