The Deep Sleep

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

The Deep Sleep

Postby Mystic » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:16 am

It is written in the Bible that God put Adam into a deep sleep and then Adam became divided in two. The serpent(ego) was also there, doing its job and tempting them to eat of the tree of duality. Perhaps the mind is like a garden and thoughts are the seeds... Jesus says in the Gospel of Thomas that the two must again be one...

22. Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the (Father's) kingdom."

They said to him, "Then shall we enter the (Father's) kingdom as babies?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter the kingdom."

Sometimes pondering over these questions can be helpful. I ask myself ...am I asleep?

Maybe Adam represents the conscious aspect, and Eve represents the subconscious aspect of the divided mind. The serpent or ego is hidden below the conscious aspect and is like a shroud or veil over the subconscious which is considered to be much more powerful than the conscious. Eve is the mother, or creator, of all living which means that God is in our subconscious. I think maybe God is also our super-conscious but i am not sure how to describe that. :D
Mystic

Re: The Deep Sleep

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:47 am

My very first memory and I guess 'question' was waking up in my cot as a toddler, before my older sister was awake.

I clearly remember trying to figure it out --- (still haven't really) how come, when we come here in a big sleep from there, why do we have little sleeps here?

The questioning was interrupted when my wobbling little legs collapsed and huge funny sound erupted from my bottom hitting the mattress :wink:
But it still intrigues me. I sleep like a rock, but think I'm awake when I'm not sleeping (here)... but the question & references above remain.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Re: The Deep Sleep

Postby Mystic » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:36 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:My very first memory and I guess 'question' was waking up in my cot as a toddler, before my older sister was awake.

I clearly remember trying to figure it out --- (still haven't really) how come, when we come here in a big sleep from there, why do we have little sleeps here?

The questioning was interrupted when my wobbling little legs collapsed and huge funny sound erupted from my bottom hitting the mattress :wink:
But it still intrigues me. I sleep like a rock, but think I'm awake when I'm not sleeping (here)... but the question & references above remain.

That might be a very good question to ask :D

We have little sleeps and separate dreams from the big dream.
Mystic

Return to General Discussion