Despair and depression disappears when I listen to Eckhart Tolle, even when I'm not listening

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
alchemizt

Despair and depression disappears when I listen to Eckhart Tolle, even when I'm not listening

Post by alchemizt » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:52 pm

These waves of deep depression been hitting me, I'm going into despair, I be feeling it and accepting it as best I can but been struggling, then I listen to Eckhart Tolle and suddenly I'm able to accept the depressed feeling, I'm outta despair. Even when I'm not listening to what hes actually saying, just have his voice playing. WTF is going on?

Webwanderer

Re: Despair and depression disappears when I listen to Eckhart Tolle, even when I'm not listening

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:27 pm

Alignment.

WW

randomguy

Re: Despair and depression disappears when I listen to Eckhart Tolle, even when I'm not listening

Post by randomguy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:32 pm

Webwanderer wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:27 pm
Alignment.
I used to listen to a lot of Tolle. His voice was like medicine. I supposed it was a good counter to the habitual unexamined stories that arise and get attention and reaction and feel so real. Tolle speaks from that still place. In one of his talks he compared his role to that of a midwife assisting in what is happening anyway. The baby is coming anyway he said. At some point those stories that underly the depression, the heavy stories of the false sense of self they go away. They are temporary and one way or another they will end. Listening to Tolle to those messages coming from stillness provided a view, a visceral experience of what it's like when those stories lose power. WW hit it on the head, alignment, the natural sense of being free of the silly yet painful stories. Undisturbed beingness is always there under the surface suffering. He speaks from there and points to there. What you say about the words not being important, I think we would find Tolle quick to agree, they are not really and he has said as much. None of them are absolutely true. They only exist to counter the commonly false stories. They only point to what is already true within and don't have purpose other than pointing to our true nature.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho