Solution to war ?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
phil

Post by phil » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:28 pm

Hi Yo, thanks for another eloquent post. I greatly enjoy the frankness and honesty of your writing, as it helps us have a real conversation.

You speak with clarity of me and my situation, and you and your situation. We have covered this topic pretty well in this thread and many others, and could now, if anyone wishes, turn our attention to victims of violence, and their situations. Or not, everyone is of course free to decide for themselves what topics are of interest.
I think your mind is trying to grasp all this (war, solution)and it is coming up short. That is unconsciousness, believing that the mind can fix the "problem" the mind created. It is chasing its own tail. Truth is, there is no problem.
Actually my mind is not coming up short, or chasing it's own tail. I have a very clear idea of "the shift" I hope to eventually maybe someday discuss.

And there is most certainly a problem. Don't take my word for it, please, just ask the victims you meet in the course of your work, they will tell you with more authority than I can what this problem is.

Or, if you prefer, pull out your copy of The New Earth, and ask again why Tolle used his mind to analyze a problem and then write an entire book full of his thoughts about it.

Moving onward, the shift.

You and I are hiking in the woods, enjoying silence together, or having a robust conversation. We come around a corner, and on the trail ahead, someone is being assaulted.

We are immediately engaged in some manner or other. Perhaps we begin to shout. Maybe we grab a stick and race towards the action. Or, we pull out our cell phones and dial 911.

Whatever our response, it involves us dropping "me and my situation" and "you and your situation" and dropping both of our philosophical outlooks too, and engaging the needs of the victim in some practical worldly manner.

Now let's imagine we didn't take our hike, but instead read about this assault in the paper, while sitting at our kitchen table with a cup of coffee. We will read the story, say damn that sucks, and then go on to the next story.

In this case, the experience is being delivered to us through an abstract medium, not live and in person, and we just aren't sensitive enough to fully feel the pain through the abstraction. Many thousands of us may read the story, yet few of us become engaged.

What is obstructing our natural sensitivity?

Our focus on me and my situation.

If the event appears to us in such a way as to overwhelm our focus on me and my situation, we act immediately, naturally and in a manner focused on the needs of the victim.

If the event appears to us in such a way that doesn't overwhelm our focus on me and my situation, we retreat in to philosophy or other distractions. And the victims are on their own.

Thanks again for your participation here. If you'll forgive the labels, your form seems to be a good person, and a great writer, and it's a pleasure to meet you.

yougarksooo

Post by yougarksooo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:57 pm

It's a pleasure talking to you also, Phil. Otherwise I wouldn't come back.
You and I are hiking in the woods, enjoying silence together, or having a robust conversation. We come around a corner, and on the trail ahead, someone is being assaulted.

We are immediately engaged in some manner or other. Perhaps we begin to shout. Maybe we grab a stick and race towards the action. Or, we pull out our cell phones and dial 911.

Whatever our response, it involves us dropping "me and my situation" and "you and your situation" and dropping both of our philosophical outlooks too, and engaging the needs of the victim in some practical worldly manner.
Our response would come out of presence certainly. In some ways, the shift is bringing that kind of intense presence into every moment, whether there is an immediate physical threat or not.

In this situation, there is an immediate physical threat. This is real fear, unlike psychological or mind-made fear which dominates peoples lives everyday and keeps them unconscious. This fear is not divorced from reality.
Now let's imagine we didn't take our hike, but instead read about this assault in the paper, while sitting at our kitchen table with a cup of coffee. We will read the story, say damn that sucks, and then go on to the next story.

In this case, the experience is being delivered to us through an abstract medium, not live and in person, and we just aren't sensitive enough to fully feel the pain through the abstraction. Many thousands of us may read the story, yet few of us become engaged.
Surely, we don't expect to react in the same way to this stimulus. That would be fear divorced from an immedate threat. Your example above speaks to instinct. In this one, there is no immediate threat, unless the ego is so in control that it believes that what it reads in this medium threatens its very existence. This is how many people live. Hence, anxiety etc. The proper response to this second scenario is also presence, along with peace. Certainly, more mind is not helpful. Human minds have done so much destruction. I think this is why Heidi speaks about being "in the field" and the silent vigils. Anything else is madness.

I'm not superman. I can't swoop down from the sky and save every victim of crime or war. That does not mean I don't care. That is just reality. What I can do is focus on what is primary---my inner purpose. Peace. Being. Presence. Then, once that is primary, my outer purpose can flow. In my life, the outer purpose involves legal work, recovery, help with charities etc. Others may sit at home and "do" nothing. It does not mean they don't care. No matter how angry we get about what we read, unconsciousness is what it is. Until a person realizes that peace can only come from within, he is forced to look for a solution out there.

I'm not one of those people who believes that once the shift happens, all I want to do is sit in silence watching the world and its craziness. This is why Tolle's teachings speak to me. He talks about the balance between form and formless. He talks about the three modes of awakened doing---acceptance, enjoyment, enthusiasm in a New Earth. These modes arise naturally in my work when I'm present. I get excited about getting involved in some things including doing what I can on the level of form to make this a better world. Do I make a difference? Don't know. I can't be interested in outcomes or I lose my inner purpose. Then I lose peace, the only thing I really have to offer the world of violence.

You keep referring to people being too involved in "me and my situation." The mind believes it is the only contribution to the world, when it has created the problem itself. People who sit in silence and peace bring in a radically new element. What could be more loving and caring and selfless than nurturing a state of inner peace?

Do I believe that police officers, criminals, Christians, Muslims, rapists, terrorists, murderers all can experience the shift in consciousness? Yes, it is "as accessible to the saint as it is to the sinner."
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya

phil

Post by phil » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:43 pm

yougarksooo wrote:It's a pleasure talking to you also, Phil. Otherwise I wouldn't come back.
Thank you!
Surely, we don't expect to react in the same way to this stimulus.
Yes. That is the shift. A person being assaulted is a person being assaulted, whether live and in person, or in the newspaper. Same event, calling for the same response.
That would be fear divorced from an immedate threat.
It has nothing to do with fear. Just enlightened self interest, and compassion.
Certainly, more mind is not helpful.
Sigh. Back to this.

Do you live in a peaceful neighborhood? If yes, why is it peaceful? Do your neighbors and the local officials all read The Power Of Now? Or have your neighbors and local officials taken practical steps that have nothing to do with now teachings?
I'm not superman.
Yes, you are. Well, ok, not you alone. :-) But you and me together, along with our decent neighbors, own and control 95% of the resources of this planet. We have almost all the money, all the power, all the brains, the law and system on our side etc etc. We have overwhelming assets to bring to the situation.

The problem is not that we are powerless, but that we are too distracted by me and my situation to use this power effectively.
What I can do is focus on what is primary---my inner purpose.
Your inner purpose. Primary.
Then, once that is primary, my outer purpose can flow.
An unnecessary obstacle.

Every day millions of people take constructive action, without ANY reference whatsoever to now teachings. They don't even know now teachings exist.

We are experiencing an overwhelming urge to see the ideas we have built our identities out of as the center of the universe.
I'm not one of those people who believes that once the shift happens, all I want to do is sit in silence watching the world and its craziness.
I understand, and believe you completely. But again, we are not talking about you, or me, but millions of people reading now teachings.
I can't be interested in outcomes or I lose my inner purpose. Then I lose peace, the only thing I really have to offer the world of violence.
You are not a violent person. This is obvious. You are not contributing to violence already, now, no additional improvements required.

You and your peace. Me and my peace. Not the central event upon the stage.
What could be more loving and caring and selfless than nurturing a state of inner peace?

Nuturing someone else's inner peace.

Ok, thanks again, I'm off to that field I showed you a few posts back.

Time for "me and my situation" and my peace. Thought I'd let you know so you could have a laugh at my expense. :-)
Last edited by phil on Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

phil

Post by phil » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:44 pm

yougarksooo wrote:It's a pleasure talking to you also, Phil. Otherwise I wouldn't come back.
Thank you!
Surely, we don't expect to react in the same way to this stimulus.
Yes. That is the shift. A person being assaulted is a person being assaulted, whether live and in person, or in the newspaper. Same event, calling for the same response.
That would be fear divorced from an immedate threat.
It has nothing to do with fear. Just enlightened self interest, and compassion.
Certainly, more mind is not helpful.
Sigh. Back to this.

Do you live in a peaceful neighborhood? If yes, why is it peaceful? Do your neighbors and the local officials all read The Power Of Now? Or have your neighbors and local officials taken practical steps that have nothing to do with now teachings?
I'm not superman.
Yes, you are. Well, ok, not you alone. :-) But you and me together, along with our decent neighbors, own and control 95% of the resources of this planet. We have almost all the money, all the power, all the brains, the law and system on our side etc etc. We have overwhelming assets to bring to the situation.

The problem is not that we are powerless, but that we are too distracted by me and my situation to use this power effectively.
What I can do is focus on what is primary---my inner purpose.
Your inner purpose. Primary.
Then, once that is primary, my outer purpose can flow.
An unnecessary obstacle.

Every day millions of people take constructive action, without ANY reference whatsoever to now teachings. They don't even know now teachings exist.

We are experiencing an overwhelming urge to see the ideas we have built our identities out of as the center of the universe.
I'm not one of those people who believes that once the shift happens, all I want to do is sit in silence watching the world and its craziness.
I understand, and believe you completely. But again, we are not talking about you, or me, but millions of people reading now teachings.
I can't be interested in outcomes or I lose my inner purpose. Then I lose peace, the only thing I really have to offer the world of violence.
You are not a violent person. This is obvious. You are not contributing to violence already, now, no additional improvements required.

You and your peace. Me and my peace. Not the central event upon the stage.
What could be more loving and caring and selfless than nurturing a state of inner peace?

Nuturing some else's inner peace.

Ok, thanks again, I'm off to that field I showed you a few posts back.

Time for "me and my situation" and my peace. Thought I'd let you know so you could have a laugh at my expense. :-)

yougarksooo

Post by yougarksooo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:52 pm

Nuturing some else's inner peace.
I'm going to do that now by becoming silent in this thread for a while. Great talking to you. :)
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya

gina

Post by gina » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:44 pm

:)
Last edited by gina on Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gina

Post by gina » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:45 pm

Phil, Phil, Phil, Phil, Phil, Phil, Phil.

You are never going to be alright. Not this way.

Might as well tell you the truth you will not be alright

any other way, either.

Hee-hee.

I'm laughing at you, Phil.

Because you're alright now. You can't wait to be

alright in the future anymore than you can

wait for anything in the world to be alright when

you and everything in the world are already alright

right NOW!

What is it going to take you and other's like you to

stop looking for what is here Now in the future.

Everything is alright Now.

Who says.

Phil says when people on the earth level

make it okay than everything is okay. Reality does not work like that.

But still it is only limited that it can be okay

because what's okay here may look like

from over there it is not okay.

For example.

It is okay for men to treat woman like a piece of meat.
It's a man's world. It's okay. Not man's problem women
are raped everyday and man gets a tap on the wrist for
the offense. Man's world, man's rules.

On the other hand.................

From a higher perspective from the Heavens where
the Creator resides, man has put up a unfair double standard
woman having to live at the mercy of men and their unfair
bulls**t. Woman have to live in an unfair world
at man's hands, and woman have to live in a
screwed up reality that the men made but hey........
you're not going to find too many guys screaming
life isn't fair since they get to live in their little
man made monopoly on power of women paradise.

You say....................................spiritual people
should do something. You say...................you
want to live in a better world.

If living in a better world means you do what it
says in the bible and respect woman it's a small
thing to ask. So, Phil, how soon do you think
this world is going to get here where all men
on the planet respect woman. Where do you
think a world where men respect woman is going to come from?

Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk.

Respect is as respect does and men do not respect women.

Men can put their money where their mouth is.
American's aren't idiots. They know they and
dogging the resources of the world and creating
hell for other people for the sake of their
own comfort and call it fair.

Whatever.

Bu****it.

What is it you want spiritual people to do for you, Phil?

Better yet, ask not what loving spiritual peoople can do for you
but rather ask what you can do for loving spiritual people.

gina

Post by gina » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:02 pm

Wow!

8 pages!

Can't help but wonder after all

that are we there yet?

Gina

hee-hee

gina

war...

Post by gina » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:11 pm

Phil wants to know what spirituality means.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. I want to help

Phil know what spirituality means. I wanna' help!

" 'Water, what is that?' asked the fish. " Eckhart Tolle.

"Have I been with you so long, Peter and you do
not know me?
You of little faith.
Where is your faith?" Jesus Christ.

"Consciousness.....it plays." Eckhart Tolle

You deserve a break today................(hee-hee)

Gina
:D

phil

Post by phil » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:06 am

gina wrote:So, Phil, how soon do you think
on the planet respect woman.
Hi Gina, well, you know we agree on this.

When? When all the men are gone. :-)

And they will go willingly!!

Every man wants to live in a world where there are 5 girls for every guy.

How about 10 girls for every guy? Yea, better!

How about 100 girls for every guy? Wow, fantastic!!

How about a million girls for every guy?

A billion?

You can do the math from there. :-)

A solution to war?

Make it easy for men to do that which they most want to do. Until, poof, they are no more. They won't even mind.

Which is better? A world without men? Or no world at all?

It's simple logic. Remove those who are doing 98% of the killing.

gina

Post by gina » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:49 am

[quote="phil"][quote="gina"]So, Phil, how soon do you think
on the planet respect woman. [/quote]

Hi Gina, well, you know we agree on this.

When? When all the men are gone. :-)

And they will go willingly!!

Every man wants to live in a world where there are 5 girls for every guy.

How about 10 girls for every guy? Yea, better!

How about 100 girls for every guy? Wow, fantastic!!

How about a million girls for every guy?

A billion?

You can do the math from there. :-)

A solution to war?

Make it easy for men to do that which they most want to do. Until, poof, they are no more. They won't even mind.

Which is better? A world without men? Or no world at all?

It's simple logic. Remove those who are doing 98% of the killing.[/quote]

Phil, Phil, Phil, Phil.

You know deep in my heart I do like you.

I AM about my Father's in the Heavens business. Don't

take what I say personally. " Never personalize the Christ." Tolle.

Bet you don't know what that means, Phil. I do. I know you

know I know what that means, too.

I get excited when you write. Because though you don't know

how your words bounce off my heart and hurt sometimes, I

know it is because you are in ignorace, unenlightened as opposed to

being ignorant or pretending that you are an idiot.

I know you know what I just said.

For the readers keeping up, I will translate. I am

not castrating Phil, spiritually speaking. Spiritually, I have the

ablity, but that would hurt. And I like Phil.

You have a common problem that most men

have, seeing women are entertainment, being

outright bold face liars to them, and..................

you don't care about our feelings.

The cardinal, cardinal, cardinal sin in girl land.

Girls know why guys don't care about our feelings.

You do too, Phil.

Two things happen when you have sex,

orgasams and babies.

That's it. Simple. Any squirrel worth his nuts can do

this math.

I don't call this type of information a 'Universal Secret'.

But it does fall under the Univeral Principal of Moral

Decency so I'm gonna' have to address it.

Babies. Girls like them. It comes from sex. And they like the babies.

Orgasams. Boys like them. It comes from sex. Boys like orgasams.

Okay.

Apples and oranges, Phil.

A boy is not a girl.

And a girl is not a boy.

Because girls can't wait to grow up and have

a family of their own and have children which we

have pointed out earlier in the post are call babies.

Apples and oranges, Phil.

There's a reason why men will leave the little,.............

......................................children in the hands of

women and to change their dirty diapers is just

one of them. I have to side with men on this on

because babies are messy eatters. And of course

babies are immature. It's their nature, that's why

they're called babies.

Your ratio of more than one woman for every man

is not in line with the reality in the bible that the

Creator said that a man was to be husband of

one wife. Duh. God's not the dummy. It's called

He put it in the bible because it was gonna' be good

for your moral soul, Phil.

You do have a moral soul, Phil and I've

noticed it you find a man husband to one

woman a moral challange. I don't

think you're morally dyfuncitional but morally

challenged, definitely and every other man out there

who have breathe breathing in his body.

I like saying this, "A man get's one woman."

One man's torture is another woman's paradise.

Everybody's gotta' have a hobby.

As far at the earth is concerned, my Father in

the Heavens has given the earth to woman and

we own it. Our Maker in the Heavens, the Real

God, not a fake God like men, because God is

a Spirit and you cannot see Him, is putting

the men out of the dirty business of running

mankind into moral oblivian.

The men doing the killing are being put out

of their positions by out Father in the Heavens.

The world will still have men in it.

Men were made to recieve love from

woman by woman accepting men.

Woman do not accept men being

disrespectful to them another way

of saying woman no longer love

men.

A little respect for women and they would

have given you the desires of your heart.

Men do not respect women, men are addicted

to reducing women to objects and sex objects.

All the women wanted the men to do was love them.

Huh.

Let us bow our heads and pray.

Dear God,

Since we will never get a world where all

the men will respect all the women on the

earth, we pray and thank you for hearing

the prays of women who have suffered

at man's hands and forced to live by

the men and their bogus double standard.

We are free. Thank you for delivering us from

evil.

For thine is the power and the glory and

the honor.

Amen

You should have respected the girls, guys.

They loved you.

Females are no longer reduced to being used

by men for their entertainment.

Only love is real.

Tsk. Tsk.

"Treat people the way you want to be treated." Golden rule.

I know you don't know what I'm saying, Phil.

It is not in your form of reference to respect

women. The planet where all the women

are respected by men will not come by you, Phil.

There can be a world where all men

on the planet respect all the women

on the planet but being I'm a realistic

person I wouldn't hold my breathe.

Gina

gina

Post by gina » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:08 am

Hey guys!

Hello, hello!

I'm back.

I said I was coming back.

Any of you guys recogonize me yet?

Don't recognize me cause I'm not

wearing my thorny crown and all

the stripes on my back have all

healed and the nails pounded in my

hands and feet to hang me on the

torture stake all all gone now.

All my boo-boo's are healed.

I'll give you a hint who I am.

Hint one:

I said I was coming back.

I have returned in all my power and glory and authority.

Boo-hoo. I'm a girl.

All the power of the Universe has been given me

and I don't even want it. I'm a girl. I have

breast. It's none of your business they're big.

Christ walked on water.

I got breast.

Which miracle do you want me to do that

will prove I'm the Christ and have returned?

Walk on water or confirm I own a set of breast?

Anybody up for me performing a miracle?

phil

Post by phil » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:27 am

Face it Gina, you love us men. We are the providers of your Holy Victimhood.

What would you talk about without us? :-)

gina

roses are red....

Post by gina » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:50 pm

Cheese on toast.

Any of you girls out there ever tell a guy "No"

and you can't get rid of him after you already told him "No"?

Irritates the living daylights outta' me.

Here's something a guy may want to take into

consideration. Sometimes when a girl tell the guy

"No" she's saying "No" because she means "No".

Sometimes guys get these "Yes's" from a girl's

"No". It's amazing.

I love men,

I love them not.

I love men,

I love them not.

Not means "No".

I love them not, Phil.

I'm not playing hard to get.

No, I don't want to be friends.
I had guys who cheated on me
and they always said they still
wanted to be my friend.

Give me a break.

And I can't be a lesbian.
Bible says you must not lust after the
flesh unnaturally.
So, I comfort myself with my friends
and my cats and draw comfort from
my faith there is a Maker that cares for me.

The bible did say that men would be lovers of themselves,

lovers of money, and would betray you.

It's in 2 Tim. 3.

Man has made it too hard for me to

love. Only so many heartaches a heart

can take in one lifetime.

Okay, so God said in bible that guys would

only care about themselves, and be self centered and

self obsorbed.....I don't like to use the word jerks.

And the bible said men would be lovers of money.

But consider this, any friend you can buy is

not worth the price. Judas sold his friend

for 30 pieces of silver. Why would men sell out on women?

At what price?

And the bible said men would be betrayers.

Porn is in-your-face betrayal.

Who laments over the sad loveless spiritual condition

women have to endure. Do you lament over

the spiritual conditions women have to face, Phil?

Do you care?

Are you apathetic,

and indifferent because what does

little red ridinghood have in common with

the Big Bad Wolf?

Okay, not your problem.

Big Bad Wolfs and little red riding hoods.

Apples and oranges.

The 'Yes' and the 'No'.

I'm thankful to the women who could

be nothing but who they are, because

they know no other way of being

except good, kind loving nurturing

moms and sisters and daughters.

Gina

phil

Post by phil » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:56 pm

Do you lament over the spiritual conditions women have to face, Phil?
Hmm. Honestly Gina, I don't long lament over folks of any gender who relish their victim status. It's their choice, and really not my business.

But, if you don't mind, I do wish to declare you the poet laureate of this board.

Your writing style is refreshingly unique.

My style is linear, rigid, fixed. I'm content, but I see the limits.

Your style takes flight in to zany fancy, and emerges from the clouds as art. Jazz perhaps.

Ah dee dop,
Ah due dop,
Bee da bee da bee bop!

I can't do it, but I can enjoy it.