Simple life

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
oak tree

Simple life

Post by oak tree » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:22 pm

Have other forum members lives become a lot simpler?

Have noticed a lot of interests have disappeared. Reading / watching news less. Rarely switch on TV anymore. Dressing more simply. Very rarely wear makeup. Little interest in shopping now and notice very little wanting when shopping.

Enjoy spending time in nature. Walking or moving body feels good. Spend quite a bit of time being - not meditating just sitting in stillness. Working enough hours to pay the bills. Eating less but appreciating it more.

Dcdc

Re: Simple life

Post by Dcdc » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Yes, I think so.

My practice basically brings my self to the present moment the most that I can. All the other things, including words/forms/concepts/interpretations about everything (as presence, non dualism, etc, for example), I just drop.

Consequently, life indeed becomes easier and simplier. The real world is so easier and calmer, hehehehe.

I have a cat, you know? And she is a wonderful event. We have to be as cats; we have just to be one moment of perception at time, here and now. This is what she does, hehehehe, and her life is quite good and simple.

Let's enjoy :-)

kiki

Post by kiki » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:12 am

My outer life is quite simple, and for the most part no longer driven by outside factors. To others it might look rather boring, but from the most honest perspective, that of consciousness itself, it is simply what it is. There is contentment, peace and deep stillness no matter what I'm doing, and that's about as good as it gets in my book.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Loffe

Post by Loffe » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:32 am

Outer level is not much changed in the meaning of doing. What is changed is how I do - "must do" is replaced with enjoying what I do. Relationships with family and people generally are much better. Compassion towards everyone, positivity. As I see it all grows from simplicity - not many stories about situations and self.
I love to drive with the car, somehow doing that pushes me into a deeper presence and funnily shopping for foods works the same way. I think it's because of many colours of different packages. Where I live we have now snowless winter and everything is grey so maybe this is the reason.
Yes, everything is simpler and enjoyable.
Loffe

PureLand

Post by PureLand » Tue May 28, 2019 5:58 pm

When the total disidentification from the mind happens, life really becomes very simple externally and internally because there is very deep peace and happiness in that state of being. I just experienced that kind of state of consciousness just few minutes ago(it is happening more frequently in the last times) and I realized again that just "being" is more than enough to be happy, peaceful and content with life. A person would naturally create a simple external life after that state of consciousness becomes permanent in one's life.

Loffe

Post by Loffe » Wed May 29, 2019 6:11 am

I found that external life became simpler in a sense of perceiving. What i do is way more complex compared to how/what I did before but at the same time it's easy and simple. But yes, just being is enough. Can't even describe that. Feeling that I'm at home now - always?

PureLand

Post by PureLand » Wed May 29, 2019 4:01 pm

Loffe wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:11 am
I found that external life became simpler in a sense of perceiving. What i do is way more complex compared to how/what I did before but at the same time it's easy and simple. But yes, just being is enough. Can't even describe that. Feeling that I'm at home now - always?
Feeling at I'm home now- always is possible, in the past it was kind like a belief for me but later on ı realized that it is the true nature of all things and it is the natural and inevitable result of the good practise. It is the result of the permanent disidentification from the mind, forms. In that state of being everything is very simple and enjoyable as you wonderfully described in your posts.

Today I entered to the deep presence states again, few times, and each time I just closed the eyes and sit still, drank tea, water etc...And I was in complete bliss and contentment and didn't need anything more. I don't say that I am in that state all the time now, but it seems like I am getting closer to have that state of being permanently. And as kiki describes wonderfully in his post, this state of being is really beautiful. It is ever present really, we just don't shifted are state of frequency to the unconditioned state of conscioussness, yet, that's why it is temporary for most of us. But eventually we will all get there and really enjoy the gifts that we get from the spiritual journey.

But a person can enjoy life before getting to that state, permanently, that's also the beauty of the practise. If a person really practises presence all the day, there will be periods of great peace and contentment. Dan Harris wrote a book--I never read it but it's title says something: "10% happier". So generally this can the case for the good presence practitioners. Also maybe it is 16% percent happier for some people nobody can make that math really-LOL.

That's why as the students of Eckhart we are all lucky because most of the people are really in the dream state, running all the time in their minds and they are in complete suffering state really. Even that suffering is the reality for the presence practitioners untill they reach a point, there is a greater darkness and suffering for the ordinary people who don't even have half a second of awareness in their entire life. That's why having the gifts of the presence practise and as a result having a more simple external life is a miracle and good fortune, blessing for us.