Creepy experiences resembling death

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Creepy experiences resembling death

Postby jtightlips21 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:20 am

I dont know if its just coincidences, but I have been having some creepy experiences that resemble death. 1) I have seen 5 parked ambulances over the course of 6 weeks, 2) In church 2 songs were about death, 3) I had some jellybeans(bean-boozled) that had flavors that tasted like death, and haunted my tastebuds and stomach the whole day, 4) Having some anxiety over ego transcendent concepts, such as eternity, consciousness above thought, and compatibility with thought and consciousness above thought, and the nature of the formless.

I dont know if this is all just coincidence, or if the death process of the ego is near completion. For about two years, I have been in the practice of dying to the Ego. I have been practicing mindfullness, and an easier time being present in the moment. However, I cannot help but think that the Ego is on its last leg.

Has anyone else had deathlike experiences when dying to the Ego? I read about how contemplative prayer can often times be a scary experience. And I have had other experiences when breaking out of unconsciousness that seemed deathlike, and horribly scary.
jtightlips21

Re: Creepy experiences resembling death

Postby Magpie » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:22 pm

oh it's scary jack, spirit can get terrifying, but you'll want more and more

all these gurus like to play hero, the ego lessens, but God experiences fear, Adyashanti for instance likes to play arrogant, he's a little bit grimey
Magpie

Re: Creepy experiences resembling death

Postby Magpie » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:28 pm

jtightlips21 wrote:I dont know if its just coincidences, but I have been having some creepy experiences that resemble death. 1) I have seen 5 parked ambulances over the course of 6 weeks, 2) In church 2 songs were about death, 3) I had some jellybeans(bean-boozled) that had flavors that tasted like death, and haunted my tastebuds and stomach the whole day, 4) Having some anxiety over ego transcendent concepts, such as eternity, consciousness above thought, and compatibility with thought and consciousness above thought, and the nature of the formless.

I dont know if this is all just coincidence, or if the death process of the ego is near completion. For about two years, I have been in the practice of dying to the Ego. I have been practicing mindfullness, and an easier time being present in the moment. However, I cannot help but think that the Ego is on its last leg.

Does Enlightement appeal to you?

I don't know what happens I guess it's Death, a utterly complete change to a structure you've built for God knows how long,
Magpie

Return to General Discussion