" higher power"

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

" higher power"

Postby logan65 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:29 pm

can you find a hp when unconscious?...been a member of aa for 22 years and that is what this pertains to...doesn't living unconsciously mean you are disconnected from true self and if you are how is that possible?.....tryin to settle a discussion.lol...a fellow traveler informed me that his hp tells him to take other folks inventory and to judge them and seems to me that's bs. aint that his ego tellin talkin and not hp?...I know this is a convoluted post but i'm an old man with an 8th grade education...
logan65

Re: " higher power"

Postby Admiral Akmir » Sun May 21, 2017 8:08 pm

can you find a hp when unconscious?...been a member of aa for 22 years and that is what this pertains to...doesn't living unconsciously mean you are disconnected from true self and if you are how is that possible?

Why do you want to find a higher power? What purpose do you hope the HP will serve in your life? Your true self is life itself. Go for a walk, sit somewhere and look at your surroundings. Listen to the silence, and allow your mind to be empty and take in only what you see. This is the only real truth that there is, this is what you are. Everything else is created by your mind, through the various filters and mechanisms you've learned over your lifetime. Could a higher power be this silence that exists when you stop and become fully present in the current moment?

It's a difficult concept, because you can't pray to it, you can't ask it for things, it is everything, and it is nothing. You can't have it, and you can't lose it, it's always there if you take the time to stop and observe it.

.....tryin to settle a discussion.lol...a fellow traveler informed me that his hp tells him to take other folks inventory and to judge them and seems to me that's bs. aint that his ego tellin talkin and not hp?...I know this is a convoluted post but i'm an old man with an 8th grade education...

How many higher powers are out there in the world? As many as there are people. Can he prove that his judgement of other people comes from some higher place? Why would a higher power want him to judge others? Has he been chosen as a divine messenger? If that were the case, then does it follow that other people don't have access to this higher power, and can only learn the truth through him? If there is some important message that the higher power wants them to know, wouldn't it be easier to tell them directly, instead of telling this man, so that he can tell them? Isn't the purpose of a higher power to guide us in personal growth? if so, then why does this supposed higher power seem so concerned with other people?

I'm not trying to rag on this guy, but just point out how troublesome this concept can become.
Admiral Akmir

Re: " higher power"

Postby logan65 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:54 pm

admiral yer respose make all the sense in the world to me and thanks a lot. this all pertains to alcoholics anonymous of which i'm a member.busy right now but i'll get back to this shortly.
logan65

Return to General Discussion