CANNOT cope with this fear

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
SamiT

CANNOT cope with this fear

Post by SamiT » Wed May 15, 2019 10:43 pm

I literally cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel.

I am so fed up it's untrue. This is not a life I am not living it absolutely sucks. I am so full of fear it consumes me.

Went to the gym to try and feel healthier in myself. Hasn't eaten anything went on the treadmill pushed myself a little within 10 minutes I had to come off because I was pouring with sweat tingling and was going to faint. Led on the bathroom floor for a while went home my heart was pounding and thought I was dying. Went to the hospital (again) all tests okay been referred for a 24 hour heart monitor which I've had before.

Now I'm too frightened to go back to the gym and try to work out and get fitter again in case I die.

What the heck is this consumed of fear. I literally hate my life.

Webwanderer

Re: CANNOT cope with this fear

Post by Webwanderer » Thu May 16, 2019 2:39 pm

These short videos will help you understand what's happening with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7KQsS2kLM4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKFEkO3Qss

WW

SamiT

Post by SamiT » Thu May 16, 2019 5:43 pm

Thanks WW.

I just don’t know how to get through this I really don’t.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Thu May 16, 2019 9:19 pm

I think maybe what you don't know is how to muster the energy to refocus your thinking. You know what needs to be done. Joe Dispenza is a great resource in how to change this for you. He has several videos available on YouTube besides the one I linked above.

Follow his instructions. Immerse yourself in his guidance. You can do this. There is no need to suffer like this. Your life experience will change if you only follow through. It begins with making a determined choice.

WW

SamiT

Post by SamiT » Thu May 16, 2019 9:23 pm

Thanks WW!

I am very determined I mean so determined I hate living like this. It’s so exhausting and fearful. I’m in fear every minute of everyday. I will have a look at joes videos.

I am now thinking that my ego is too strong surely consciousness does not want me to suffer like this? 😓

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Thu May 16, 2019 11:51 pm

Remember, your ego is your own creation. You give it its strength by the arguments you make that it is strong. You give it substance by the qualities you define as self. Be dismissive of limiting identifications. Treat them with disinterest. Disinterest cuts off a belief's energy. It then dies of neglect. Good riddance.

Laugh at it even - in how you bought the narrative of the identifications that currently grip you. (We all bought a lot of garbage in our lives. Screw the old ways of thinking. Move forward.) Know you can create new ways of thinking of your 'self'. It's simply the way of growth.
...surely consciousness does not want me to suffer like this?
I think consciousness, in regards to this level of being, doesn't much care. To Consciousness it's all grist for the mill. Understand, we are in a creative experience. There is no right or wrong from the perspective of higher consciousness. There is only cause and effect, and there is value in all of it. I would suggest however, that there is the greatest value in overcoming the things that challenge us most. You see your state as just extreme suffering. Consciousness likely sees it as opportunity.

What is the greater measure of growth? One who has the easy life and just coasts through 80 years or so and then dies peacefully in his/her sleep, or the one who had hell to go through and turned things around to find the power in creative thinking, overcoming and awakening to their true nature? Remember how it feels to accomplish a difficult task. That's money in the bank to the growth of spirit.

Your problems may not be as much of a curse as you currently see them. They may well be a Divine gift of opportunity. See it as such. Treat it as such. Enormous rewards await in the form of consciousness expansion and evolution.

WW

SamiT

Post by SamiT » Fri May 17, 2019 9:51 am

WW

please can you expand a bit more on this....... “Know you can create new ways of thinking of your 'self'. It's simply the way of growth.”

Thanks

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Fri May 17, 2019 2:29 pm

SamiT wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:51 am
please can you expand a bit more on this....... “Know you can create new ways of thinking of your 'self'. It's simply the way of growth.”
Sure, and a very good question.

'Self' is who and what you are as a conscious being without all the identifiers. It is 'I Am' - free of any limiting beliefs - and pretty much all beliefs are limiting. The reality in this world is that we need to think of our self in certain ways in order to function here. How we think of our selves is a choice however - one we have made in the past and is now an adopted belief, or one we choose to make consciously now.

You experience the things that you do because of the beliefs/identifiers that you currently hold. But are they true? For you they are or else they wouldn't be a belief. They are however, more habit than reality. Fundamentally they are not true in that they can be changed. They can be discarded and replaced. The Dispenza video I sent you explains this in excellent detail.

Look at your own quotes in how you describe yourself in just these two lines.
I literally cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel.

I am so fed up it's untrue. This is not a life I am not living it absolutely sucks. I am so full of fear it consumes me.
"I am so fed up..." "I am not living..." "I am so full of fear..." These are all identifiers in that they are acknowledgements in your life experience. This is how you think of yourself. "I am".. whatever. These statements are emotionally charged creators. Learn to recognize them. They focus life energy into creating the experience you are having. They are the root of your problem. If you want to change your experience, stop thinking this way, and replace it with thinking in a way that you would like to be.

Get quiet, close your eyes and take some deep breaths. Clear your mind of all thinking. Just observe for a few moments, without any thoughts, or wordless assumptions about yourself, or about life in general. Just feel your own being. Be curious. Observe the emptiness. Some recommend observing your breath as you do so rhythmically. This quiet state is where Tolle points to as the Power of Now. Because in that quiet state changes can be born. New life experiences get their seeds for future expressions. But like most any new life, it takes a bit of time to grow. You didn't get where you are without a time of growing. You remain where you are because you continue to feed it emotionally charged fearful attention. It's time to begin a new creation.

Once you recognize the quiet state, think - with deep feeling - "wouldn't it be great if...", and then imagine how you would like to be, how you would like life to be for you. "Wouldn't it be great to be healthy of mind and body." "Wouldn't it be great to be free of this fear". "Wouldn't it be great to enjoy life." Imagine what these things would be like. See yourself having fun and laughing. Feel them. Bask in the thought. Do this over and over. Feel what such thoughts feel like in your consciousness and being. Appreciate the vision and feeling.

If you want your life to change, this is how it happens. The feeling/emotion in you imagining brings creative energy to bear on the thoughts that you hold. As you repeat this with regularity, both in meditation and moments throughout your day, you will reprogram your mind, new beliefs will form, and life changes will begin happening. Don't judge the process. Simply believe in it. Changes may be subtle at first and may take a few weeks to manifest. It doesn't matter. The only real change that matters is your wilful thinking and focus of attention. The rest will follow in its own time. What have you got to lose? Oh yeah, your pain.

Enjoy the feeling of your imaginings. Never say they aren't working. Practice will make them clearer. The imaginings are things unto themselves. Enjoy them for what they are and they will grow. Know you are creating a new life for yourself.

WW

Alicia

Post by Alicia » Fri May 17, 2019 6:35 pm

WHO cannot cope with the fear? WHO is fed up? Who thinks their life sucks?

Have you read Eckhart Tolle's account of when he awoke from identification with his mind? All his depression, fear etc vanished because he realised he was not the self who was fearful and depressed, he was the witnessing of all that, beyond all thought.

It's extremely hard, hence why few people have realised this, and for most it's not an instant thing but a process. However, it's about finding that still place within yourself, that awareness, even while you're in a state of fear. Try to focus on your breaths, especially the stillness between them. Be completely present, as much as you can.

Try not to fuel your thoughts or emotions, that will only add more suffering. What you resist persists. The more you direct emotion to resisting your fear and tell yourself your life sucks or you can't cope etc,the more you will entrap yourself. Let go.

Just let the fear be there and try not to act on it by going down to A+E. That will only invite more self hatred. You DO have a choice. You can remain aware during intense emotion. The more you give into your fear,the more you will suffer and be pulled into your mind until your life becomes truly unbearable. Although maybe, as for Tolle, you need to reach that point. But clearly you have some awareness of what is happening and you just need to remain aware enough to ride out the fear and know it's not going to hurt you.

Don't judge the fear. Don't throw emotional energy at it. Just try and breathe with it. Don't go to the hospital. Just see it as a passing experience.

I really recommend reading/watching Tolle's teachings on a daily basis if possible.

SamiT

Post by SamiT » Fri May 17, 2019 7:10 pm

Thanks for the replies. I know I sound like a victim and I’m sat on my pity pot, I am just trying to get out how I feel and how this is impacting my life so so much. I had a nurse say to me in A&E no wonder I’ve seen you here before you’ve been that may times.

I try I really try my best to take a step back from my thoughts and sometimes I can see them for what they are and dismiss them. Sometimes the pull is so strong that I cannot.

Do I need to speak positivity into my life and meditate on that? I’m so sorry for asking again I’m just struggling to understand or retain any information at the moment. I feel like I’m going mad 😢😢

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Fri May 17, 2019 7:31 pm

SamiT, I'm beginning to wonder if you're reading my posts or maybe just skimming them. How could you ask such a question that was just covered so thoroughly? Here's what I would like you to do: Rewrite my last post in your own words what you think I meant. Cover each paragraph. Don't ask questions. Just tell me in detail what you think I was saying. You want answers? Tell me what you think they are. The point is to look for understanding in your own consciousness. I'm giving pointers. Now go to where they point and tell me what you see. If you choose not to help yourself in this way, then ask yourself what you are afraid of.

WW

SamiT

Post by SamiT » Fri May 17, 2019 10:06 pm

Okay I will do, I am sorry I am really struggling to retain information, I promise you that I am trying my absolute best....

That I am a conscious being all the beliefs that I have, that I have acquired over my lifetime, are determining what my life is like now. I am consciously choosing the belief that I am fearful and anxious.

The beliefs that I am holding about myself are true to me. But they do not reflect reality because out of all the beliefs that I have had about what is happening or going to happen have not happened, which means it is a habit that i have acquired over a period of time, one that I am struggling to change but with effort could be changed.

The way I am talking about myself I am full of fear, I hate myself, I hate living like this, I think I am going to die, like you have said they are emotionally charged creators, I have not been recognizing them I have been thinking them and believing them, I am focusing all my energy on these beliefs/thoughts and they are creating my reality. I need to stop believing these thoughts, ignore the thoughts when they come and replace them like you said.

I am feeding and focusing all my attention on my fearful thoughts and believing them without focusing or even thinking how I would like my life to be like or what I can do with my life or imaging me having any sort of peace and fun. If I regularly repeat and meditate on how I want my life to be my mind will change when i focus my attention and willfully think what I want in this life.

Thanks WW

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat May 18, 2019 1:33 am

Okay, so make a plan. What are you going to do next? If you meditate and imagine the feeling of how great it would be to have fun and be totally disinterested in the old programing, when will you start? This is where you set a schedule and begin creating new habits of behavior and thought.

Do a 15 minute session and tell me about the successful parts. Only the successful parts. Any arising fears or concerns are just useless habit, irrelevant to this exercise, and should be ignored as such. If they show up, just laugh at the how the programming works, and refocus on your task. Focus on feeling good about this new direction. Pat yourself on the back. Give yourself credit. You taking positive steps and that's where any change begins.

Remember to start your session with several deep, connected breaths. Slow and easy. 5 to 10 will do, repeating occasionally during your session.

I look forward to your report.

WW

SamiT

Post by SamiT » Sun May 19, 2019 10:31 am

WW I did it.

I was focusing on my life to get up and just laugh, to go out in nature, to play with my daughter, to feel physically well, to be able to go into work without keep ringing in sick.

I felt what it was like to wake up in the morning and feel okay. I had thoughts of fear coming up and physical pains but I carried on focusing on what I want my life to be like.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun May 19, 2019 2:06 pm

Well done. It's a good beginning and a very important one. Get emotional about it while at the same time relaxing into it. Feel a knowingness of new understanding. Celebrate a little and be at peace with it at the same time. Feel a deep sense of appreciation. This will help anchor it in your consciousness. Give yourself some well deserved credit. Now you know what's possible.

Remember also that old habits can linger. It's okay. Just get back to the new way of being that you have chosen. Meditate often as a key point in your life in the way I suggested. It needs to become your default perspective on life and it will if you follow through. You're in the process of rewiring your whole life experience. Stay the course. Reap the rewards. I look forward to your next update.

WW