Loner?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Loner?

Postby athena777 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:23 pm

I was wondering if it's okay to be a loner or if that's a form of resistance and ego. Thanks!
athena777

Re: Loner?

Postby dijmart » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:20 am

I guess it would depend why your a loner? Are you hiding from the world or do you just prefer to be alone? I love being alone, but often have to be with people and that's fine too, but I cherish my alone time.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby athena777 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:48 pm

I'm a loner for a lot of reasons. Mainly, it makes it easier to meditate and remain mindful. Once in a while I like to socialize, but I much prefer solitude. I see myself as "loner/hedonist" split, possibly a "lone wolf." I would hate having to be around people all the time.
athena777

Postby dijmart » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:46 am

athena777 wrote:I'm a loner for a lot of reasons. Mainly, it makes it easier to meditate and remain mindful. Once in a while I like to socialize, but I much prefer solitude. I see myself as "loner/hedonist" split, possibly a "lone wolf." I would hate having to be around people all the time.

I had to look up hedonist, never heard of it before. Anyways, anything you hate, will make you suffer if you have to be in the circumstance, so learning to be ok with it is your best bet. Tonight I went to my works Christmas party for the first time in 5 years. I had a good time and I'm glad I went. I was the first to leave, but at least I went.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Return to General Discussion