Crippled with fear

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
wanderingsoul

Crippled with fear

Post by wanderingsoul » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:27 pm

I somehow self created an extreme situation where I feel intense fear, sadness, grief, unworthiness, shame, all these aspects of myself Id been suppressing and repressing and it feels like the whole worlds caved in that Im so unbelievable fucked its beyond comprehension. And at the same time I dont really feel that fucked. Theres a bit of space even when I get overwhelmed. Its tricky cuz I feel like I cant move, the fear is so intense I kinda froze. It seems fear is the main energy my pain body carries. Is the process of transmuting it the same as in feel it to heal it. When facing the fear is it best to focus more on the feeling of the fear itself or do you push yourself to do what the fear tells you not to or both

ThatAwareness

Re: Crippled with fear

Post by ThatAwareness » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:10 pm

Notice these emotions, be still and see them clearly. Become fully aware of how they feel and feel them fully. But be alert, don't let the emotions become 'you'. Open your heart and embrace them, for they truly love you.

turiya

Post by turiya » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:21 am

wanderingsoul wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:27 pm
And at the same time I dont really feel that fucked. Theres a bit of space even when I get overwhelmed.
This is good. Any space at all means you're not completely identified with the feelings.
wanderingsoul wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:27 pm
When facing the fear is it best to focus more on the feeling of the fear itself...
Before anything, I think it's most important to establish who/what "faces the fear"... who/what focuses on feelings.

Is it "you", the person? Is it your mind?... or something beyond?
“We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived.” - Wei Wu Wei

turiya

Post by turiya » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:29 am

runstrails posted this youtube video recently:

https://youtu.be/YTMj2N3D898?t=46m10s

Swami Sarvapriyananda tells a funny, relevant story ~46 min into it.
:wink:
“We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived.” - Wei Wu Wei