Yawning- ego dissolution?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Nikkyxo

Yawning- ego dissolution?

Post by Nikkyxo » Tue May 22, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi! Im new here so im not sure if This question has been discussed before. I've been reading Eckhart's book and completely loved it. It showed me everything discfuncional in me wasn't really me but my ego. And during the process of realizing the structure of ego in myself I've experienced a lot of yawning!! Everyttime I notice ego in me I start to yawn! I'm just wandering if somebody has an answer to it or could help me somehow! Forever grateful and sorry if the topic is already existing. :D

Webwanderer

Re: Yawning- ego dissolution?

Post by Webwanderer » Tue May 22, 2018 9:45 pm

Hello, Nikkyxo. Welcome to the forum.

How do you perceive the distinction between you and your ego?

WW

Nikkyxo

Post by Nikkyxo » Tue May 22, 2018 11:22 pm

Hi,thank you for welcoming me. Well after reading eckharts book the new earth I started to observe egoic patterns in me. E.g. Blaming, judging,comparing myself to others... My ego is the victim one. And the more I saw the disfunctional thoughts and egoic structure in me/my body/ mind more I started to yawn and feel physical aches in my body. What interests me if anyone noticed that? Is that the shift in the mind and body? And the question I ask myself the most how will I know if I've reached that egoless state?
Eckhart's book resonated the most with my beacause everything he mentioned in his book I saw in myself. The whole disfunctional structure that the ego in his view is. Honestly I've felt since then like someone has taken sunglasses off my eyes and everything suddenly feels different.
P.S. Sorry everyone for eventual grammar mistakes, English is not my native language.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Thu May 24, 2018 4:10 pm

Nikkyxo wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:22 pm
And the more I saw the disfunctional thoughts and egoic structure in me/my body/ mind more I started to yawn and feel physical aches in my body.
This is not uncommon. The reason is that when one becomes quieter and more introspective, we start to notice things we didn't before because of the mind running willy-nilly. It's not that such issues weren't there, it's just that we see what we didn't before.
And the question I ask myself the most how will I know if I've reached that egoless state?
You'll know because you'll be present and clear of beliefs and automated thought streams. That said, I recommend you don't get hung up on becoming egoless. It's a fools errand that is run by the ego itself. It's a desire that only the ego holds.

Rather, focus on clarity and enjoy life experience directly instead of through constructed thought patterns. Work to find thought free experience of the present moment. Finding moments of clarity are essential to aligning with our inner guidance. Alignment is the origin of insight and inspiration that has application in all areas of our life. The ego, rightly seen, is a tool for interaction in this human environment. See it for what it is and apply it with skill and appropriateness. Life can be fun indeed.

WW