Barometer of spiritual progress

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
SpaBlauw33

Re: Barometer of spiritual progress

Post by SpaBlauw33 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:52 pm

That comes across like very humble of you, thank you. Please don't hold back. Presence, indeed, can only "be". Acceptance is (one of) the answer(s) to what I wrote. Just that.

Live a great day!

NuanceOfSuchness

Post by NuanceOfSuchness » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:44 pm

Onceler wrote:Totally agree WW. This kind of measurement, and desire for this kind of state, convinces me more and more that “enlightenment” has more in common with a dissociative disorder. A tricked up way to feel nothing....except perhaps a buzz of bliss that blocks human emotional responsiveness.
I wonder about how you might have attached yourself to the experience of enlightenment? This is strictly rhetorical; by that I'm encouraging you to look inwardly about how you relate to the state of enlightenment as oppose to formulating what it may or may not be using the English language. There's a particular energy in your above comment that is incongruous to the wakeful state or enlightenment.

I went through a phase where I started to hate the word 'enlightenment'. I had developed a relationship to its mysticism and came to learn that it lived inside of me as an abstraction and thus developed into a belief which has its definition rooted firmly in the absence of fact. What do you 'believe' about being awake? You may even be awake and in this instance you could, quite quickly, subjugate my reply and I'll accept the 'fool' role... but only momentarily. :wink:

Steve Taylor has just published a book titled The Leap in which he documents his ten year study on awakened individuals. For me, his book took the mysticism out of awakening and returned me back to a neutral position. Sometimes the idea of awakening can present in one of two extremes which is never helpful. The middle ground gives space and in this space I had my own temporary awakening.

Steve Taylor introduces his book, The Leap - https://youtu.be/PUeuV3C5IIg

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:06 am

I don’t have the energy to reply as these discussions no longer interest me, enlightenment is irrelevant to me and something I no longer desire. It appears to me a bait and switch, an endless game of spiritual three card Monte, ultimately based in fear and desire....but this is deeply suppressed individually and in the community. Walk away from the game and into your life. Check out my past posts if interested in my opinion, or just move on.

This is, of course, simply my opinion and experience after 30 years of chasing the dragon. I could be wrong, but I enjoy my life like never before since I quit the spiritual game and the chase. Curious, no?
Be present, be pleasant.

NuanceOfSuchness

Post by NuanceOfSuchness » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:41 am

I have a great incomparable presence of mind for your approach and your invitation for me to become curious with it. At the moment, Im not chasing anything; there's nothing I'm wanting so I will, in the gentlest possible way, decline.

Much kindness

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:59 pm

Just for the record I wasn’t asking you to be curious, just a turn of phrase meaning “weird, huh?” I think it’s very strange and paradoxical. You don’t have to do anything, of course. Peace out.
Be present, be pleasant.