The energy of a deindustrialised world

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
kutto

The energy of a deindustrialised world

Post by kutto » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:58 am

What would the energy of a deindustrialised world feel like?

By deindustrialised I dont mean we would go to extremes stop making goods or turn back to hunters and gatherers. But we wouldn't make mountains of 'stuff' and the money making aspect just wouldn't be that important any more. We just would have moved passed the materialism aspect of it

I think the things we would continue to make would be be much more personalised and 'cottage industry' made rather than traditionally industrial. Very large organisations would be simply not necessary.

People would enjoy what they did and there would be no 'pressure' to get it done. Things would still be hitech but always with a view to the end purpose and function rather than just the money that comes in once it leaves the gate.

Things would be harmonious and flow from the earth and back to the earth in a harmonious cycle and without over refinement.

Many of these things already take place of course but what would it feel like of it happened on a much larger scale...

I things would be a lot more peaceful and the daily grind would be only a memory...

Adamnut

Re: The energy of a deindustrialised world

Post by Adamnut » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:45 am

I agree with this. I do not know how to do it.

MissNikki

Re: The energy of a deindustrialised world

Post by MissNikki » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:09 pm

This sounds like it would be a lovely place to live in. Maybe some cottages spaced out across far lengths of land, still with a means of communication and maybe trading between goods that are grown on the land of those cottages ... hmm :)
Posted by MissNikki.