religious beliefs

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
logan65

religious beliefs

Post by logan65 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:04 pm

if true self is 100% whole and complete why would a person choose to "believe"?...from the pov of awareness everything is just like it should be no matter what does or does not happen..aren't "beliefs" what create the false self?..please share.

Webwanderer

Re: religious beliefs

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:28 pm

logan65 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:04 pm
if true self is 100% whole and complete
'If' is the big question here. In a Universe of 'infinite' potential what defines complete? Evolution and expansion of consciousness are irrelevant if consciousness is 'complete'. Yet evolution and growth are readily evident and seem to be at the heart of life.
why would a person choose to "believe"?...from the pov of awareness everything is just like it should be no matter what does or does not happen..aren't "beliefs" what create the false self?..please share.
If we do grow and evolve, what then is the mechanism for that expansion into that infinite potential? Could it be adopting certain beliefs under differing circumstances in order to explore and experience the many possibilities those beliefs offer? Remember, as Souls, we have eternity. So what is a few short years in a human experience in a timeless Universe?

Consider, even if our beliefs bring pain to ourselves or others, do we not have the opportunity to learn from the experience? Maybe its a course of how to adapt to events and conditions under challenging circumstances? And isn't such experience the fuel of conscious expansion?

WW

logan65

Post by logan65 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:48 pm

after re reading what I wrote,i think I answered my own question..if you have realized what you are THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR MORE..of course that's a big if

Nyseto

Post by Nyseto » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:25 am

Beliefs are created when one forgets that they are pure awareness.
"There is no such thing as enlightenment. The appreciation of this fact is itself enlightenment." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

kiki

Post by kiki » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:17 pm

if true self is 100% whole and complete why would a person choose to "believe"?...from the pov of awareness everything is just like it should be no matter what does or does not happen..aren't "beliefs" what create the false self?..please share.
From the point of view of awareness everything is just as it is. "Shoulds" are the province of mind.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---