An agonizing thought that just won't leave

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
heidi

Post by heidi » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:11 pm

LOL. Heidi, you from NY originally?
No, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts where we have even less patience for victimhood than they do in NY. ;)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

eseward

Post by eseward » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:46 pm

:lol:

confused

Post by confused » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:11 pm

No, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts where we have even less patience for victimhood than they do in NY.
Good thing for me that I am free of that now :) . Writing about negative thoughts I was attached to has helped me get free of them. I guess that is what Byron Katies Work is all about. It really truly helps detach from thought. And according to Buddha the root cause of suffering is the minds clinging to unfortunate thoughts.

Love,
Confused

eseward

Post by eseward » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:41 pm

My congrats to you, confused, on your recognition of all this and the subsequent freedom. Great stuff IMO.

eseward

Post by eseward » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:59 pm

confused wrote:all that matters is being in touch with Being, being Being. Not only is it all that matters but it is truly better than all the riches and all the women in the world. Even the most famous, richest person, if he is not present in Being, suffers.
This is what I meant when I posted:
eseward wrote:confused, if you think your friends' "success" (and money and women) has lived up to its advertising and produced the satisfaction they crave, keep looking. You've been deluded by appearances; your friends may be successful but they are not happy or satisfied. These outer things don't work to bring the contentment that our hearts seek.
To which you responded:
confused wrote:That is ridiculous and ridicuously judgmental. They are much happier than me I gurantee it. I remember what it was like to have all that. It was amazing. Now I feel terrible all the time, because I lost my confidence. It is so dishonest and judgmental to say that what they have is not fulfilling to them. I know these people. I lived with them. They never read The Power of Now, I read it a million times, yet they are much more at peace, much happier, much more confident, much kinder even. And wiser than me as well in many ways.

And I still agree with my original statement, or as you said:
confused wrote:all that matters is being in touch with Being.....And the end of suffering and realizing our oneness, the fact that we are the Unmanifested, or the fact that we are the present moment, is beyond any treasure that is outside.