Does Every Single Ego Suffer?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Does Every Single Ego Suffer?

Postby Rubber Soul » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:04 am

Do they all somehow even suffer the same amount?

I know there's no definite answer to this but I'm interested in the replies anyway.
Rubber Soul

Re: Does Every Single Ego Suffer?

Postby eputkonen » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Yes, every ego suffers (but only if the ego is still believed...see through the mirage of ego and suffering ends). So to some degree, it is suffering that reinforces the ego and being fooled by the mirage of ego.

Every ego does not suffer the same amount.
Namaste,

~ Eric Putkonen
@EngagedNondual on Twitter
Blog at http://www.EngagedNonduality.com - Insights into Nondualism and Living Awake & Engaged
eputkonen

Re: Does Every Single Ego Suffer?

Postby maaref » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:20 pm

I would say that no ego suffers. It is just our perception of events and our interpretation of them based on our own conditioning delude us into believing that we are experiencing suffering. But you won't buy that since it contradicts with your experience. So the alternative answer would be that yes every ego suffers and will always do. However, the difference to suffering about an awakened and unawakened person is that the first does not take it personally and the other takes it personally.

So, to answer your questions.

Does every single ego suffer? Yes.

Do they all somehow even suffer the same amount? Yes. It is just our perception of suffering which produces the illusion of variation in quantity/quality.
maaref

Return to General Discussion