We came from the universe but we also made the universe

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Nyseto

We came from the universe but we also made the universe

Post by Nyseto » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:58 pm

I was having this conversation with someone and they were looking at me as if I’m crazy and telling me that the world is still there whether you are dead or alive. While that is true, the world is also just a chemical reaction in our brains. Everything we see, everything we perceive, is all a perception in our brains. What we really see in front of us is also the same as just an image of it in our brains. Light enters our eyes where we have rods and cones and then our brain processes that information while instantaneously giving us the ability to see. Same with hearing and sound waves causing vibrations in our eardrums, same with touching and nerve endings. It’s as if we are in the world and then the world is in us and then we are in the world and then the world is in us, infinitely regressing. That’s what the basis of oneness must be. If you look at yin and yang, each half contains the essence of the other.

If a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound? Sure it does, but in order to even ask that question, you have to be alive, there has to be an awareness of it. I was told if we create the universe, how come we can’t magically create a plant with the wave of our hand? However, 2000 years ago we thought the same thing about flying and now voila, we can fly. If this universe is full of infinite possibilities, then there must be some being out there that can create a plant with the wave of their hand. We can send a message to someone on the other side of the world instantaneously, and that on its own is magical enough as it is.
"There is no such thing as enlightenment. The appreciation of this fact is itself enlightenment." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

rachMiel

Re: We came from the universe but we also made the universe

Post by rachMiel » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:03 pm

Nyseto wrote:It’s as if we are in the world and then the world is in us and then we are in the world and then the world is in us, infinitely regressing.
Indra's Net

Far away in the heavenly abode of the great god Indra, there is a wonderful net which has been hung by some cunning artificer in such a manner that it stretches out infinitely in all directions. In accordance with the extravagant tastes of deities, the artificer has hung a single glittering jewel in each "eye" of the net, and since the net itself is infinite in dimension, the jewels are infinite in number. There hang the jewels, glittering "like" stars in the first magnitude, a wonderful sight to behold. If we now arbitrarily select one of these jewels for inspection and look closely at it, we will discover that in its polished surface there are reflected all the other jewels in the net, infinite in number. Not only that, but each of the jewels reflected in this one jewel is also reflecting all the other jewels, so that there is an infinite reflecting process occurring.

— Francis Cook
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...