Instability, choosing a course in life, and pain

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
confused

Instability, choosing a course in life, and pain

Post by confused » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:27 pm

I would love to become a doctor and work in 3rd World Countries. Be a doctor for the poor, as my activist friend suggested, but every three days I feel as though I can't move. The pain in my heart gets so great that it sucks up all my energy. I feel like I am going insane and that I am completely unnormal. I have no stability and no strength. I lose confidence. I go from believing that I can do anything in life to feeling like I am going to die alone, miserable, achieve nothing, and become homeless. How in the world can I get through medical school if every two days I want to die?

eseward

Post by eseward » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:40 pm

IMHO there are more important things than medical school (like finding and experiencing your True Self).

aquarius123esoteric

Going Through Traumatic Times

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:37 pm

Dear Confused,
You certainly are going through difficult times at present. And when the going gets as tough as that it's cold comfort to know that everything happens for good purpose, i.e. to teach us something, is it? Or to tell ourselves this is not our true reality - which it isn't. But, when we are going through the depths of suffering, that's not helpful either! Our suffering is real enough. My advice is as follows:

DON’T QUIT...
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will;
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill;
When funds are low and debts are high;
And you want to smile, but have to sigh;
When care is pressing you down more than a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don’t ever quit...
Life can be queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns.
But many a failure can turn about,
And we could be winning, if only we stick things out.
Don’t give up, even if the pace appears to be slow.
You may succeed, with just one more blow!
Success is failure turned inside out;
It’s the silver tint on the clouds of doubt.
And you never can tell how close to it you are,
It could be near, when it still seems very far!
So, stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit.
When things seem worst that’s when one shouldn’t quit...
Anon.

Well, my feeling is that when things seem to be going wrong in our life, they only do so apparently and that it usually is us who are out of step with the Universe, not the other way round. When this happens, the likelihood is that the energies currently flowing through our life are trying to tell us a different story. Because we are probably in need of a lesson of a different kind, they are therefore trying to point us in a different direction. If one seems to be running into one invisible wall after another, when obstacle after obstacle rears its head, you can bet your bottom dollar on it that this is a signal from the Universe that somehow we are barking up the wrong tree.

From ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’ Part One
© Aquarius 2007

If any of the above makes any sense to you, and you would like to read the rest of this chapter, please go to http://www.raysofwisdom.com. Click on the section ‘Stargazer’s Writings’ and look for the heading ‘Don’t Quit’.

With Love and Light,
Aquarius

confused

Post by confused » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:38 pm

IMHO there are more important things than medical school (like finding and experiencing your True Self).
Wow! Eseward, that is great advice. Thanks! :roll: Very pertinent and enlightening :roll:
With Love and Light,
Aquarius
Thanks Aquarius. I needed that. I love that poem by the way!

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:03 pm

Bless you, Confused - I hope that you will soon be feeling much better. If you are interested in astrology and know your time of birth, you could let me have your details by private e-mail, so I can have a look at what is currently moving through your life and maybe tell you a bit about it. It may help your understanding.

No, I am not looking for business - I do not do birthcharts and I certainly am no fortune-teller. All my work is for charity.

With love and light,
Aquarius

eseward

Post by eseward » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:28 pm

confused, I was stating an opinion, not offering advice. And actually, anyone who has found their True Self would agree, as was taught by Jesus and Buddha and other great teachers.

Maybe I respect you too much to feel so sorry for you. Maybe you are far more than you think.

"Is it not written in your laws that you are gods?" Jesus

din

Post by din » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:52 pm

Hmmm...

That story sounds very familiar to me. :shock:
:)

din

Post by din » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:54 pm

DON’T QUIT...
The battle cry of the ego: don't quit, don't ever give up hope!
:)

aquarius123esoteric

Don't Quit

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:20 pm

'The battle cry of the ego: don't quit, don't ever give up hope!'

However, isn't it rather the battle cry of the Ego, of our Highest or God Self, when the small ego or earthly self is tempted to give up?

With love - Aquarius

confused

Post by confused » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:48 pm

But there is more understanding and various layers of life that are essential not to all be dismissed by "just be present" as a dogma. Anyone can be dogmatic. To answer every single question with, "Just be present everything else is ego." is dogmatic.

Admittedly something is taking over and it disables me from taking life too seriously. I can see that this is nothing but a dream. Somehow that is happening and I have to admit it is a bit healing. I can see that the source of everything, all wisdom etc. is from the unmanifested and what everyone is looking for and ever been searching for is the unmanifested. But the broken heart and regrets are so strong, and have so much momentum that it makes it hard to appreciate that something greater than my ego is trying to take over.

confused

Post by confused » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:52 pm

Aquarius, what is your email address?

phil

Post by phil » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:51 am

Hi again Confused,
confused wrote: But the broken heart and regrets are so strong, and have so much momentum that it makes it hard to appreciate that something greater than my ego is trying to take over.
Broken heart and regrets. What are they precisely?

Not a complicated philosophical question. A plain and simple one.

Literally, what are these things?

aquarius123esoteric

Broken Heart Experiences Not To be Suppressed!

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:16 pm

The way I understand this whole lifetime is that for each one of us it is a healing journey and a time for coming home into our true nature again. All our experiences are valid and nothing is in our life that does not somehow have purpose and meaning. And we certainly have not been given our world of feelings for nothing. Merely sitting on them and suppressing them, when they rise to the surface – as they will do when we start to meditate – will get us nowhere. They are coming into our conscious awareness because they want to be looked at, understood and healed, so that they can be released and got rid of, once and for all. In a nutshell, that is the healing process.

My feeling is that at present you are probably under the influence of the energies of the planet Neptune. And that is a time in one’s life – which for everybody comes every so often – when one simply cannot see as clearly as one does at normal times. It is also a time of heightened spiritual sensitivity, emotions and feelings. And it one when one can finally get to the bottom of some long standing mess in one’s life and/or finding healing for some very ancient wounds. When I say ancient, I mean that we could be dealing with wounds which our soul has brought with it into this lifetime, to seek healing. So, who would we be to deny our soul that right? The way I see it, that is what we have been given the gift of another lifetime for.

God bless you and I do hope that you will soon begin to feel much better. To my mind, understanding is the key to unlocking all the suffering that is on this plane of our existence. But if we do not even grasp that our suffering also has purpose and meaning, how can we even begin to do our share of putting an end to our suffering and that of our world?

My e-mail address is aquarius123esoteric@hotmail.co.uk

With Love and Light,
Aquarius
http://www.raysofwisdom.com

confused

For Phil

Post by confused » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:08 pm

Broken heart and regrets. What are they precisely?
Hurting others, hurting myself, losing the exciting happy fun life I once had. Sometimes the only thing that keeps me going is the dream of easing the sufering of the poorest of the poor. Sometimes I am so aware that this existence is a dream and it is so obvious to me that it is an illusion. Sometimes there is no me at all. Sometimes the peace is beyond the beyond. Sometimes the pain and regret of being corrupted is below the below. Sometimes I just wish my family never left Israel and that we would have been so much happier that. Sometimes all I feel is unbearable compassion, love, and infiinte peace and see so obviously that, "This existence of ours is as transient as autumn clouds. To watch the birth and death of beings is like looking at the movements of a dance. A lifetime is like a flash of lightening in the sky...Rushing by like a torrent down a steep mountain." Buddha.

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:46 pm

Hello Confused,
Are you by any chance a Piscean? If so, it'll your birthday soon. I wonder whether the following might help you forward a bit:

The Sun moved into Pisces on the 19th February and this is but a quick note to let you know that an updated version of my interpretation of ‘The Sun In Pisces’ has just been posted in 'Astrological Writings' to my website.

When you go to the homepage, you will discover that I have made an improvement to the site, which I believe to be a good one. You can go to ‘The Sun In Pisces’ from there and it is no longer necessary to click on the ‘Astrological Writings’ separately.

Whether for yourself or a loved one, how about copying, pasting and printing this file – or any other – and placing it inside a birthday card, as a special surprise?

With Love and Light,
Aquarius
http://www.raysofwisdom.com