Effort and struggle in awakening - The mind up to it's old tricks?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
alchemizt

Effort and struggle in awakening - The mind up to it's old tricks?

Post by alchemizt » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:03 pm

A big source of suffering for me has been my mind telling me that I need to struggle, need to fight, need to put in constant effort to awaken. It's deeper than that, it's tied in with my identity, the mind tells me that unless I struggle and fight and put in constant effort then I'm not worthy. Is this just one of the egoic minds tricks? The part that catches me is I see that sometimes when I put no effort in, I can slip into self destructive patterns.

Webwanderer

Re: Effort and struggle in awakening - The mind up to it's old tricks?

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:26 pm

alchemizt wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:03 pm
A big source of suffering for me has been my mind telling me that I need to struggle, need to fight, need to put in constant effort to awaken. It's deeper than that, it's tied in with my identity, the mind tells me that unless I struggle and fight and put in constant effort then I'm not worthy. Is this just one of the egoic minds tricks?
Definitely. Anytime there is a question of worth it's born of the self judgment of ego. Worth is not in question in this human experience - except of course in the distorted bias of the ego's judgment (which is a key element of human purpose). Source, our Infinite Being, is unconditionally loving. There is no judgment. There is only appreciation for the willingness to explore some very challenging possibilities and their value towards the evolution of Consciousness and Being. We are not separate from that Source, but an extension of it in this human form exploring life from this unique perspective. Nothing is lost. Our worth is unquestioned.

WW