Disassociation when being in the now/awareness

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Disassociation when being in the now/awareness

Postby ARose91 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:39 pm

I've always struggled with derealization, whenever I try to be in the now, I feel disconnected from my surroundings and it's really scary. I find it difficult to be out in the world because of this, I feel like a ghost, I don't trust my judgments etc. How can I deal with this?
ARose91

Re: Disassociation when being in the now/awareness

Postby eputkonen » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:17 pm

ARose91 wrote:I've always struggled with derealization, whenever I try to be in the now, I feel disconnected from my surroundings and it's really scary. I find it difficult to be out in the world because of this, I feel like a ghost, I don't trust my judgments etc. How can I deal with this?

Sounds potentially like exactly the right direction...but the ego does not like it. Eckhart often talks about feel the spaciousness of the present. It is difficult to truly know what you are feeling, but from the description...it could be the spaciousness that is beyond (and within) every "thing". It could manifest as an experience of disconnection...but that spaciousness between "you" and "your surroundings" lets you just be with it without reacting to it.

Why do you find it difficult to be out in the world because of this?
Why don't you trust your judgments? Those judgments while being present are probably the most objective then...because you are more impartial by not really being involved.

It is not a mater of dealing with it...trying to get around it...changing it. I think this is one of those moments the ego freaks out because you are going the right way. You could stop, change direction, etc...but if you really want to progress, you need to go through it and deep into it. On the other side you may realize you can not be disconnected from anything and yet above it. In the world, but not of it.
Namaste,

~ Eric Putkonen
@EngagedNondual on Twitter
Blog at http://www.EngagedNonduality.com
eputkonen

Re: Disassociation when being in the now/awareness

Postby maaref » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Stay with that disassociation from reality for certain periods of time each day. Consider it as a period of mediation and reflection. But never over do it. Live your life as you live normally.

Awakening process takes time and effort. Reflecting for a period of time would open your mind towards subtleties you may not have noticed before. Take it one step at a time. No rush. If you have questions you need figuring out, ask as you go.
maaref

Return to General Discussion