How to not be lazy or not procrastinate?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
tchest77

How to not be lazy or not procrastinate?

Post by tchest77 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:47 pm

Just looking to know why I am so tired sometimes and I know I have responsibilities, but I just get lazy and procrastinate.
I was hoping for some guidance on how to break the cycle of just being lazy. I know if I get up and just start moving, then this has the ability to build momentum, which can then accumulate to getting more done, but to start the moving is just hard sometimes. I know this is from me being just tired or not being interested, but I'd like to be able to have a better habit instead of just giving in to it. There are days that I get a lot done, and then just days I feel I have a difficult time pushing myself.
Any advice on how to build a better habit or questions to ask myself to get a better hold of wanting to be more interested or motivated to get things done, is appreciated.

Loffe

Re: How to not be lazy or not procrastinate?

Post by Loffe » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:07 pm

Read those two books:
"The Now Habit" by Neil A. Fiore
"The Power Of Habit" by Charles Duhigg

The first one covers psychology around procrastination and the latter how to build and change habits.

Fore

Post by Fore » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:35 am

tchest77 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:47 pm
Just looking to know why I am so tired sometimes and I know I have responsibilities, but I just get lazy and procrastinate.
I was hoping for some guidance on how to break the cycle of just being lazy. I know if I get up and just start moving, then this has the ability to build momentum, which can then accumulate to getting more done, but to start the moving is just hard sometimes. I know this is from me being just tired or not being interested, but I'd like to be able to have a better habit instead of just giving in to it. There are days that I get a lot done, and then just days I feel I have a difficult time pushing myself.
Any advice on how to build a better habit or questions to ask myself to get a better hold of wanting to be more interested or motivated to get things done, is appreciated.
Move out of your parents house, bankruptsy and starvation are great motivators.
Poor people can’t afford to procrastinate.
That was an easy problem to solve!!😊

tchest77

Post by tchest77 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:10 am

Thank you for your replies! Guess I just have this pattern and need to figure it out. Wish I was driven to wake-up early and workout and learn something, ect. I think this being lazy thing is just a way of how one lives, they have their ups and downs, and evolving to whatever their life becomes; something I need to figure out.

Loffe

Post by Loffe » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:48 am

You should definitely explore procrastination on mind level and also awareness level. Procrastination is tied to a painbody and is a perfect ego mechanism to produce more pain - suffering. It's not only being lazy, well it begins with being lazy but afterward, it becomes a pattern and not so easy to change. I have been procrastinator most of my lived years. I thought that there is something seriously wrong with me. Why can't I do things and move forward in life? So I began to investigate and that lead to Tolle at some point. Well, not only that but it had a big part of it. PM me if you have questions, I can give you some pointers and links to materials. Or ask here.