How can we do our bit for spreading awakening?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
smiileyjen101

Re: How can we do our bit for spreading awakening?

Post by smiileyjen101 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:26 am

Hi Runstrails, great topic.

When I was reading through it, I noticed lots of expressing fear of being, worrying about what others will/do think, worrying about not being always what others would regard as 'spiritual' and fear of being judged, and guessing what others would/would not be interested in, or okay with.

It was a funny tickle noticing. 'We see things not as they are, but as we are.' Anais Nin

I do find folks say to me, 'you're the only person I can talk to about this stuff', 'no one else talks about this stuff' - and these are folks all in the same work or social circles, so that's obviously not true. Sometimes I will say so, and tell them of others who have also discussed 'this stuff' with me.

I do find if I'm reading a book on a bus or train that others will (sometimes) start a conversation about it. Not long ago a young woman saw me writing notes and underlining words in a book 'Old Souls' by Tom Shroder, and by the time she got off the bus she apologised that she had 'distracted' me from reading the book by discussing the elements and nuances of it for the entire journey. For me it was genuinely, my pleasure, to have had the conversation, and she beamed when I said so. The gift that book brought us that day was the connection.

And, for me, the sweetest, heartfelt, consciousness-raising, light bulb moments of life are when true connection happens, with friends, with family, or with beautiful strangers, and awareness raises and spreads all by itself, we only give it the space and energy to do so.

The purpose for me is not to instil curiosity or interest from others, or raise others' awareness, that just seems to be a natural consequence of being curious, interested and aware.

So, my answer would be, just be it, be truly open with, about, and to it. Whatever 'it' is. ;)

Folks find like energy. If we are closed and guarded and worried about it, we will only attract those who are closed and guarded and worried about it.

Be it, then you know that what others think about you is not about you (see the Anais Nin quote again).
Be it, then others will see that you are okay, and it will dissolve fears.
Be curious and it will invite curiosity. Be open and it will invite openness.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

niketsurve_91

Post by niketsurve_91 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:20 am

Thanks for the information that you have shared with us.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:49 am

Postscript to my above post about just be it:
I have a local bus stop, and sometimes it's a little like the mechanic shop / petrol/gas station in the Peaceful Warrior story.

The main character, like in the Peaceful Warrior story is an older man who seems humbly inconsequential, somewhat cranky at times, tells you his own faults, and has a heart of peaceful gold, but he is (or maybe it's the bus stop itself) a lightning rod for us weirdos who go about being :wink:

The main character chats to everyone who attends 'his' bus stop, he's curious and open with his history and opinions, but, he will ask for yours as well. A lady who happened to attend that stop fr the same bus as him just recently found out her father went to school with this guy forty odd years ago and hundreds of miles away, and has linked them up for a reunion today.

Everyone who attends the bus stop is thrilled for him, and no doubt will hear all about it.

But even when he's not there - (so maybe it is the stop itself) people are used to chatting with him, so if he's not there they chat with each other. They're used to it being ... whatever it is... and so it stays like that even if he's not there too.

A new lady was there on her own a little while ago when I was taking a different to my normal bus. As I looked at the timetable on a pole, I saw a beautiful lace moth, truly beautiful. I was standing there smiling like an idiot and she looked a little curiously, so I asked her if she liked beautiful things and she joined me at the timetable, both of us standing perfectly mesmerised by this gorgeous creature of serendipity. I normally get off the bus and take a train, but this day the conversation with her was so lovely, and it included a curiosity about the magic of that bus stop, so I took the bus all the way into the city.

The next time I took an earlier than usual bus, and there was a guy I'd never seen before standing waiting. He had a big silly grin on his face and I must have looked curious, so he pointed up and said, 'Don't you just love seeing the moon so beautiful in the early daylight'.

It's (no pun intended) not about how we get there - into awareness, into the moment, into being and being freely, it's not about how others are going to get there, it is just about being it and letting others be it too.

Both of the last two be-ers said, folks will / usually think I'm crazy ... or words to that effect. I just say I guess it depends on your frame of reference for what is sane. :lol:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen