Do you believe that the Source/God has some sort of punish..

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Do you believe that the Source/God has some sort of punish..

Postby Ervin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:58 am

Hi everyone,

Do you believe that the Source/God has some sort of punishment in place? The traditional teachings teach on hell and what not,
However what do people on this forum think?

Thanks
Ervin

Re: Do you believe that the Source/God has some sort of puni

Postby Mystic » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:49 pm

Ervin wrote:Hi everyone,

Do you believe that the Source/God has some sort of punishment in place? The traditional teachings teach on hell and what not,
Thanks

Hello Ervin :) I see the traditional teachings as interpretations and metaphors, not to be taken literally. Hell is fear itself, nothing more. So fear of hell IS hell. People walking around with their books in their hand, telling you to believe a certain way are probably just trying to convince themselves that their beliefs are true.

To know that you know is certainty. Eckhart Tolle says this is non-conceptual knowledge.

To identify yourself with a belief is uncertainty. Eckhart Tolle calls this the identification with form, or conceptual knowledge.
Mystic

Postby Ervin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:24 pm

What about in this life, would you say that you know what goes around comes around, somehow?

Thanks
Ervin

Postby Mystic » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:08 pm

Ervin wrote:What about in this life, would you say that you know what goes around comes around, somehow?
Thanks

When Moses went up on the mountain, God gave him a meditation:

"I am that I am"

Like awareness of awareness, you know that you know.

The answer is not found in the external forms of things or in beliefs but in the truth that is within.

Then you begin to be more aware that this inner peace, this stillness that is within you IS YOU. For some people it could be gradual awakening and for others it could be suddenly awakening.

Peace and blessings :)
Mystic

Postby Admiral Akmir » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:50 pm

Ervin wrote:What about in this life, would you say that you know what goes around comes around, somehow?

Thanks

Not in the sense that there's some supernatural force at play to right a wrong.

You get what you give, it's just that simple. If you speak poorly of other people, and do bad things, people will push you away. If you have low self esteem and hate yourself, you will surround yourself with people who have the same kind of energy.
Admiral Akmir

Postby DavidB » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:02 am

Ervin wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks

No, there is no punishment. The only form of punishment is the pain and suffering we might cause ourselves and others through acts of unconsciousness.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Onceler » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:34 pm

We punish ourselves because we are conditioned to. That's all. It takes some effort and non effort to achieve escape velocity.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby kutto » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:30 am

God offers only correction not punishment
God has no punishment in Him
kutto

Postby maaref » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:06 pm

Reward/Punish would only apply if you are catch by its focus. Heaven and hell could be similar to this world. If you are not catch up by it (i.e. you are truly conscious) you wouldn't not take it seriously (even if events around you are considered by the common human mentality as such). Similarly, heaven and hell have no significance for you if you are not catch up by it.

Think about it as a meter to evaluate your conscious. If you feel attracted to a reward/punishment, then reflect on yourself and adjust your thoughts and/or behaviour accordingly.
maaref

Return to General Discussion