Giving A Dog A Pill

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
phil

Giving A Dog A Pill

Post by phil » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:07 am

Have you ever tried to give a pill to a dog?

They don't necessarily like having their mouth propped open, and a pill shoved down their throat. They may even bite the hand that tries this.

But....

If you hide the pill in a big pile of yummy dog food, they will gobble it all down with a big smile on their face.

95% of now teaching are yummy food for us.

The teachings are inspiring, grand, awesome, incredible, amazing, insightful, transcendant, beautiful, sublime, even profoundly paradoxical! Yippee! All that stuff we philosopher types love.

None of it is silence.

But, if we're lucky, while we're gobbling down this big pile of glorious stimulation, maybe we swallow the silence pill as well.

din

Post by din » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:15 am

Phil wrote:
All that stuff we philosopher types love.
The teachings are not a philosophy.

They are pointers pointing beyond themselves.

And they always point back to what's right here and right now.

However if you prefer to focus on the finger that's pointing, that's perfectly fine.

Because all of this is "it".
:)

phil

Post by phil » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:28 pm

Every word ever uttered or written is a pointer to something beyond itself Din.

A true pointer would be something one easily discards. That's not what's happening here.

Instead, a big structure of "pointers" is being constructed, and folks are building their identities within this structure, and then defending the castle to the last man.

That's called religion, or if you prefer a gentler word, philosophy.
No, they don't. They point to a glorious future where you become enlightened in the there and then.

heidi

Post by heidi » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:15 pm

if we're lucky, while we're gobbling down this big pile of glorious stimulation, maybe we swallow the silence pill as well.
:D
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

innermusiq

No!1

Post by innermusiq » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:47 pm

Phil is no ! 1, he calls a spade a spade.
He tells it like it is

You want truth, you can't handle the truth. Jack Nicholson, movie A few good men.

din

Post by din » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:21 pm

phil wrote:

Every word ever uttered or written is a pointer to something beyond itself Din.

A true pointer would be something one easily discards. That's not what's happening here.

Instead, a big structure of "pointers" is being constructed, and folks are building their identities within this structure, and then defending the castle to the last man.

That's called religion, or if you prefer a gentler word, philosophy.
No, they don't. They point to a glorious future where you become enlightened in the there and then.
This is right on Phil!

I bow to the master! :D

gina

Post by gina » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:22 pm

Phil is not telling it how it is.

Phil's perspective is only his perspective.

"It's not the way it is. It's just a thought

about it. It is just one tiny perspective.

No one perspective can hold the

entire truth." Eckhart Tolle

Phil's words are clever, but

not intelligent.

There is a difference.

If you want to remain unconscious,

unenlightened and absent than

listen to the words of charming disgruntled people

and their negativity.

"Consciousness is a state free from all

negativity." Tolle

"When you are enlightened, every moment

is the best............." Eckhart Tolle.

Gina
Last edited by gina on Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gina

a dog and his pill.....

Post by gina » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:24 pm

Wow, din.

Really good!

:D

gina

Post by gina » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:31 pm

Last edited by gina on Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

innermusiq

sure

Post by innermusiq » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:19 am

The truth is the truth, imo there is no paradox in the truth it cuts like a samuri sword when you realise it.

There is only now and nothing else, when its over its over. But everyone wants more, what is it that always wants more? the mind, give me more give me better, make me god.

Let go, truly let go of everything and you'll know the truth. let go of all HOPE and you'll see there is no hope and what is left is the truth. Religion gives hope E.T. gives hope, why do you think his books are so popular and he's chuckling all the way to the bank. People want hope and that is what the search is really about under the guise of enlightment.

Surrender all especially hope and truth is all thats left. There is only now and when it ends for you and I thats it its over. The mind recoils in horror and it shakes you to the core, makes you very present in the here and now without paradox. No matter how bad it is, its better than NOTHING.

When E.T. says the mind can't get it or understand it, he's really saying believe what I say blindly because I get it. Is it hope you want well then its false hope. The truth is the truth is the truth. When now is over its finished, when the form dissolves its over, and its very liberating.

eseward

Post by eseward » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:31 am

:shock:

din

Re: sure

Post by din » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:01 am

innermusiq wrote:The truth is the truth, imo there is no paradox in the truth it cuts like a samuri sword when you realise it.

There is only now and nothing else, when its over its over. But everyone wants more, what is it that always wants more? the mind, give me more give me better, make me god.

Let go, truly let go of everything and you'll know the truth. let go of all HOPE and you'll see there is no hope and what is left is the truth. Religion gives hope E.T. gives hope, why do you think his books are so popular and he's chuckling all the way to the bank. People want hope and that is what the search is really about under the guise of enlightment.

Surrender all especially hope and truth is all thats left. There is only now and when it ends for you and I thats it its over. The mind recoils in horror and it shakes you to the core, makes you very present in the here and now without paradox. No matter how bad it is, its better than NOTHING.

When E.T. says the mind can't get it or understand it, he's really saying believe what I say blindly because I get it. Is it hope you want well then its false hope. The truth is the truth is the truth. When now is over its finished, when the form dissolves its over, and its very liberating.
You say to truly let go of everything and in the same post you say that ET is chuckling all the way to the bank.

You can't have it both ways kiddo.

innermusiq

so

Post by innermusiq » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:02 am

There's a paradox, ha ha ha. Its all in his mind and you believe blindly.

There is only now and when you die your dead the end. E.T can have the cash, money never motivated me, but don't give me false hope and faith in E.T.

Formless consciouness, ha, try this then.
Look at the stars tonight then close your eyes can you still see the stars ? no and why? because you have just had a diminshment of consciousness by loosing one of your senses. No matter how much in being you are you won't see the stars. When your dead there is no more senses for consciouness to use. So does consciousness expand to infinte. Ha no.

Remember two objects are required to create space, if we are moving beyond objects/form how does consciouness expand ? when there is no form it must contract .... to the point of oblivion.

If there is only blue there's no blue etc. If there is only consciousness there's no consciousness, what makes it stand out ? there is nothing without thought, theres blank .... thats what I have found

Kerri Packer Australia's richest man had a near death experience a few years ago. He was dead for 6 mins and then revived. In an intervew later he was asked what was there, he said there's nothing, no devil, there is nothing. But everyone wants to hear the angelic experience.

False hope of eternal life, E.T tells the truth about there being only now the rest is for those who prefer the hope over truth. Stop your thought disengage the mind I have done it and there is blank blank blank nothing.
It ends after about 2 hours of nothingness not by thought coming back in but a gasp for air ends this state, just like the birth of a new born, the physical organism holding on to life in me.

I've done this heaps of times and thats the truth I get, where is the paradox in that truth, none.
Try it if you really want the truth or do you prefer the hope of more, better, godhood.

Its all in your mind. let go of the hope, if you are able and you will be present here and now realising this is all there is. You don't need the hope I don't anymore and its great. Keep enlightenment I don't want it, its all a dead duck. Enjoy the form while it lasts. There is my proof and its all around you, where is your proof E.T. and thats idolitry.

eseward

Post by eseward » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:50 pm

Your experiences are very different than mine; of course your methods are as well.

din

Post by din » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:27 pm

Hey innermusiq,
but don't give me false hope and faith in E.T.
Good point!
ET: "Don't rely on me, I will always let you down".

Look at the stars tonight then close your eyes can you still see the stars ? no and why? because you have just had a diminshment of consciousness by loosing one of your senses.
Is it really a diminishment of consciousness???

Or is it a limitation of perception?

If you close your eyes right now.

Isn't consciousness shining brightly like the noonday sun?

Can it ever really be diminished???