Some thoughts on protecting family members

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Some thoughts on protecting family members

Postby Lazypoet » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:26 am

Hello all of you :)

I haven't been on this forum for a long time. Today I felt like I would like to share some problems that have been occurring in my life recently.

My mother in law and I have been very close for five years now, we have a wonderful relationship. About two years ago she joined the freemasonry "club". I feel like she is being brainwashed by them. I feel like maybe I shouldn't be judging since I also have done spiritual searching, but then again she only speaks about freemasonry now and their theories. The omnipresence of freemasonry annoys me beyond belief, if I talk about a book that I love (le petit prince, tintin, the lord of the rings) she will respond how there are tons of symbols from freemasonry in it. I feel like she is trying to convey me, to make me join them. It makes me avoid her more and more, cause I know she is going to talk about it. I feel like this "club" is taking over her mind, and telling her what to think and read. Now she is talking about the Rosicrucianism or Rose-Croix and her interest in it. Her uncle believes that aliens put adam and eve on the earth, and talks about "cosmologie".

So... being a practicing "spiritualist", should I be more accepting of her search, or is it okay that I'm sceptical and feel like I need to protect her from herself? Is it ego of me to want the old her back? I'm scared also she will make my boyfriend join her "club".

Thank you

Christoffer
Lazypoet

Re: Some thoughts on protecting family members

Postby dijmart » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:26 pm

I had to look up freemasonary to even know what you were talking about, it seems like a type of fraternity with eloborate ideas regarding symbols, ect. It seems harmless enough, I guess, but I didn't study it and never heard of it before.

When we try to control others and their beliefs, unless they truly are in danger or ask for our opinion, we can lose ourselves in the process. I'd let her ramble away, just say uh huh, yep, oh really...unless she's being out right ridiculous and you feel the need to speak up about it. Seriously, why frustrate yourself?

I'm into Vedanta, I don't speak about with my family and friends, they wouldn't understand and I'm not going to stop, so if they knew and didn't approve it wouldnt change anything. They would be frustrating themselves...see where I'm going with this?

Maybe she's just exploring it, wants to feel part of a group that's like minded, who knows. As long as she's not hurting herself or others I wouldn't worry about it.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Lazypoet » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:54 am

Yes I try to just nod my head to her theories. But it's frustrating at the same time when she somehow lectures us "lesser" people on everything she knows all the time. I will try to be patient and live my own life autonomous of her beliefs. I wish she would stop recruiting though.
Lazypoet

Postby Lazypoet » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:57 am

I believe in freemasonry they do believe that they have to get to a certain rank to "unlock" a secret text. This annoys me. It's a cultish thing I don't like.

In rose-croix, i think they believe that adam and eve was placed on earth by aliens. So...
Lazypoet

Postby dijmart » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:58 pm

If you feel the need you could tell her your concerns and ask her to not discuss it with you. However, you will have to then deal with her feelings regarding what you've said. Other then that, I don't see anything else you could do, except take this as a lesson of how to feel annoyed and frustrated, but don't take action to change it and don't obsess about it either. If you can't do that then speak up.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Return to General Discussion