Religious vs Secular and Conservative vs liberal

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Religious vs Secular and Conservative vs liberal

Postby jtightlips21 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:02 am

I have noticed that in these different groups, there is a lot of back and fourth fighting, where each side thinks that they are more clear headed, non-biased, and right, while the other is brainwashed, biased and wrong. Whether its Religious institutions accusing universities of indoctrinating students or the Educational institutions accusing the churches of indoctrinating the flock, while never considering their own biases, or the other sides points. Then I see it with the Left accusing Fox News of unbalanced news, and the right accusing MSNBC of unbalanced news. Or anti-establishment people calling the pro-establishment people sheeple, and disparage anything mainstream. While the pro-establishment people often think the anti-establishment ones are bitter conspiracy theorists and dont consider anything unofficial as legitimate.

I have begun to see that all the sides are functioning on the Egos need to be right, intelligent and just and the other side to be wrong, stupid or evil
jtightlips21

Re: Religious vs Secular and Conservative vs liberal

Postby dijmart » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:10 am

You would be correct! People think they are right, because of the ego. This will not change, as people will continue to think they are right. They identify as the "person/jiva", not awareness. I don't believe enough people will awaken to their true nature at the same time to make a significant difference, at least not any time soon. Just enjoy the ride and don't get caught up in the drama, as much as you can. Sure do your part to make change, if you feel inspired, but don't think it effects your true nature as awareness, because it doesn't. As awareness you know this is appearing "to/in" you. So, there will always be conflict. As the world is Mithya, apparently real.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby jtightlips21 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:31 pm

I find that we easily fall into the mindset that Absolutism is the cause and solution to our problems. Plus, there is always that looming fear of Relativism. I usually compare this to the Libertarian Politics where they believe in some rule of law in order to ensure liberty. This usually goes that without law, what is to stop someone from oppressing another, and what is going to stop a dictator from coming into power. Yet, on the other hand, law also seems to be an enemy, if it starts to over regulate.

I would say the whole point is that there is a fear that if we dont have absolute grounds to stand on, then anything goes, which eventually turns into little goes. But then even relativism which is so strongly feared is nothing but a mind made concept.
jtightlips21

Postby dijmart » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:16 pm

Personally, I was never one to get into politics or the like and religion..forget about it! I may have an opinion here and there, but nothing that rocks my world. Not yet at least. Not saying it couldn't happen. It's just not an interest of mine and certainly not worth fighting about with people.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Return to General Discussion