Observation and Q for admins/mods !

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Observation and Q for admins/mods !

Postby painBody » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:18 am

I noticed something, being a software engineer.

When I click on "View your posts" on this forum, the web address that takes me to is "http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth.info/search.php?search_id=egosearch" (note the query parameter in bold text)

My mind can't help but make the following association - Is the search ID ("egosearch") for the search of one's own posts a reference to the ego ? If I'm searching for my own posts, then I'm being egoic ? Is that what it means ?

If so, it is amusing :) I wonder what other cool little references abound on this site :D
painBody

Re: Observation and Q for admins/mods !

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:57 pm

painBody wrote:If so, it is amusing I wonder what other cool little references abound on this site

Nice catch. I'm guessing the people who built the platform did it. It is quite curious though.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby runstrails » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:55 pm

That is really interesting, PB! Great observation!

I wonder if it has to do with Eric's (site's founder) cool sense of humor :D.
runstrails

Postby rachMiel » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:29 pm

Tolle forum Easter eggs!

Very cool. Who knows ... maybe there's a story encoded in the site, an epic tale of transcendence and tranformation?! :

I know a guy ... who knows a guy ... who thought that, hidden between the lines of all of the greatest books of humanity was a single "overarching" story: that of Truth itself. He dedicated his life to finding it ... and ended up in an institution, I think. (There's a lesson to be learned in there, somewhere. ;-) )
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby dijmart » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:53 pm

He dedicated his life to finding it ... and ended up in an institution, I think. (There's a lesson to be learned in there, somewhere. ;-) )

:lol:
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby rachMiel » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:24 pm

Hey, sometimes I *wish* I had ended up in an institution. (I guess I still have time ... ?) The notion of my worldly needs being taken care of so I could devote my full energy to The Process ... is quite alluring. :-)
rachMiel

Postby dijmart » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:12 pm

rachMiel wrote:Hey, sometimes I *wish* I had ended up in an institution. (I guess I still have time ... ?) The notion of my worldly needs being taken care of so I could devote my full energy to The Process ... is quite alluring. :-)

Watch what you wish for....
dijmart

Postby painBody » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:37 pm

rachMiel wrote:Hey, sometimes I *wish* I had ended up in an institution. (I guess I still have time ... ?) The notion of my worldly needs being taken care of so I could devote my full energy to The Process ... is quite alluring. :-)

I have had the same wish, myself, after watching (and loving) "Girl, Interrupted". I could be the male Lisa Rowe.

I like to think that an institution like that would make more sense than this insane world does.

Sshhhhh.
painBody

Postby dijmart » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:53 pm

All you have to do is tell a doctor or an ER your going to hurt yourself or someone else AND you have a plan to do so, you'll be in a mental hospital faster then you can blink an eye......have fun.
dijmart

Postby painBody » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:04 am

dijmart wrote:All you have to do is tell a doctor or an ER your going to hurt yourself or someone else AND you have a plan to do so, you'll be in a mental hospital faster then you can blink an eye......have fun.

:lol: :P :twisted: :roll:
painBody

Postby rachMiel » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:09 am

I'm tempted to ask you if you speak from experience but that would be kind of tactless so I won't ask or even mention it.
rachMiel

Postby painBody » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:36 am

dijmart wrote:All you have to do is tell a doctor or an ER your going to hurt yourself or someone else AND you have a plan to do so, you'll be in a mental hospital faster then you can blink an eye......have fun.

Actually, you need to do much less, to end up in a psych ward. All that's needed is for a friend/family member to suspect that you're suicidal and call 911.
painBody

Postby rachMiel » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:53 am

Let's all move to a lovely pastoral psych ward and get enlightened while eating gourmet institution food and getting great drugs!
rachMiel

Postby dijmart » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:09 am

rachMiel wrote:I'm tempted to ask you if you speak from experience but that would be kind of tactless so I won't ask or even mention it.

I'm currently a nurse and I use to be an EMT, I've worked in an ER and a psych hospital (only briefly), so I know the drill and I know about patients being involuntarily pink slipped.

With that said, I've been an employee at a psych hospital and a patient. No one, regardless of intellegence, is immune to mental illness. If you get it, you get it...kinda like multiple sclerosis, which I also have. Just was in the cards I guess.

I landed in a psych hospital twice for hurting myself (when I was 24 and then again at 38) and once because I was manic (at 41). I have Bipolar disorder.

Funny thing is, once I was at the psych hospital...I felt more sane then anyone else there... perhaps I was insane to think this, but it's how I felt. I wasn't throwing chairs across the room, punching walls and pulling my hair, that's for sure. So, yeah, contimplation on your true nature while there..lol...think not.

So, theres your answer.
dijmart

Postby dijmart » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:38 am

painBody wrote:

Actually, you need to do much less, to end up in a psych ward. All that's needed is for a friend/family member to suspect that you're suicidal and call 911.

Sometimes, it depends if you can convince them your not, when they show up, meaning it's your word against your family/friend.

However, if you call a help line and they think you're currently in trouble of actually committing suicide they can send the police (they'll trance your phone) and they will take you to the ER where you will then be pink slipped (and no this didn't happen to me).
dijmart

Next

Return to General Discussion