Boredom

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Boredom

Postby dijmart » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:19 am

That's it, the end of seeking equals boredom! Sure the poor Jiva (person) needs some work but other then that...I'm damn bored! Would people start posting so I don't die of boredom already!!!
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Re: Boredom

Postby Mystic » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:16 pm

Levity can often alleviate boredom :D
Mystic

Postby rachMiel » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Hey, dijmart, I've heard nondual teachers talk about Awareness "forgetting" its true nature and mistaking itself for a body-mind object. This is clearly a metaphor, because how could Awareness ever not know/be its true nature? But, staying with that metaphor, maybe in your case Awareness is craving stimulus/excitement? Brahman hungry for some nice juicy Lila? Mebbe it's time for the dijmart Jiva to raise a little hell in the world of form? ;-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby dijmart » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Thanks guys, well I'm going to Vegas in a week, so maybe I'll raise some hell there. :lol:

Anyways, what I meant was "seeking" (reading the next book, watching the next video, etc) took up a lot of my free time. That movement or desire has fallen away mostly. So, leaves me with free time which I've yet to figure out what I want to do? Not a "problem" really just a bit bored.
dijmart

Postby maaref » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:04 pm

For anyone who feels bored and is in need to do something I would recommend:

1. Helping others in whatever capacity or form, directly or indirectly;
2. Hanging out/visiting family members and friends, even distant relatives (and specially orphans who need love, care and guidance);
3. Getting involved in social work and charity, even if its not a hard commitment, but something to do on the side;
4. Understanding the country's, regional and world dynamics and politics and doing the very little that you can do to improve humanity (even if its just condemning injustice that may be happening in any part of the world);
5. Taking care of your surroundings and environment;
6. Do anything that you can put out there but not attribute to your selfish needs.

In particular, for those who are married and/or have kids, love your spouse and accept them for who they are. Raise your kids to be better equipped to realise themselves (never force anything on them). Not to be materialized in a world where everything around them suggest otherwise.

Notwithstanding the above, you should not feel too attached and/or obligated to doing all or any of these stuff. Do not take it too seriously. Yourself first then others. Specially for those who are still trying to realise themselves, they need to train their muscle before handing additional loads. The more rooted you are in awareness, the greater good you would do.
maaref

Postby Onceler » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:07 am

Solid advice, maaref.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby dijmart » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Thanks for the advice..I always seem to have some issues when the seasons start to change, perhaps that's it, more then anything. It's that bipolar thingy. Just feeling a little restless. So, don't mind me..lol.

It takes me a minute to remember and/or notice, but when my husband said the time was changing this weekend I was like...bingo...that's the problem...the seasons are changing. The transition affects the "little me" for about a month twice a year (March/April and Oct/Nov).
dijmart

Postby Sighclone » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:37 am

...others call it Spring fever... :wink:

But it reminds me that we are, to a degree, creatures of climate - and this has been a pretty rough winter...now receding.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Sighclone » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:49 pm

dij -

In some recent post you distinguished a difference between enlightenment and Self-realization. Could you expand on that, maybe in a new thread?

Thanks,

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby dijmart » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:14 am

Sighclone wrote:dij -

In some recent post you distinguished a difference between enlightenment and Self-realization. Could you expand on that, maybe in a new thread?

Thanks,

Andy

I can't start a new thread right now, as I'm on vacation in Vegas. Just got in late last night.
dijmart

Postby Sighclone » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:06 am

Any time dij.

Andy
Sighclone

Postby DavidB » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:44 am

Boredom is the state of not wanting to be alone with yourself without distractions.

Allow yourself to be bored and simply see how it feels. If we bring attention into boredom, the boredom will transform, as being present is never boring.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Return to General Discussion