Politics, treachery and back stabbing

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Politics, treachery and back stabbing

Postby meetjoeblack » Thu May 26, 2016 7:38 pm

I have been at a job for quite a few years. I am in the skilled trades.

What forced me to do a trade was my dad telling me years before the accident with my sister about the opportunity. I am an employee for now. I have to accumulate more hours to get my ticket. I want to soak up all the knowledge I can and humble myself to better understand and practice.

The past couple months I have had a pain body attack. I felt paranoia. I got this feeling like this one time before. It was a gut instinct that I was getting screwed on something. Sure enough, I was correct. And now, I have this same feeling. I gave the benefit of the doubt. I should learn to trust my instinct.

I wanted a job with the union over in another area. I am qualified and I have quite a bit of hours racked up. I find out that the job was gifted away. I never got a chance to apply or even interview.

I am pissed. I have been struggling with sleep lately I am so worked up and mad. This happens once again to me. I am working so hard to better myself, take care of mom after the accident but life is one damn big fight and obstacle. If my sister was around we can talk. My dad could counsel me. I read something about fatherhood and learning from him. It brought tears to my eyes. I still resist losing him and my sister.

So, I am in a position to fight it but then I am "the bad guy." My union was useless last time. Another union rep is in my corner. A few more have been too but it sucks really. I tried praying and meditation. The reality is I can fight it or I can document it to refer back to later. I know that I wasn't wanted and people will make problems for me. I see it now. What is cold was that, somebody pretending to be on my side made good knowing they were going around back and making this move on me regardless of all the hours I worked. I am between a rock and a hard place.

Little help? How do I handle politics? Treachery? Backstabbing? Many teaching in the trade school work infield outside the union in upper management. People get pouched and it's one big popularity competition. I know I have a fight but what do I do? Talk to the union? Labour board? Get legal counsel?

It further instills my vision to break away from the union and do my own business eventually. It further in grains this vision. I wish I had my father here to help guide me. Help?
meetjoeblack

Re: Politics, treachery and back stabbing

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:26 am

ah ((MJB))... just when we think we're all grown up we realise life shifts us again, back into the wonderland of fantasy.

I don't know what your Dad would say, hopefully, son, I know it's tough, I know there are hard times and people that shit on you and hurts in your heart that seem to break open over and over again... but I also know you. I know the you that fell over and got back up again, the you that cried yourself to sleep and then one day found yourself experiencing joy again. The you that underneath all the frustration and pain knows there is more in life than the fears and worries that mess with your mind.

What do you do? Whatever will bring you peace, by doing it knowingly.

On the job -
Are you single handedly going to change a culture steeped in the experiences of many, unlikely.
You have to know what it is you want - if you 'won' that job after a battle, would you still want it?
Would it bring you the joy you desire?

Is it possible the universe is nudging you down a different path? If not, dig your heels in, fight the fight, live that experience, but do it knowing that is the choice YOU are making in the situation. Own it. Live it.
No choice is ultimately wrong, they just bring us different experiences.
If you can fight and be happy, what's to lose? If you can let it go and be happy, what's to lose?
The choices we make unfold their own natural consequences, what others choose is not ours to experience or judge. We can only know the right path for us. When we're out of kilter it's a pretty big clue that we're either messing in someone else's business or not taking care & responsibility for our own choices.

On the politics -
Are you going to be able to protect yourself now or in the future against those who would lie and deceive you? unlikely.
You can notice if your gut is out of kilter and learn to read what it is trying to tell you, but you are as fallible as the rest of us, so don't expect it to be perfectly understood every time. (gees I could write this to myself right now :wink: )

Can you accept that everyone is doing their best with what they have (you included), in terms of awareness, capacity & willingness?
If this is how others have learned to get what they want, it's all they know. They lack awareness of any other way to be, or lack capacity to be any other way, or are aware and are capable and for whatever reason (not your business) choose otherwise.

You are only response able for your choices.

I am pissed. I have been struggling with sleep lately I am so worked up and mad. This happens once again to me. I am working so hard to better myself, take care of mom after the accident but life is one damn big fight and obstacle. If my sister was around we can talk. My dad could counsel me. I read something about fatherhood and learning from him. It brought tears to my eyes. I still resist losing him and my sister.

And herein lay the root of the problem ... life is not how you expected or wanted.

You have to remember we were here together before the accident, it wasn't a bed of roses then either. You are human, you are young, you are growing, you are learning - this IS life. In all its gory/glory this IS the experience of life. Precious as you know, fleeting as you've found, changing all the time as you try to balance within it.

Love yourself first. Be kind to yourself first.
Arrest the lies you are telling yourself first.
In Desiderata it says, for all its sham and drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Be careful. Strive to be happy.

Maybe your Dad would read you Desiderata
- go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there is in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons (or being one yourself) for they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans (& at least as much time and energy as spent on troubles).
Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.
Take kindly the counsel of the years (your own years of learning), gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune (when our expectations and our reality are at odds).
But, do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars you have a right... to BE here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt, the universe is unfolding, as it should.
Therefore be at peace with god, whatever you conceive him/it/her to be.
And whatever your labours and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham and drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

After all that rest your eyes, feel your heart beating and hear your breath escaping and renewing. The next thing you open your eyes to meet with love - generosity and gratitude, and feel how good it feels. Try to keep that no matter what is swirling around you.

And, GET MORE SLEEP :) None of us cope our best without it.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Ogion » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:30 am

I was in this same predicament for the last 5 years........ However I knew what it was my intuition was telling me, it was telling me to remove myself from such an environment. However with young children, and a mortgage I could not just up and leave. So I put up a barrier and told myself to be strong and endure and make my money good while I was still earning. It pained me to go against my intuition, but there is a survival aspect which must be delt with first. Just having the knowledge that I was putting things in place to deal with both the spiritual and the physical of this life was my strength to get me through. Eventually when all was said and done, my intuition came back and I left work...... This was around September 2015...... 3 weeks ago I pulled the pin and I am liberated....... I know that the right decision has been made.

Money is not real, your life is, make it count....... If that environment is harmful, then leave it. Change brings new hope. And doing what you feel inside, behind the mind is of the upmost importance, that is what you are here to learn is it not? If you listen to your true self you will do your soul wonders.

This is your sign to move, don't miss it.

I wish you peace.
Ogion

Postby meetjoeblack » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:47 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:ah ((MJB))... just when we think we're all grown up we realise life shifts us again, back into the wonderland of fantasy.

I don't know what your Dad would say, hopefully, son, I know it's tough, I know there are hard times and people that shit on you and hurts in your heart that seem to break open over and over again... but I also know you. I know the you that fell over and got back up again, the you that cried yourself to sleep and then one day found yourself experiencing joy again. The you that underneath all the frustration and pain knows there is more in life than the fears and worries that mess with your mind.

What do you do? Whatever will bring you peace, by doing it knowingly.

On the job -
Are you single handedly going to change a culture steeped in the experiences of many, unlikely.
You have to know what it is you want - if you 'won' that job after a battle, would you still want it?
Would it bring you the joy you desire?

Is it possible the universe is nudging you down a different path? If not, dig your heels in, fight the fight, live that experience, but do it knowing that is the choice YOU are making in the situation. Own it. Live it.
No choice is ultimately wrong, they just bring us different experiences.
If you can fight and be happy, what's to lose? If you can let it go and be happy, what's to lose?
The choices we make unfold their own natural consequences, what others choose is not ours to experience or judge. We can only know the right path for us. When we're out of kilter it's a pretty big clue that we're either messing in someone else's business or not taking care & responsibility for our own choices.

On the politics -
Are you going to be able to protect yourself now or in the future against those who would lie and deceive you? unlikely.
You can notice if your gut is out of kilter and learn to read what it is trying to tell you, but you are as fallible as the rest of us, so don't expect it to be perfectly understood every time. (gees I could write this to myself right now :wink: )

Can you accept that everyone is doing their best with what they have (you included), in terms of awareness, capacity & willingness?
If this is how others have learned to get what they want, it's all they know. They lack awareness of any other way to be, or lack capacity to be any other way, or are aware and are capable and for whatever reason (not your business) choose otherwise.

You are only response able for your choices.

And herein lay the root of the problem ... life is not how you expected or wanted.

You have to remember we were here together before the accident, it wasn't a bed of roses then either. You are human, you are young, you are growing, you are learning - this IS life. In all its gory/glory this IS the experience of life. Precious as you know, fleeting as you've found, changing all the time as you try to balance within it.

Love yourself first. Be kind to yourself first.
Arrest the lies you are telling yourself first.
In Desiderata it says, for all its sham and drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Be careful. Strive to be happy.

Maybe your Dad would read you Desiderata
- go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there is in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons (or being one yourself) for they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans (& at least as much time and energy as spent on troubles).
Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.
Take kindly the counsel of the years (your own years of learning), gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune (when our expectations and our reality are at odds).
But, do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars you have a right... to BE here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt, the universe is unfolding, as it should.
Therefore be at peace with god, whatever you conceive him/it/her to be.
And whatever your labours and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham and drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

After all that rest your eyes, feel your heart beating and hear your breath escaping and renewing. The next thing you open your eyes to meet with love - generosity and gratitude, and feel how good it feels. Try to keep that no matter what is swirling around you.

And, GET MORE SLEEP :) None of us cope our best without it.

I have been doing meditation. Its helped with sleep. There are a lot of politics be it in the government or workplace. It just feels like so much is against me.

I saw it pretty much everywhere I go and I never try to battle treachery though, there comes a time when I must step up against nonsense.

I don't agree that the universe is unfolding as it should. We have treachery in government. We vote on two different candidates, one with poor health and clearly has pulled some real gangster moves. Another that is being called racist and sexist. I don't want to live on this planet anymore. Since the latter is not a choice, I am trying to coop with it.

I was thinking about the Ecky retreat until i realized it is a bazillion dollars. I am trying to coop with the circumstances but, its challenging. I appreciate the help. I keep reading stillness speaks or the gita. Anything to bring clarity and calm.
meetjoeblack

Postby meetjoeblack » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:54 am

Ogion wrote:I was in this same predicament for the last 5 years........ However I knew what it was my intuition was telling me, it was telling me to remove myself from such an environment. However with young children, and a mortgage I could not just up and leave. So I put up a barrier and told myself to be strong and endure and make my money good while I was still earning. It pained me to go against my intuition, but there is a survival aspect which must be delt with first. Just having the knowledge that I was putting things in place to deal with both the spiritual and the physical of this life was my strength to get me through. Eventually when all was said and done, my intuition came back and I left work...... This was around September 2015...... 3 weeks ago I pulled the pin and I am liberated....... I know that the right decision has been made.

Money is not real, your life is, make it count....... If that environment is harmful, then leave it. Change brings new hope. And doing what you feel inside, behind the mind is of the upmost importance, that is what you are here to learn is it not? If you listen to your true self you will do your soul wonders.

This is your sign to move, don't miss it.

I wish you peace.

Thank you brother.

I am a young man. I have been suffering depression for ages off and on. I lost loads of family and endured quite a bit of stuff in life. Despite my ability to persevere and put on a brave front, take care of my mom, and bills, the universe is full of obstacles. Its been nothing but a challenge.

I put my blood, sweat, and tears plus money towards my career. I want to help people. I notice once I did so, it was still hard. I know God will leave a door open if this one closes. Still, i feel like because I am not following the beaten path in life, the world, business, HR, everything is against me.

Its funny you say leave it. What is being further and further ingrained is that, my future lies elsewhere. Until my mom moves on from this world, it wont be as easy to just move but, I am making moves. I had this crisis for sometime of ambiguity. Just uncertainty and loss. Like, if this comes undone, what now? I put everything into it. I fear failure and I am facing it head on not running away. It doesn;t make it easier.

When the dark cloud follows me, I want to turn off. Just get away from everything and everyone. I read David Deida blue i think. He was saying when you feel like stop giving your gifts in full love, thats when its most important to keep loving. Its hard but, my path is there and without it, hope is all lost.

without hope, vision, love, I see no future. With that said, clarity is so important. I am using this app called calm to keep a clear mind. Any advice is appreciated.

What did you do or can you inbox me helpful advice since you have life experience.
meetjoeblack

Postby meetjoeblack » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:05 am

I started reading the Gita. I came across some really special pieces of texts. It is strange how closely it resembles the place in life and time I am. Its ageless. Basically, the Gita in text goes onto say,

It is better to strive in one’s own dharma than to succeed in the dharma of another. Nothing is ever lost in following one’s own dharma. But competition in another’s dharma breeds fear and insecurity. By fulfilling the obligations he is born with, a person never comes to grief.

Anyway, I have gotten a rough ride the past while as I mentioned. Its unreal how people will literally be out gunning for me. It makes trust very challenging. I feel like the doors are opening and I am just staying true to my "being." I still feel like the storm is around the corner and colluding is going on so, again, in my predicament, I wont trust anybody.

A friend said, "kill them with kindness." This has been the approach I have chosen to take. Its still difficult. She said that it is the reason for meditation in the first place. Its useless otherwise like taking a pic with your eyes closed just to post on instagram illustrating the ego of "look at me, I meditate. Aren't I special?" I kept reading the Gita.

One has to learn tolerance in the face of dualities such as happiness and distress, or cold and warmth, and by tolerating such dualities become free from anxieties regarding gain and loss

I noticed while I am being harassed, I am feeling anxiety, and this person like a shark smells blood coming on stronger. I met this head on. "Kill them with kindness." Put my best foot forward. Still, keep calm and centered.
meetjoeblack

Postby meetjoeblack » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:30 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:Is it possible the universe is nudging you down a different path? If not, dig your heels in, fight the fight, live that experience, but do it knowing that is the choice YOU are making in the situation. Own it. Live it.

Thank you for this. I read this before but, it did not hit me with the same vigor and meaning as it does right now. For sometime, I have felt the environment, the air, the place of being just doesn't resonate. I know my calling is somewhere else and it is maybe the universe nudging me to something better. I question myself though. Is it me looking for the cowards way out or is it me truly desiring for something else? In the situation, I stood my ground, and fought for my place knowing deep down, my purpose is elsewhere. The worst part is that it ended just before my birthday.

On the politics -

I wish I took this message in better and deeper when you first put this out there. Its something my father would have warned me about. The answer is no. Even more disturbing, is that, the union is in bed with the company. People are paid to push paper and put their feet up while killing donuts or fatty foods. The universe is nudging me else where. The hard part now is, where am i being nudged?
meetjoeblack

Return to General Discussion