I have a question.....

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
runstrails

Re: I have a question.....

Post by runstrails » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:54 pm

Very sorry to hear that SamiT. I'm glad you are on the forum. You could also try meditation, prayer, japa, excercise or therapy if those are useful.

Existential fear is embedded deep in our unconscious, it is the result of self-ignorance (i.e., thinking we are limited, insecure and separate from the whole). When this fear/insecurity arises, it attaches to ongoing thoughts about your life and the result is 'samsara' (an endless cycle of 'becoming'---due to this deep insecurity). Since the fear arises out of self-ignorance, the only solution for it is self-knowledge (that you are existence, consciousness, bliss or 'presence' or 'source' as we say on this forum). And this knowledge has to be applied consistently when the fear arises until the subconscious re-wires itself with its new identity (as existence consciousness, bliss). But you need a relatively calm mind to understand and contemplate on this knowledge. ET and other books talked about in this forum are a great first step. All the very best. Keep us posted.

PS You could try ET's technique of "if you can see the fear arise, then you cannot be the fear".

SamiT

Post by SamiT » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:09 pm

Thanks Runstrails

That is helpful. I struggle living on a day to day basis. Its like im just waiting to die. Its awful.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:51 pm

SamiT wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:09 pm
I struggle living on a day to day basis. Its like im just waiting to die. Its awful.
I'm waiting to die also. Just not likely to happen today, however. Until that day comes, I'm going to explore and have some adventures. I know I'll die someday, we all will. Maybe I'll travel some and explore the landscape, but mostly I'll be exploring experiences as they come my way and unfold. There is lots to do and enjoy. There are lots of interesting challenges to address.

I find it best not to dwell on things I cannot control such as the date of my moving on. It tends to distract me from the things I can - and it's those things that matter most. It's those things that generate the things I take with me when death someday finds its way to me. What can I take with me? Experience, memories, growth and expansion.

It also benefits my experience to know that death is not the end. It just a unique transition experience - and by most accounts a rather enjoyable one. Consciousness, self awareness, continues into new life conditions that offer even greater opportunities to explore. What a great system. My compliments to the architect.

WW

P-Slootweg

Post by P-Slootweg » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:05 pm

Hello my friend,

`it´s awful´.........the same as ET said to himself when he awoke......
the ego is very strong in its negativity. Maybe if you see it as a challenge and a change to awake?
The moment you do this intense and deeply, your ego weakens.
What you feel at that time, again intensely, is the start of awakening......

good luck :D