Global Warming: Real Science or Real Politics?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Narz

Post by Narz » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:10 am

WW, who exactly are you worried about being a "pawn" of?

Is this a big conspiracy by solar panel manufacturers?

Terrorism, IMO, has absolutely nothing to do with the war we're waging in Iraq (soon to be Iran). Iraq hasn't terrorized us or even threatened us.

Our actions are pretty much guaranteeing MORE terrorism. As a Tolle fan surely you can see the folly of fighting fire with fire. ;)

Seeing that you're living in Orlando I can see why global warming might be emotionally difficult to accept but ignorance isn't bliss, despite rumors to the contrary.
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”

InfinityCurve - my YouTube Channel :)

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:25 am

Heidi has indicated on another thread that she thinks this is not an appropriate discussion for this web site. Your response has convinced me that she is correct. So let us release this foray into concept and form, and return once again to clarity and awareness. :idea:

Narz

Post by Narz » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:55 am

Webwanderer wrote:Heidi has indicated on another thread that she thinks this is not an appropriate discussion for this web site. Your response has convinced me that she is correct. So let us release this foray into concept and form, and return once again to clarity and awareness. :idea:
Well, you can always PM me if you want to convince me. I am open.

Cheers,
Narz
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”

InfinityCurve - my YouTube Channel :)

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:12 am

Narz, it is doubtful that I could possibly convince you of anything related to this topic. I am no expert in any field related to this discussion. But if, as you say, you are indeed open, then you already have the basis of what you need to get beyond any false concepts you may hold. That same openness is, after all, the primary tool to clarity and truth in any endeavor.

The rest of the equation is the willingness to look with new eyes, and in places we haven’t looked before. And in my opinion skepticism is healthy, especially when asked to take as gospel, information that comes from a source that is likely to have an agenda. I of course will endeavor to practice what I preach.

Live free.

din

Post by din » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:33 am

Hey Phil,
Every so often I like to yell the word Rubbish! -- just to stay in practise.

Of course you're right.

But even that admission is rubbish.

Every single word ever uttered or written is rubbish.
The now movement has no idea how awakenings in a few might translate in to outer change for a simple reason.

It has no interest in the subject at all!
There is another reason also, not knowing.

But even this is rubbish, so I give up, I surrender. :wink:
:)

phil

Post by phil » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:05 pm

din wrote:Every single word ever uttered or written is rubbish.
Sorry Din, we aren't going to connect the hyper vague New Earth plans of nowbie philosophy to every word ever uttered or written, and then declare them all equally rubbish, just to let you off the hook. :-)

Tolle and Krishnamurti write book after book after book out of the conviction that some words and concepts are more useful than others. You and I do the same thing with every post.

Your attachment to these words is causing you to resort to childlike debating tricks whenever the words you cherish are too successfully challenged. It's not worthy of a person of your intelligence.

You are not alone, it's a broad pattern on now boards. When someone perceives danger to some idea they are attached to, they jump bail by declaring the whole process of thought/words/conversation invalid.

This happens ONLY when they disagree with something being said. Words, thoughts, concepts debate etc are always perfectly fine so long as the poster feels no threat to the group consensus.

If you want to talk about process, we could look at this as well. More rubbish... :-)

phil

Post by phil » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:14 pm

Hmm, trying to learn how to make points without aiming them at individuals. Din, I know you aren't offended or worried about my post, but I will apologize anyway, for my own education.

All words are rubbish?

I would buy this from now philosophy, and greatly respect it, if now teachers and students practised what they preach.

No book, no lectures, no empire of CDs and videos.

Just a bunch of people sitting in a room, or a field, enjoying precence together, and that's all.

No authority figures. Why do we need them just to sit quietly together?

Not a plan to gain this or lose that. Not a process of awakening. Not a quest for a permanent solution to all problems. No comparisons to this religion or that philosophy. No drive to be "the solution!" No glamorous glory or profound proclamations.

Just silence. Period.

When we get to that point Din, then I will join you in the all words are rubbish realm.

din

Post by din » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:39 pm

phil wrote:Hmm, trying to learn how to make points without aiming them at individuals. Din, I know you aren't offended or worried about my post, but I will apologize anyway, for my own education.

All words are rubbish?

I would buy this from now philosophy, and greatly respect it, if now teachers and students practised what they preach.

No book, no lectures, no empire of CDs and videos.

Just a bunch of people sitting in a room, or a field, enjoying precence together, and that's all.

No authority figures. Why do we need them just to sit quietly together?

Not a plan to gain this or lose that. Not a process of awakening. Not a quest for a permanent solution to all problems. No comparisons to this religion or that philosophy. No drive to be "the solution!" No glamorous glory or profound proclamations.

Just silence. Period.

When we get to that point Din, then I will join you in the all words are rubbish realm.
Sounds good Phil.

Have a peek at my new post called "these words", it may explain why all words are rubbish.

I'm not really trying to convince anybody I'm just expressing what I see.

Silence is good, but it's not half as much fun as noise!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:)