NDE, Dying, Nonduality--Ted Talk

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
runstrails

NDE, Dying, Nonduality--Ted Talk

Post by runstrails » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:28 pm

by Dr. Peter Fenwick who is a neuropsychiatrist and has studied dying and NDE for a long time. Credible, backed by research and eloquent. I think you'll enjoy this:

Hour long interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78SkTuk ... N4-w0GESXY

Ted Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTj2TEHVqTc

It's not about whether you believe in NDE or not. Its about dying well and what happens at death and it takes away the fear of death. I could relate to many aspects of this.

Webwanderer

Re: NDE, Dying, Nonduality--Ted Talk

Post by Webwanderer » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:50 am

I agree. Highly recommended. Even with all the research I've done into NDE's and afterlife studies, I found this hour long discussion quite valuable.

WW

DavidB

Post by DavidB » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:03 pm

Thanks, I will being checking this out, I've always had a fascination with the NDE.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

PureLand

Post by PureLand » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:56 pm

Thanks for sharing this great talk with us.

Another great talk about afterlife and NDE: What It’s Like In The Spirit World After We Die: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekghf8c4nGM

Note: To become free from the cycle of re-birth, go to the higher heavens and permanently return to the divine reality -spiritual development in the physical life time is necessary.("Presentation at the Monroe Institute by William Buhlman author of Adventures Beyond the Body." talk is about the subject)

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:43 pm

Great links, thanks all. Jac O'Keeffe spoke about the non-physical spirit world at the last SAND conference, also. Nanci Danison is also a favorite of mine on this topic - she has written 5 books - here is a link to a short concise interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkzCu8zQ1g0

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:23 am

Thanks for sharing Trails. I read this yesterday, watched the Ted talk, mind wandered off... lol...

It was 'missing' something, and I've realised what that was, for me.
It's great that death is a part of life, and dying well, etc etc is coming out, but it's not for death's sake, it's for life's sake. By accepting death, we live better lives. By understanding, particularly the stuff usually brought into awareness in an nde, we make better conscious choices.

A number of my new awarenesses, brought by the nde was 'correcting' things previously believed to be true, that therefore limited choices within the unlimitless.

One of these things was the notion of linear time. It just was not 'true'. But, to explain what was 'true' in the more unlimited awareness state, was one of those things that we struggle with the words and the concepts.

As usual (and funny-tingly) if we pause, as I did on replying, even if we don't know what that thing is, the energy finds like and manifests out of the unlimited potentials.

Pausing here cos the next notion - how willing are we to suspend our beliefs in order to open up to different energy flows all available within potential? and how open are we for those other potentials to emerge in our awareness? By doing so, the answer/s appear.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:37 am

Not sure if this thread is the right place, but it's here :wink:
After pausing, this information came into my awareness --- and by golly, it 'nearly' has it!
https://physics-astronomyblog.blogspot. ... 1WyUHqZsXo

I love this - "Dr. Skow believes that in a so-called ‘block universe- a theory which states that the past, present and future exist simultaneously.
In other words, this means that once an even has occurred, it continues to exist somewhere in space-time." this is energetically consistent with observations in nde consciousness. But, I disagree with the opening line in the article, and wonder if the scientist says this, or if the intricacy has been misunderstood - "According to a new controversial theory, everything around us is intricately planned, and each and everyone’s destiny has already been decided."

This speaks to the many conversations we've had about 'free will' and what it is and isn't.
Awareness, capacity and willingness 'limit' or extend our awareness of, and capacity to engage with and in the various energy flows by resonance. An angry energy cannot be accessed from a state of love and compassion for example, therefore potentials in anger will not 'appear' to be available as a path. It doesn't mean they're not there, it's just that we and they are not open and attracted to each other.

Every 'potential' is eternally available in energy, and potential pathways linked in a really intricate way. Think of an unlimited spiderweb, or the energy trails in the universe (or the neuron of a mouse's brain if you've seen that picture comparing the two) - But, 'decided' is not quite accurate imho.

Through our awareness, capacity and therefore willingness, based on either our knowledge gained in experience, or our beliefs - we are more likely to choose - consciously or unconsciously one path over multitudes of others. Energy meets like energy, so e.g. in order to flow down a path of anger or of love, one would have to be in that energy range/state. And each choice/energy state then leads to multiple other choices and energy flows.

We can see this even in our brains - moving from Alpha, Beta, Delta etc. there are 'limitations' based only on the energetic frequency of our experience - but if we change that state, that frequency we then open up different potentials.

One can 'go back' and choose differently but it would likely take a number of conscious choices and 'realisations' of a potential better path to take. As simple as an 'aha' moment, and changing our course consciously.

All potentials of experience and all energetic potential are eternally and simultaneously available - if we are open to them. Most of the time though we don't cognitively recognise that there is any relationship between energies, and take a pause. (is kinda how I saw it).

So by raising our awareness of what death is, and isn't. We raise our awareness of what life is, and isn't.

By choosing acceptance, enjoyment and enthusiasm we generate, accommodate and flow with different energy frequencies and open up different potentials.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

runstrails

Post by runstrails » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:06 am

Hi Jen,
Good to hear from you! I thought of you when I saw the hour long interview. He talks about NDE during childbirth and perhaps that was true for you as well.
I like what you say--indeed, understanding death is so that we can live without fear and better understanding of our true nature.
Hope all is well!