Random pointers

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Random pointers

Postby TongueTornado » Mon May 23, 2016 10:27 am

"Once upon a time there was a girl, travelling around the world with the flower in her hair and in her heart, the flower was a reflection of her spirit, it had all colors of rainbow, depending on how she felt, once it was provocative dark red, next time it was pure blue, and the color often changed yet the flower remained beautiful at all times, and so it should stay for eternity."
TongueTornado

Re: Random pointers

Postby Enlightened2B » Mon May 23, 2016 6:31 pm

Kind of like this. Source in the middle, unchanging with all of its unique perspectives constantly changing, reflected vibrationally through color.

Enlightened2B

Postby TongueTornado » Mon May 23, 2016 11:18 pm

yeah, i found it under one of drum and bass songs, its funny how i would not understand this two years ago and now it makes sense.

another pointer which i thought of myself today:
we are like droplets of water after the rainy day, from one source yet separated.
TongueTornado

Postby Enlightened2B » Wed May 25, 2016 12:37 am

we are like droplets of water after the rainy day, from one source yet separated.

Indeed. After reading your introduction post, the same pointer hit me as well when I first came across Tolle...... "You are not your thoughts". I read A New Earth in 2012.....had some great insights for me, and resonated with me as I was really into mindfulness meditation for a number of years, but didn't "hit me" until a year later, and when it hit me, it hit me hard, or I should say.....it was the start of a profound shift in perspective in seeing that I no longer had to be tied down to this life long miserable story running in my mind. It was all a bad dream almost and was so freeing to see that we were all just slaves to our thinking patterns. This keeps the story alive.

The beauty that I've gained over the last 4 years or so is that you can't escape the story. One way or another, there will always be a story running for as long as we are here in body. However, the incredible powerful aspect of that, is that we get to choose our own story if we can become aware enough to really notice. It all starts with Eckhart Tolle's teachings.

Welcome to the forum.
Enlightened2B

Postby TongueTornado » Wed May 25, 2016 10:51 am

Thanks for welcome :)
Yep, exactly, there will always the story running, but the recognition of it is very powerfull "tool" and then you are free even when there are feelings of unease...

But i would like to ask you for advice, insight, opinion or whateever comes to your mind on this matter :)

im working at home, its good work, paid well, i can choose through the day when i work so i can go to the gym 5 minutes from home etc...
i dont need to rush to make other things in the freetime which is great.

Thing is, my mind created me really hates the job, its very mind heavy and i need to always solve a lot of "problems" (engineering)
I have very angry and resistant feelings against present moment when im working, im refusing it, i observe it, but still it is really painful? i dont know the correct word.
Most of the time i spend resisting the work i should do before even doing it.
At least it keeps me very present, because rush of the energy is really intense.

Maybe you ask why i do this job, why i dont switch.
Well as i stated above, i really like going to the gym, i enjoy excercising very much, i dont need to travel somewhere else to do the job, i can cook home for myself etc...
Another reason is when i was younger i got to the engineering school because of my parents, not trying to blame them, im working with my step dad and i have good relationship with them.
So with the education i have i cant really find a job which would suit my mind needs.

If there was a possibility to turn off your story mind, this job might be wonderful.
Im focusing my attention on the breath, my feelings, solving something, but i do not only solve the work problems.
I still struggle too with fully accepting the resistance and high intense energy while solving this stuff and it consumes a lot of my energy and after working whole day im like erased, its like you would watch television whole day and returned to normal world. (E.T puts it as below thought)
My step dad likes to solve technical problems and while he works whole day he seems like to not have such issue to switch back to his non working mode.

I know that there is only one moment, this continuous not changing moment, but being with touch with it is much easier when not doing the job obviously :D

Maybe i should accept the struggle too, but in the mind structure this struggle is not only in the moment, but projects it into the future and takes it from the past when im supposed to do the job.

I hope its not very confusing and thanks for whatever answer will be :)
TongueTornado

Postby Webwanderer » Wed May 25, 2016 2:30 pm

I suggest you create a new story about your work. Start thinking more about the benefits it offers and less about the parts you dislike. See it as an opportunity to the freedom it offers in the ways you enjoy. Praise its benefits in your mind. Feel the value it brings to your life. Focus on that value at every opportunity. Create a story that works for your enjoyment rather than the one that works against you. A lot of the problem is just a habit of thought.

You may even wish to consider using the free time it offers to re-educate yourself in a new profession that you prefer and would enjoy more naturally. Welcome to the forum.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby TongueTornado » Thu May 26, 2016 9:14 am

Thanks for Welcome :)
Yeah you are right it seems like old habit of thought, im trying to re-educate myself in free time, but more or less its hobies i like, because if you ask me what i would like to do for work it would be
really just childish dream in the sense of this world, but i dont mind. Im letting life sort of dictate its own course, what ever it brings (but ofcourse i choose action when its necessary)

Many things i did in the past seemed so wrong in the sense of this world (flanking school, playing video games) but somehow it turned out for good, i would say every stupid move i did somehow later worked out itself to be good.

Do you have such experiences too guys ?
TongueTornado

Return to General Discussion